[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: houndoom-mega.jpg (24 KB, 211x320) Image search: [Google]
houndoom-mega.jpg
24 KB, 211x320
what went wrong?
>>
Solar Power in the age of nerfed weather.
>Nerf weather
>Hell hound gets an ability relating to the fucking sun
>1/8 HP loss is still kept even after weather nerf

Houndoom will never get any special treatment now that it has a mega.
>>
Ability is pretty damn useless and Intimidate or Sheer Force would've been better.
>>
Was given Solar Power when it should have got Intimidate

Manetric was given Intimidate when it should have got Solar Power.
>>
>>24757563
>night pokemon
>powered by the sun
Understand, OP
>>
>>24757563
the fakemons are copypaste
>>
>>24757563
>Huge Defense boost whereas physical attack was untouched
>Solar Power

Really, fix either of those and it'll be usable. Even fully special sets can appreciate a strong Sucker Punch, or just go Intimidate / Drought / Competitive.
>>
>>24757613
This.

With Masuda's blessing, Pokemon Mega abilities will get retconned in the future to save Audino, Steelix, Houndoom, and whomever else.

Mega Houndoom with Dark Aura would be neat.
>>
not making it a normal evolution and giving it three heads
>>
>>24757563
>Not having three heads
How come the Japanese can't into good design?
>>
Giving it Solar Power when Ninetales is redundant with it, and the only other viable sun setter takes up the Mega slot.

Aside from that, though, Mega Houndoom is surprisingly durable and powerful, and isn't objectively bad if not overlooked in favor of other shinier megas.
>>
>>24758978
GF thinks you should use a turn to set up weather.
>>
Still a monster in randbats
>>
>>24758972
>3 heads
/vp/ would say its a Hydreigon rip off
>>
>>24757563
Battle-wise? As others have said, Solar Power. Should have given it No Guard so it could spam Inferno.

Design-wise? Absolutely nothing. It's a perfect mega in that regard.
>>
>>24757563
>implying I don't sweep with M-Houndooom
feels good man
>>
New ability: Flashiest Fire Night

Getting hit with fire attacks Boosts Atk and Speed by 2 stages, and it also becomes nighttime while he's on the field, which cuts down fairy type attacks by 33% and increases evasion of dark types by 1 stage

Also give him signature move Dark Flame
Fire/Dark Special
90 power
100% acc. and does not miss at night

Boom, OU
>>
>>24759393
That's legendary-tier uber.
>>
>>24759425
How? He doesn't stop stealth rocks
>>
>>24757563
>tfw solar power turns to be more of a problem rather than a life orb alternative
You lose HP in double when you Protect, extra damage when you're already weak to sneaky pebbles. Also no Morning Sun or Moonlight, same for Ninetales. Fucking Arcanine got a higher BST, bulk and Intimidate and was blessed by Morning Sun and Extreme Speed, sure there's balance here.

I don't mind Mega Houndoom's defensive stats but I wish it had a little more Attack too, Destiny Bond access was also a cool addition for both Houndoom and Sharpedo.

My ideal Mega Houndoom would have been either Intimidate or Competitive to keep the affinity with Mega Manectric for similarity.
>>
>>24758972
Neither can you apparently.
>grow 2 brains in battle
>become mentally retarded when the battle is over
>>
>>24758972
all it needed was just a reference to cerebrus, actually. like two skulls one on each shoulder, like how houndour has one on its head. would've been sweet, but the horns looks neat too tbqh
>>
>>24760228
if arcanine had only extremespeed it would be shit
if it had only morning sun it would be meh but still worse
in any case, arcanine is basically a shittier entei, so it really needed all the special shit
meanwhile they thought houndoom had the extra STAB and ninetails had drought so they didn't give a fuck
>>
Bad ability. Or rather niche ability.
Regardless of Sun, 145 SpA STAB Heat Wave and STAB Dark Pulse. In the sun, it's STAB + solar power boost. Heat wave also automatically gets Sun boost. It hits like a truck. But you have to take out counters like infernape.

Weather isn't as bad as you think. Nerfed, but definitely not bad.
>>
>>24758952
I really hope giving regular evos to old pokémon isn't dead... Who am I kidding? It's obviously dead...
>>
Same thing that always does, GameFreak has no fucking idea how their own game works. Every Mega's ability is just a dart thrown at a board, and Houndoom's dart didn't quite hit a bullseye.

But it didn't miss, either. M-Houndoom isn't inherently bad itself, it's just horrendously overshadowed by the metric fuck-ton of rape-tier Megas introduced in the past two years.

And it doesn't help that it's ability both doesn't fit and was brutally nerfed this gen. Still, he isn't BAD. Just not really worth the fabled "Mega slot".
>>
>>24760370
>>24759287
Which is a shame, because we could have been that way: Garm ==> Orthos ==> Cerberus.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.