[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pokemon super mystery dungeon has the best pokemon game plot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: end.jpg (127 KB, 400x960) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
127 KB, 400x960
pokemon super mystery dungeon has the best pokemon game plot ever made, prove me wrong

protip: yOU FUcKiNg CAn'T
>>
File: 1447959772884.png (622 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
1447959772884.png
622 KB, 700x800
Fuck off back to Pop Star
>>
File: meganium.gif (305 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
meganium.gif
305 KB, 500x316
>>24768372
I wouldn't mind an anime adaptation for this or something. The story was really good
>>
Fuck

I need to buy this game it seems
>>
>>24768372

It would have been better if it wasn't rushed at the end. The ending was great conceptually, but there wasn't as much impact as what was clearly intended.

Explorers of Sky was paced a lot better and had a fantastic plot. What it lacked in memorable characters it made up for in storytelling.
>>
>>24768372
wait, is the text actually that shitty in the game?
>>
Explorers story was better. I liked Super's partner more, though.

>>24770321
Actual spoiler: It's supposed to be the voice of everyone in the world combined into one, since the big bad is basically the bad thoughts within every Pokemon put together.
>>
Explorers and Gates had far better plots

I'd even argue Rescue Team and some mainline games are better despite being so barebones
>>
File: Fat Johnny Depp laughing.gif (30 KB, 200x190) Image search: [Google]
Fat Johnny Depp laughing.gif
30 KB, 200x190
>>24768372
>recycling plot points from few other games/series without an ounce of originality
>the best
>>
>>24770391
This. Sky benefited from a much better pacing as well. The Sinnoh legends really opened up some great opportunities (that sadly could've been better utilized in the main games). You really can't have stakes higher than the actual concept of time being destroyed.
And Super's partner, while I don't know if the best, definitely had some thought put into it. I especially liked that they weren't a goody two shoes. And them leaving instead of you was an A+ idea that had me in tears. Though the epilogue could've handled their post-game story better (again, that quick pacing), I do appreciate how they're not just some random schmuck that got paired with you out of chance. My only complaint is to have them voice their dream more throughout the game, since the world is pretty expansive but they only mention making a map two or three times.
>>
>>24772130
This, Super's plot was a horribly paced mess that put WAY to much focus on the partner. There was a lot I liked, such as everything between Entei and Prehistoric cave, but the lead up to the finale, the finale and the ending was a complete mess of unnecessary plot points and twists namely the whole resurrection stuff, and it took even longer than Gates to really get going, and even Gates covered that with a smaller but more focused cast of characters.
>>
File: 1383504508891.jpg (77 KB, 906x768) Image search: [Google]
1383504508891.jpg
77 KB, 906x768
>>24768372
>the main conflict of Super doesn't come to the forefront until the first act closes
>the first act of Super is spent fleshing out characters who, barring one, will never be relevant
>Dark Matter is introduced extremely late, has no presence prior to his introduction and has no legitimacy in a world as saccharine as this one
>context for the events after the Prehistoric Ruins is delivered via a massive exposition dump
>I'm Mew [floats into space]

I'm probably forgetting some shit
>>
File: 1431117012742.png (128 KB, 611x672) Image search: [Google]
1431117012742.png
128 KB, 611x672
>>24768372
Every Mystery Dungeon game sucks and you can't prove me wrong.
>>
>>24768372
PMD Sky & the 2nd Pokemon Rangers games have the best plot lines.
>>
File: d295.jpg (12 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
d295.jpg
12 KB, 250x236
>>24768372
>haven't been here for a while
>come back and see this games plot being memed on
What's up with this game?
>>
>>24772585
Sort of a letdown as far as Mystery Dungeon standards go, especially (as you can see) plot-wise.
>>
>>24768372
It doesn't even have the best PMD story

That would be Gates
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.