[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Defend this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: hue.png (269 KB, 1280x579) Image search: [Google]
hue.png
269 KB, 1280x579
Defend this
>>
the dratini line was junk, just slimy snake like fish things, noone really cared for them, Dragonite actually changed course and went for a cute little dragon look, which was far better then another snake fish thing

The oshawott line was good, people liked it, then Samurott came in and junked the line up by going for some dog-thing shit
>>
____I can't____
>>
i hate both desu senpai
>>
>>24762013
>The oshawott line was good, people liked it
lol
nobody liked it
oshawott still looks like complete shit
that line is horrible
>>
>>24761989
Dragonite is 1/2 of the fagon team, anon
>>
But I don't hate Samurott.
>>
File: _hWWmD.jpg (77 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
_hWWmD.jpg
77 KB, 800x450
I hate dragonite because iris dragonite is ugly as fuck
>>
>>24761989
Samurott a bro, Dewott a pro, Oshawott a qt
>>
>>24762023
0/10 taste, I bet you like chimchar.
>>
>>24762068
>defending shitty piplup clone
>defending white ball on a retarded body
>defending that piece of shit
fuck off namefag
>>
>>24762094
lol oops, just came from a wifi thread.
Anyway your opinion is just awful. Oshawott is a whiteish blue otter and piplup is a fucking penguin, they're nothing alike. Gonna have to give you 0/10 senpai
>>
Dratini family probably comes from the Korean legend of the Imugi, which are sea and cave dwelling serpents. After it lives a thousand years, a jewel falls from the sky, and if it can catch it, it becomes a true dragon.

Samurott I have no idea why it was changed so drastically.
>>
>>24762188
One of them came up with Samurott's design at random while he was at an aquarium.
>>
>>24761989
I've always liked Samurott.
I fucking hate Dragonite and its retarded reactionary fanboys that can't take any criticism.
>>
But people hate Dragonite too.
>>
>>24762188
There's absolutely no reason Dragonite couldn't have stayed blue with the same eyes and ears as previously.
>>
File: 1447298325377[1].webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1447298325377[1].webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>24761989

>Blue eastern dragon
>Blue eastern dragon
>Orange western dragon

>Otter with a seashell for a sword
>Otter with two seashells as swords
>Otter with real swords
>>
>blue serpent, blue serpent, orange full dragon
Dragonite's line is guilty of being inconsistent but at least all three of the individual pokemon are good.

Samurott isn't hated purely for its inconsistency, it's hated because it's a legitimately bad design that doesn't even work in a vacuum, and it's just salt in the wound seeing it ruin Dewott.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 105x95) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 105x95
>>24762265
There's absolutely no reason for Dragonair to throw out any progression the family originally had.
>>
File: Bipedal Samurott.jpg (191 KB, 864x864) Image search: [Google]
Bipedal Samurott.jpg
191 KB, 864x864
Samurott's design would at least be passable if he was bipedal.
>>
>>24762498
Oshawott and Dewott's designs don't work in a vacuum either.
>>
>>24762541

It is, partially. It stands on its hind legs when it's using both of its swords. It's like Typhlosion and Zangoose; they're quadrupeds that can stand on their hind legs to fight.
>>
>>24762579
That doesn't make them bipeds, and is still incompatible with swordsmanship.
>>
>>24762541
>>24762498
>>24762247
>>24762188

Samurott is a fine progression you mongs

>baby otter -> training otter -> adult otter
>more and more blue skin with shell armor, the biggest change is adding the shellmet
>samurott has been shown to function bipedally
>oshawott looks like shit to begin with
>>
>>24762584
>complaining about this when the legendary horses are all swordsmen
>>
>>24762550
Just fuck off.
>>
>>24762753
>samurott holds swords in his hands
>the legendary "swordsman" aren't literal swordsman and have been shown to clash bladed horns like how bulls charge or elk lock antlers

They're not comparable.
>>
>>24762533
>progression

What kind of pathetic delusional Dragonitefaggotry is this. Dragonair was literally just a bigger Dratini and it didn't choose to have any of that removed. It didn't throw out anything unlike your shit.
>>
>>24762550
>Hairy sperm cell
>Not a better design than Samurott
>>
>>24761989
But Samurott actually looks like a proper evolution.
>>
>>24761989
Everyone hates both
>>
Oshawott looked retarded, but Dewott looked good. It's cute but cool and you can see the samurai motif they're going for.

Samurott is garbage with its quadruped design. They could have at least had it standing. You can't even tell it has swords, and if it were standing you would notice how fucking retarded huge its head is.

It just doesn't work.
>>
>>24761989
They're all shit, Dragonite in particular

Samurott's alright
>>
>>24763041
> Dragonair was literally just a bigger Dratini
Compared to its original design? Absolutely false.
Dragonite wouldn't look like it removed anything if Dragonair didn't remove its antennae and fins first.
The progression of Dratini's fins becoming Dragonite's wings would make sense given that Dragonair kept its fins. Instead we have angel wings and orbs tacked on to Dragonair and Dragonite looks out of place because of it.
>>
>>24763351
Dewott doesn't just work just because you say its cute and cool.
>>
Dragonite is bad, but nowhere near as bad as Samuorott.

Dragonite is almost good. Almost. All it needed was Dragonair's angel wings instead of bat wings and the little pearl/jewel on its tail. It could have kept the same color scheme as its prevos, but I don't mind the yellow.

Literally all they had to do for Samurott was literally make a bigger, tougher version of Dewott with cool samurai armor. Instead they made a giant ugly fish dog. Its sprite doesn't even have swords. No, it doesn't look good standing up. It doesn't even look like an otter ffs.
>>
I love Samurott and am indifferent to the Dratini line.
>>
>>24763386
this desu senpai baka
>>
>>24763901
>what is a giant otter
>>
File: yourewelcome2.png (92 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
yourewelcome2.png
92 KB, 431x431
>>
>>24763809
Still someone else's decision to alter Dragonair for future appearances. The Pokemon itself isn't to blame.
>>
>>24763809
Tacking on the orbs was a mistake. It makes everyone think the line is an imugi despite this making little sense given Dragonite is more of a western dragon.
The line is based on something much simpler than that; all it is just a salamander growing into an adult, with antennas and fin wings added on to make them more like dragons. Poliwag to Politoed is very similar, not only because they are amphibians, but also how dramatically features appear and disappear. Yet, no one nearly complains as much about this.
>>
Both Dragonite and Samurott are bad?
>>
>>24763983
This is literally all I want.
>>
>>24763989
Then who should we blame? Dragonite?
>>
>>24763974
>knowing what something is based on justifies bad design
>>
>>24764008
Define bad.
>>
>>24762023
-Random Anon
>>
>>24764018
completely breaks away the theme and look of its prevos. and is butt ugly. read the thread idiot
>>
>>24761989
>The most opinionated photo in the world

It's like you weren't even trying.
>>
>>24762188
U korean brah?
>>
>>24763996
According to some autists who have accomplished nothing in life, yes they are
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.