[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a select amount of ubers were allowed in the OU Mega slot,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1438448922647.jpg (65 KB, 737x758) Image search: [Google]
1438448922647.jpg
65 KB, 737x758
If a select amount of ubers were allowed in the OU Mega slot, what would they be?

Reshiram? Genesect? Deoxys? Deoxys-D? Ho-Oh? Landorus?

Obviously none of the currently banned Megas would be allowed; they were banned for a reason.
>>
itemless landorus-i is pretty weak
>>
>>24766984
>Ho-Oh
I'm sorry?
>>
>>24767005
Abysmal defensive typing. Even with Regenerator, the x4 weakness to stealth rock is too strong.

Mega Charizard Y is arguable stronger at this point.
>>
>>24767316
you really don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>24767337
>not smart enough to form an argument
>i'll just accuse him of not knowing what he's talking about!!!
Stay stupid.
>>
>>24767316
>Abysmal defensive typing.
Simply untrue. Fire/Flying brings 6 resistances, several of which like Fairy, Fighting, Fire and Steel are key in the current Meta. It is also immune to getting burned and hit by Ground-type attacks.

>Even with Regenerator, the x4 weakness to stealth rock is too strong.
With Regenerator counted, Ho-oh actually takes less Stealth Rock damage than a regular pokemon with a 2x weakness.

>>24767316
>Mega Charizard Y is arguable stronger at this point.
Charizard-Y cannot hold a Choice Band or Life Orb. It is only stronger when using special Fire attacks in the sun.
>>
>>24767316

Ho-Oh is one of the best Pokemon in Ubers. It has the special bulk of Lugia and even physical attackers hate switching into it because of Sacred Fire.
>>
>>24767316

It's S tier in ubers
>>
>>24767353
i dont need to form an argument. you're absolutely wrong about ho-oh. if it was allowed in OU it would be broken. if you think otherwise then you aren't familiar with the metagame at all.
>>
File: 867569587.png (7 KB, 216x200) Image search: [Google]
867569587.png
7 KB, 216x200
>>24766984
Reshiram would be allowed. There are definitely megas that outclass it.

Landorus too.
>>
>>24768093
Reshiram is absurdly broken, probably even more than Zekrom. It's only bad in Ubers because half of the tier resists Fire.
>>
>>24768253
How is it any more broken than the Mega Charizards? 90 speed is shit tier in OU as far as attacking mons go.
>>
>>24766984
Zekrom would be ok.
>>
>>24768347
Zekrom need to drop in general. Sure, it's okay in ubers, but it's not that much better than Kuyrem-Black. Also, Mega Altaria and Ferrothorn, among other things walls it hard. 80 speed isn't dong it any favors either, and both STAB's have immunities that are on nearly every team, so Choicing it isn't all that appealing. It probably wouldn't even be S Rank.
>>
>>24769304
Zekrom has 90 Speed.
And if it "drops" it just use Volt Switch and things that wall it and drop a Draco Meteor agains physical walls not named Ferrothorn.

Bolt Strike demolishes almost everything and thanks to Teravolt you can't just send something to sponge it, or its Ferrothorn, or something inmune to it. With 100/120/100 Bulk it can tank EQ if necessary and such.

Zekrom is a monster, Kyurem-B falls short because is stuck with non-Stab Fusion Bolt wereas Zekrom has that obsenity that is Bolt Strike.
>>
>>24768331
It only needs TWO moves to make a new asshole to everything. You can say Mega Altaria can walls it but it needs to be a Mega before switching on it.

Thanks to that, Reshiram can just run Blue Flare, Dragon Pulse (With 150 Special Attack and Life Orb, you don't need Meteor, just consistent STABs) algonside ROOST and Flame Charge.

Also, Reshiram will be paired with Charizard Y, Sun Boosted Blue Flare will demolish basically everything, your best bet would be Tyranitar but if its Burned, it can't do something in return. You say 90 Speed is garbage but with 100/100/120 Bulk is nightmarish.

It also can run Will-o-Wisp and completely shutdown its would-be checks. Reshiram is outclassed by Kyurem-W as a Dragon Type Special Nuke but teams based on PGroudon prefers Reshiram for STAB Blue Flare, it just hits insanely hard.
>>
Maybe Deoxys-S. Otherwise ubers are ubers for a reason.
>>
I kind of want a new tier that starts with nothing unbanned and then bans something every week or so until the meta stabilizes. It would be interesting to see which things would be considered uber if it started from scratch again
>>
>>24769780
>stabilize a meta
>baning something every week

Those two statements can't work together.
>>
>>24769790
yeah youre right. i was just thinking it'd be pointless to wait months to ban the obvious stuff like mega fug.

maybe just start the tier with A rank in uber and lower
>>
>>24767316
>abysmal defensive typing
Same typing as Talonflame, but with much better bulk and Regenerator.

For reference:
252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 180-212 (43.3 - 51%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
208+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raikou: 286-339 (89 - 105.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

>muh stealth rock
>hazard control doesn't exist
>implying a rocks weakness is enough to make it balanced

>mega zard y is arguably stronger
No. Ho-Oh has absolutely no solid counters, on top of Regenerator and fantastic bulk. Charizard-Y has plenty and falls to offensive pressure.

I hope this is bait, anon.

>>24768093
Max HP/SpA with dual STABs and Roost is enough to destroy most of the tier, and you still have a moveslot for Will-o-Wisp or Stone Edge.
>>
File: 1423105087734.jpg (70 KB, 594x480) Image search: [Google]
1423105087734.jpg
70 KB, 594x480
none of them, asshole. they're all stronger than the megas that are still in OU.

the mentality of low elo shitters continues to astound me.
>>
To be honest I don't even know why they allow any legendaries in OU. There are shitters out there running teams of just legendaries. They might not be better than Ubers but I'm sick of these people running Keldeo/Celebi/Jirachi/2 Genies/Mega Something and this is OK.
>>
>>24769892
Are you implying Deoxys D is better than Charizard?
>>
>>24769922

yes, it's a bigger problem. try thinking beyond "what pokemon can sweep me if i let them set up"
>>
>>24769922

Why are you comparing an ultrabulky tank with no weakness to smogon stones to a setup sweeper with a 4x weakness to smogon stones?
>>
>>24769907
>not allowing shit legendaries like Birds and Regis
Faggot.

Also nobody uses Celebi in OU anymore.
>>
>>24770083

Are you kidding? Celebi isn't everywhere but it has a fair presence in OU even now.
>>
>>24769892
>he thinks landorus is stronger than all megas
What an idiot.
>>
Landorus, Genesect and Zekrom definitely wouldn't be uber anymore.
>>
>>24766984
Doesn't matter.
>>
>>24772936
Fuck off tripfag idiot.
>>
>>24772939
k
cause you have the power, eh?
>>
>>24772947
No, but that won't stop me from telling you cancerous, attention seeking idiots to fuck off.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.