[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Gamefreak hate the Ice-type so much? Only one resistance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 198d1-download1.png (90 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
198d1-download1.png
90 KB, 500x318
Why does Gamefreak hate the Ice-type so much? Only one resistance (itself), no immunities, and weak to Fire, Fighting, Steel, and Rock. All Pokemon with the Ice-type have either shit stats, a sub-type that does nothing to help and often only makes things worse, awful ability, or a combination of them. And Gamefreak insists on making tanky/defensive Ice-type Pokemon that just never fucking work.

And yet Ice-type moves are useful as fuck because Ice is strong against Grass, Dragon, Ground, and Flying (and Water with Freeze Dry). So offensively Ice is amazing, as anything else it sucks balls.

And it doubly sucks because some of my favorite Pokemon are Ice-types.
>>
I think GF just doesn't really understand that Ice is an offensive typing. They're not concerned with competitive and don't really think it through. I don't think it's malice, just ignorance.
>>
>>24759225
Beautiful words. Game freak don't hate Ice Type Pokémon.
They are probably saving good ideas for ice type Pokémon in Future generations games.
>>
>>24759225

Have you ever tried to break ice? It's kinda easy if you try. You can also melt it.

A lot of icy things are big abd bulky though. But it's not too tough to wear it down.

Ice is shit defensively in nature, and that's why it's shit in game
>>
>>24759225
Ice need Grass and Flying resistence or maybe water.
And being weak to rock is kinda dumb at least for me.
>>
>>24759225
ice is pretty fucked forever. I hope we get a mega like metagross thats not a fucking joke like abomasnow or glalie
>>
>>24759389

Holy shit they have megas???
>>
>>24759286
Pretty much this. They keep making bulky / slow Ice mons without realizing how detrimental Ice is as a defensive type.

Not to mention giving Icicle Crash to fucking Pikachu before other Ice mons that could benefit from it.
>>
File: 473Mamoswine_DP_anime.png (105 KB, 906x698) Image search: [Google]
473Mamoswine_DP_anime.png
105 KB, 906x698
MAMOSWINE WAS SO CLOSE

He was the typing we needed. He had ice crash EQ stone edge ice shard, all they had to was not make him a fucking wanna be bulky mon and make him a glass cannon
>>
>>24759421
All it needs is the Hail equivalent of Swift Swim Snow Shoes? and it'd be literally 100% perfect. Maybe Swords Dance, too.
>>
File: 250px-461Weavile.png (57 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-461Weavile.png
57 KB, 250x250
this bad guy does not approve
>>
>>24759286
Ha, mal-ICE
>>
>>24759623
>awful ability
Based on Smogon's Almost Any Ability metagame, Tough Claws Weavile would probably get banned to Ubers.
>>
>>24759225
It was ok in gens 1 and 2 when neutral hits did something like 30%. So tanks like Cloyster and Lapras were excellent. Ice types were "offensive tank" of sorts. Once they were in, they put the pressure on you (less in gen 2 since lol fire and steel resisting ice)

But today shit gets OHKOed by neutral hits, if you aren't Cresselia you have no business being slow with a shitty defensive typing.

Reboot the series imo, too far gone and beyond repair.
>>
Just give Ice resists to Ground, Grass, Flying and an immunity to Water. Boom, perfect.
>>
>>24759788
>Scald should have no effect on ice type
>>
>>24759800
You can have it be the only one that does as part of being a gimmick move like Freezedry or Flying Press.
>>
>>24759788

>lets make Ice stupidly overpowered because Gamefreak refuses to make offensive Icemons

no.
>>
Ice would be fine if they made it resist water and lightning
>>
le bulky ice/water with high hp and middling defenses
>>
>resists water
>not weak to rocks
>defense buff in hail
>sand rush/chlorophyll/swift swim ability
>>
>>24759788

I'd just give it a flying resist. Not that it'd help much, but flying is really damn strong offensively.
>>
>>24759385
>Ice need Grass and Flying resistence or maybe water.
Maybe flying or water, but grass has it hard enough as it is. Even if it makes the most sense, please no.

Ice and Grass are my favorite types and every day of my life is suffering.
>>
File: 1445588389929.jpg (205 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1445588389929.jpg
205 KB, 1280x960
>>24759225
>Everyone sugests Ice should be resistant to Flying
>mfw my favorite mega is Pidgeot
Literally a one trick pony getting more fucked than already is
>>
>>24760035

>Heat Wave
>>
>>24760035
Almost every single Flying-type has at least one other option for hitting Ice-types with either an SE attack or a neutral STAB.

The only one (1) that doesn't is Articuno, who only has Ancientpower.
>>
>>24759664
Pickpocket is pretty funny with Focus Sash
>>
>>24760020
THIS
and remove the rock weakness please
>>
>>24760035
literally every flying type has heat wave anyway

>>24760076
>neutral STAB
articuno has hurricane
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.