[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with hax? No, seriously, how you fucking deal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1387884950525.png (150 KB, 488x462) Image search: [Google]
1387884950525.png
150 KB, 488x462
How do you deal with hax?
No, seriously, how you fucking deal with when you literally lose because the opponent had the bless of the RNG gods?

I'm fucking mad.
>>
Acquire skill
>>
Be an RNG god yourself. No, seriously. Haxing your opponent to death is the most consistent way to turn a losing battle around.
>>
>>24767530
How do you deal with it? You don't play. That's the only way to escape it.
If you don't realize this, you go back to it, then you get BTFO again, then say you're tired of it; entering a cycle of autism.
>>
File: lancer died.png (922 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
lancer died.png
922 KB, 1440x810
>>24767557
>implying i ever had luck

I literally fell from 1500 to 1100, because i lost literally by hax imagineable.
>diamond storm miss twice in row
>leaf storm miss 4 times in row
>Draco meteor miss 4 times
>critical bulls-hits all over the place
>flinches and para
>BRN never
>Will-o-Miss

I'm REALLY fucking mad.
>>
You just accept it.

Pokemon is the absolute worst game to play even semi-competitively. You might as well roll dice to determine the winner.
>>
>>24767530
Play Hearthstone.
>>
>>24767572
1. If your attacks missing is a problem, go for a team centered around a setup sweeper with accurate moves. Less power for more accuracy is offset by using Nasty Plot / Swords Dance. Good options are Mega Pinsir and Thundurus (Therian or Genie are both good for this).

Next you need proper support. Pinsir struggles against Rotom and Skamrory, so throw a Magnezone and a Celebi on your team to counter them. If you went with Thundurus, you could use Taunt Gengar to put a stop to Pink Blobs that would wall Thundurus. All of these pokemon have very accurate moves that are unlikely to miss. Lastly, Whimsicott can help you setup by Encoring an enemy into an undesirable move, or by using Memento to force a switch.

If the problem is opponents getting lucky with crits and shit, I'd suggest simply using a Hyper Offense team. If you go fast and kill them quick, they won't have many chances to make you flinch or burn you or whatever. Mega Lopunny is probably your best bet for what to center a team like this around.
>>
>>24767530
"You don't win by being lucky, you win by being bold"
>>
>>24767530
Losing every once in a while due to hax is not a big deal, if you find yourself losing often to it then your team may have one or several problems.
>>
>>24767679
I don't like the genies that much, i could use Landorus by him being a glue (like Rotom), but whatever, i'm already in losing streak.
Tried very little of Mega Pinsir, probably like Talonflame but slower.

here a replay of my team i guess.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-300676147
>>
>>24767572
If you're going hax, go FULL hax

Metronome
Sniper Kingdra
Mind Reader Sheer Cold
etc.
>>
>>24767776

>probably like Talonflame but slower

It has a base 155 attack stat and access to to earthquake and close combat. So many threats can wall talonflame indefinitely because it doesn't have the raw power to break through them.

It only really gets fucked by 5 relevant threats and can or will destroy the rest

>talonflame
>rotom-w
>skarm
>lando-t

If you run hyper cutter you can beat landurous T 1 on 1 because return at +2 OHKOs
>>
>>24767862

I forgot thunderus, whoops.
>>
>>24767862
you forgot about mega-diancie, excadrill, mega-manectric, scarfzone, raikou, thundurus, zapdos, and stealth rock
>>
>>24767862
Ok, So if i want a Mega Pinsir team, how about Serperior for fucking up Rotom/Skarmory? (he can fuck Skarmory shit up with HP fire after leaf storm), something for Talonflame (Genie Thundurus and another one?)

Also, need some defogger. Could go Latios, then get a steel and fairy type for that FSD core
>>
>>24767530
>RNG gods
First off, stop talking like that
Secondly, GIT GUD, FAGGOT
>>
>>24767879

Mega manertric, thunderus and lando-t have be healthy to take mega pinsir and can't really switch in more than once. Excadrill, raikou and magnezone can't safely switch in either because they're afraid of coverage options. Though raikou takes decent damage from anything with its poor defense.

If we're talking reliable counters actually he only has 3 the rest are shaky checks that can only switch in once or twice.

3 reliable counters are taloneflame, rotom-w and skarm the rest only check and get worn down too quickly. Maybe props to magenzone though, it has no problems taking a return or quick attack but can or will lose to any of pinsirs coverage options. Diancie gets special mention but takes a ton from EQ and has to have already mega evolved to not get gibbed.

It's pretty under rated.
>>
File: 1447642245356.jpg (1 MB, 2600x2100) Image search: [Google]
1447642245356.jpg
1 MB, 2600x2100
>>
>>24767960
because talonflame can switch in on pinsir right

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 327-385 (110.1 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 327-385 (90.8 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
>>
>>24767972
Yeah, Talonflame is a check, not counter.
>>
>>24767892

Pinsir is a late game cleaner and an amazing one at that, as I stated here>>24767960

Once most of the pokemon that beat it are worn down it has no problems tearing ass. Most of them are easy to wear down with the exception of a select few. It shouldn't be brought out in the early game as there are a decent number of mons that are problematic for it when they are at full health, but don't let it stop you from running it.

Serperior is a solid answer to most of the pokemon on that list. It's HP at +2 though will leave skarm with a chance at survival, but rocks should remedy this. Serperior also kills daincie by outpacing and OHKOing it and if it switches snags a free power boost. But then your team is even weaker to talonflame. You might need a rock type to kill the bird.

What you'd need is

>hazard removal
>status absorber
>someone that kills wash
>something that kills scarm
>something that skills talonflame
>hazard setter

It's far from perfect, but is in fact good.
>>
>>2476797

I slipped up, my b.
>>
>>24768057

Woah what the hell, meant to quote this>>24767972
>>
>>24767792
>Metronome
Completely unreliable. About 80% chance of rolling something useless in given circumstances.
>Sniper Kingdra
is a shitmon.
>Mind Reader Sheer Cold
Mind Reader removes the hax part.
>>
File: 250px-675Pangoro.png (53 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-675Pangoro.png
53 KB, 250x250
Is there any viable way to use this?
And I mean something more than a consolation prize like "oh it wrecks in PU" or something like that.

I really wish its attack was evened out to at least 130 and it got a priority move.
>>
>>24767530
How do you deal with being ugly and having a tiny penis in real life?
>>
>>24768132
Literally read Smogon.
>>24768138
By not caring about women. If you suck at a game, don't play it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.