[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final say on this? I'm one click away from buying but thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
Final say on this? I'm one click away from buying but thought i'd ask good ol' /vp/
Making this thread to avoid spoilers.
>>
Buy it, it's one of the better spin-offs out there.

General consensus is that it's either the best or the second-best of its series, so it's worth the two Jacksons.
>>
>>24758974
It fixed all of the issues with Gates and is at least equivalent to Sky. If you played Rescue Team and/or Explorers and liked it, this is for you.
If you haven't played either, emulate one and see if you like it first.
>>
>>24758994
I don't think any could beat the first one on the DS. Very nice, buying now.
>>
>>24759011
I definitely did play them before and had a great time, Gates was not really my thing but glad to know they fixed it.
>>
File: 1448584484494.png (116 KB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
1448584484494.png
116 KB, 300x223
>>24758974
Be careful if you think this will be a cakewalk
Every fucking dungeon will manage to fuck you
Waiting for the plot to start picking up my make or break this for you
All those complaints in Gtl have been addressed
Remember to not get jewed by Cofragrigus
Entei is gonna be one of your favorite Pokemon
Or the entire Legendary Beast group in general
Right when you go to Hell
Not as good as Sky
Use items like they are your last resources
Zoroark is cancer
Learn to utilize Alliances
Eat A LOT of Apples
As soon as you get the Connection Orb be prepared for some crazy shit
Final boss fight is gonna be amazing
>>
Uh okay.

So if you're still reading this >>24758974, this shithead's (>>24759108 >>24759117 >>24759124) is posting spoilers, so get the hell out of here and enjoy your game.
>>
The player and partner are brought back to Primeval Forest, discovering that the Tree of Life has returned as well, but this time in its fully flourished state. Xerneas appears from the Tree as its embodiment, explaining that Dark Matter has now completely gone upon finally finding peace; all the Pokémon that were turned into stone have likewise been fully restored. The player and partner return to Lively Town and Serene Village, rejoicing and celebrating with their friends. However, the player realizes that if they saved the world in the past, they probably had to return to the human world at some point. Finding that they wish to stay in the Pokémon world with their partner, the player resolves to find a way that allows them to stay.
Before the player can tell the partner of their plans, the partner admits that Xerneas came to the partner and restored the partner's memories
>>
The partner is actually a reincarnation of Mew, who fought Dark Matter with the player in the distant past. However, they actually failed in their attempt, and so devised a plan to prepare future generations in the event Dark Matter ever returned, including the Luminous Water seal atop Revelation Mountain. Mew had wiped both their memories to prevent them from making the same mistakes that led to their failure in the past, and now that Mew has fulfilled its role, the partner has to leave the player forever. Rising into the sky in a ball of light, the partner thanks the player for all the times they had together and disappears, saddening the player.
Some time later, the player has continued working for the Expedition Society but remains despondent over the partner's fate. Ampharos advises the player consult Xatu on how to restore the partner. The player finds Xatu at the end of a dungeon, who describes a vision involving Mew but claims to be unable to decipher the rest of the vision. With this lead, the player finds Mew in the Mystery Jungle dungeon, who has no recollection of its past life or any idea who the player's partner is, but decides to join the Expedition Society and work with the player. The player and Expedition Society warm up to Mew, who begins exhibiting behaviors similar to the partner's.
>>
>>24759161
Pretty fucking easy to just ignore this, what a waste of time copying and pasting this shit
>>
Not op but my only question for this game is should do physical or digital?
>>
>>24759119
>not as good as sky
Rose tinted nostalgia goggles
>>
This game makes you feel under leveled af and it MAKES you use items in your bag
>>
>>24759307

Physical is always better.
>>
>>24761470
dont acknowledge sky fags dude, they are the dark souls fanboys of PMD
>>
It's worth it. My first mystery dungeon game and I love it
>>
>>24761470
The gameplay is better than Sky's, but the plot is worse. It takes forever for the plot to get a good pace is the main problem. Depending on your views, the PC/Mew thing can also make said character be seen as a mary sue.
>>
biggest complaint is I can't rename recruited Pokemon
>>
>>24761668
As far as the story goes, the characters are better in Super (A bit behind episodes 1,2 and 5 though) but the plot is a bit of a mess and very poorly paced as opposed to a solid plot in Sky that has less of a pacing issue.

It'll ultimately come down to how much you like Super's partner, because he takes 'your' story spotlight and never lets go.
>>
File: 1449189680043.png (3 MB, 2630x1471) Image search: [Google]
1449189680043.png
3 MB, 2630x1471
>>24759119
>>
File: Untitled.png (677 KB, 1840x1208) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
677 KB, 1840x1208
>>24764111
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.