[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine if we knew this when the anime first started?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
Would have saved some shippers from a lot of whining and complaining.
>>
Probably not
>>
Nostalgia is what keeps those shippers going.
>>
I admit to being a Pokeshipper when the anime first started, but I lost interest in it during Johto and then after May was introduced I dropped it entirely.

I don't get how some of us were able to move on and others can't.
>>
File: Misty_Blush.png (167 KB, 458x344) Image search: [Google]
Misty_Blush.png
167 KB, 458x344
>>24762803

I can't really argue with that. The character dynamic is still fun though.

There are some quality fanfics out there, though like with anything you've got shift through a lot of shit.
>>
>regional gym leader
>expect her to follow through every region

???
>>
>>24763899
>Brock
???
>>
>>24763907
>brock
>bruck
>cruck
>c︂︂u︂︂c︂︂k

it all makes sense now
>>
>>24762329
After Sabrina, I just stopped caring and liking the anime, despite being really into the games. However, Misty was a girl I wanted to fuck, even when I didn't know what that meant. Though, the Sailor Scouts were first (Mars and Jupiter are best)
>>
>>24762329
That's what you care about?
Imagine if we knew watching this show wasnt going to take us anywhere, that would have saved a lot of time for us.
>>
>>24762824
I lost interest after Johto ended; Pokemon was a shitty kids show by the time Advanced Generation came around.
I remember as a teen seeing the first Episode of Pokemon DP come on and I watched it for a few laughs. I also watched it to gawk at Dawn's skirt; how did they ever get away with having the female lead wear the shortest skirt possible, in a kids show? Still baffles me.

Nowadays I would only ever watch episodes that exclusively feature pokemon battling. Still embarrassed seeing Team Rocket ever show up, its beyond ridiculous that they are still in the series and still only care about catching Pikachu.
>>
File: Misty.png (151 KB, 301x371) Image search: [Google]
Misty.png
151 KB, 301x371
Misty thread?
>>
Why did they get rid of misty anyway?
>>
>>24764078
Because she was kind of just there by the time they got to Johto.
>>
>>24763997
But they don't. They've been more interested in other business ventures in many episodes.
>>
>>24764078
>He stated that they like to switch up the girls because it gives the boys some new eye candy every once in a while.

http://www.pokebeach.com/2008/07/second-pokemon-interview-with-masamitsu-hidaka-many-interesting-points
>>
>>24764078
Well why wouldn't they? You thought Misty was going to stay in the anime for 18 years and 900+ episodes?
>>
IDK why they keep bringing Brock back. Why. Why? Kids don't even know about red and blue.
>>
Good

Misty was shit anyways
>>
>>24764414
But they got rid of Brock for good 5 years ago.

He probably came back for Hoenn simply because back then they didn't want to get rid of both Misty and Brock at the same time. AG was the first major cast change and they likely kept Brock around for one familiar Kanto character. Why he stayed for DP after that is beyond me, by then everyone was sick of him.
>>
>>24764423
He was still better than Cilan... that was just awful.

Brock brought experience to the table and a cool head. He could serve as the group's voice of reason without having to resort to some lame food-based simile.

I'll admit the girl-swooning gimmick got old after AG though.
>>
>>24765585
For DP they could have replaced him with Barry or someone. Brock had no reason to be in DP at all and it showed. The writers didn't even try to hide the fact that they had no interest in his character anymore because the did barely anything with him at that point.
>>
>>24763919
Shit family I can't believe.
>>
>>24765585
>Cilan
He's basically a male mary sue. It boggles my mind how Serena is "the best girl ever" and Cilan gets shit for being so perfect.
>>
File: Misty_Sunbathing.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Misty_Sunbathing.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
>>24765809
>"the best girl ever"
>>
>>24765809
People actually like Cilan. What bugs some people is the food metaphors that were rampant in the dub.
>>
>>24769155
Their own fault for watching the dub.
>>
>>24764404
I don't think anyone expected the show to go on for this long... figured it might get 'round to an actual ending.
>>
>>24770870
At the time Misty left the show had 275 episodes. If it weren't for how long the show went on afterward she would have been viewed as an insanely long lasting character.

Its only now that the anime has 900+ episodes that Misty has been gone for 70% of the animes run. Its kind of ironic too because Brock outlasted Misty by about 400 episodes.
>>
>>24764423

They gave us Max too, we lost one character and gained two
>>
>>24764373
>we expect our audience to be 4 year olds who somehow want to fuck girls
>>
>>24764423
> AG was the first major cast change and they likely kept Brock around for one familiar Kanto character.
>But they write the show to be a different thing each gen!
>>
>>24762329
>tfw my ship only lasted one movie
altoshipping ;_;7
IT COULD'VE BEEN GREAT YOU GUYS
>>
>>24771035
When Hoenn started it was 5 years into the anime. If you were 9-10 when Kanto aired, you would be 14-15 when Hoenn began.

The writers knew a lot of the original fans were becoming teens during the Hoenn era. Its no surprise May had such huge boobs in the anime. It held my interest.
>>
>>24771133
If they ever wanted to make the show for anyone older than 4, it would be completely different.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.