[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dragon type pokemon were "overpowered" >make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: picture2life_97237_original.jpg (112 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
picture2life_97237_original.jpg
112 KB, 720x720
>Dragon type pokemon were "overpowered"
>make a new overpowered type to counter them
>>
I know you're being sarcastic, but Dragons were never overpowered.

Outrage was.
>>
>>24772177
Which gains STAB from Dragon type.
>>
their not overpowered, they are just countered by types very like/use in poision/steel.

almost every fag goes with the same muh fire, muh water, muh dragon, muh awesome legendaries/pseudo legendaries!

even these fairy faggots are very unappealing. Other than Clefable , who the fuck likes a single other one? mawhile and the big marill get love for being overpowered, but thats fucking it.
>>
>faires
>overpowered
Fuck off with this meme, without Huge Power and Pixilate they're almost all garbage
>>
>>24772214
>Mawile, Klefki, Togekiss, Clefable/others all amazing defensive typings
>even Mime/Gardevoir and Jiggly are passable
>it's also a good offensive type
>>>>>this isn't overpowered

fuck off John Gamefreak
>>
>>24772159

Mawile is bae
>>
>>24772177
>>24772204

More like almost every dragon type had a stupid BST ability and movepool.
>>
>>24772231
How does any of this mean it's overpowered? We know it's a good type, but there are several other types that are just as good or better
>>
>>24772206
Togekiss is adorable

>>24772291
How many old pokemon climbed to OU because fairy typing was slapped on them?
>>
>clefable went from unlisted usage in NU to the single best pokemon in OU with nothing but a type change
>>
only thing that makes Fairies overpowered is that Smogon still throws on fighting moves in place on steel moves whenever available.
>>
>>24772214
Most fairies are cursed with shit stats and movepools, but the Fairy type is pretty much amazing

>Immune to Dragon
>Key resistances to Fightning, Dark and Bug, which of course means resisting Knock Off
>In addiction it has a pretty cool offensive presence
>Only threats are Poison types that tend to be shit and Steel types that are not comomly offensively used

Clefable shows what Fairy-type does when you have the passable combination of stats, ability and movepool. Straight to OU after being a NU shitmon for gens
>>
>>24772627
>>24772646
>>24772705
>a new type made old Pokemon more viable because there's a new role to be filled
Is this supposed to mean something?

Smogmeme tiers aren't even relevant because the way they work don't actually represent how good a Pokemon is. If the Blissey line was changed to fairy Clefable would still be in a low tier.
>>
Come on, let's be real here. Dragon as a type is pretty fucking bad.

Resistance to four types is neat, but right now it's weak to three common attacking types. To add to that, it's supereffective only to itself and is resisted by steel and fairy.

The reason why dragons were so prevalent was because the pokemon with the type and the moves they were given were damn good. But solely as a type, it was pretty much shit.

Fairy on the other hand is quite the opposite. Most fairy type mons are shit, but the fairy type itself is one of the best right now. Weak to two (non-offensive) typings and strong against/resistant to three common attacking typings.
>>
>>24772719
Well, I'm sure you could show us all a better way, but you probably just don't want to do this now.
But please explain, how Chansey and Clefable aren't represented for their usefulness by being OverUsed (Meaning people use them a lot because they are GOOD).
>>
>>24772654
Again with the fucking treating Smogon like a person.

It's a fucking website. Why do people shit on smogon like it's a sentient being that chooses its moves.

In what situations do they replace potential Steel moves with Fighting moves, anyway? I can't think of a single one.
>>
>>24772206
> Other than Clefable , who the fuck likes a single other one?
Speak for yourself fag, I always liked Mawile.
Togekiss. Gardevoir and Whimsicott are good too.
>>
>>24772719
Are you honestly claiming that Clefable isn't good?
>>
>>24772741
>>24772780
That post wasn't hard to understand. Any new type, no matter how good or bad, will make older Pokemon viable because they suddenly have a niche instead of being outclassed by everything. Clefable was never a bad Pokemon, there was just very little reason to use it over Chansey/Blissey as a normal type. That's why I'm saying that if Chansey/Blissey were also changed to fairy Clefable would still be an irrelevant Pokemon
>>
>>24772794
Not really though. Magic Guard and Unaware as well as good physical bulk and actual offensive presence make Clef better than those passive fucking shits. Anything with Taunt and Recovery instantly beats them, but Clefable can actually work around that.
>>
>>24772805
that's not enough to make it more viable than a Chansey of the same type as last gen proved
>>
>>24772206
>Clefable

Meme favourite. Speak for yourself.

Personally, apart from Aromatisse and Slurpuff and maybe Florges, I think every fairy looks great. I'm even impartial to Mr. Mime for no real reason.
>>
>>24772719
>>Smogmeme tiers aren't even relevant because the way they work don't actually represent how good a Pokemon is. If the Blissey line was changed to fairy Clefable would still be in a low tier.

>>24772794
>>That post wasn't hard to understand. Any new type, no matter how good or bad, will make older Pokemon viable because they suddenly have a niche instead of being outclassed by everything. Clefable was never a bad Pokemon, there was just very little reason to use it over Chansey/Blissey as a normal type. That's why I'm saying that if Chansey/Blissey were also changed to fairy Clefable would still be an irrelevant Pokemon

Well yeah, for 5 Generations Clefable was always outclasssed by Chansey. That's probably the reason Chansey was always a solid OU/UU Pokemon. Clefable was somewhat useful in earlier Generations, but its Stats, Typing and Movepool always screamed "Worse Chansey".
And if you actually go to the Smogon forums, you'll see that for every Tier Viability Rankings exist. And not just in Gen 6, but for all the others too, just takes longer to find them, obviously.
So, there you have it: Usage-based Tiers, and additional viability rankings, that (can) explain how two similar Pokemon can be in the same Tier as of usage, but one is just far more viable, because of stats, ability, movepool or typing.
Also, I really don't see why usage-based Tiers don't represent the usefulness of a Pokemon. Lando-I and Nidoking can fulfill the same role: give it a LO and abuse that Sheer Force to break some walls. But one of them is Ubers, the other one UU. Which one would be the better choice outside of any Tiers? Lando for sure. Inside their respective Tiers? Well, just take a look at the viability rankings.
>>
But i thought Dragon was supposed to be overpowered
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.