[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does vp think about oras? I was really looking forward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: same-features.jpg (54 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
same-features.jpg
54 KB, 780x439
What does vp think about oras?

I was really looking forward to it but when it came around to being released I wasnt doing super well financially and forgot about it.

I'm a big fan of the original r/s and am sure that ill enjoy oras, but I wanted to know if there was anything I should know before jumping into it.

>does it have a competitive community?
>can I transfer pokemon from x/y?
>did they tack on any bullshit characters/features?
>is the fact that ruby and sapphire are my favorite of the old gen going to make me love or hate oras?
>>
>>24754545
RSE are my favourite games and I fucking loved ORAS. I entirely dropped XY, Hoenn is so much better than Kalos it's not even funny.
No Battle Tower is indeed bullshit but everything else is the game has been improved from the originals, so I still find ORAS amazing. They aren't good remakes as HGSS but sure better than FRLG.
>>
File: 1443049830982.png (272 KB, 539x715) Image search: [Google]
1443049830982.png
272 KB, 539x715
>What does vp think about oras?
>>
>>24754545
Saying "what does /vp/ think about ____" is dumb, there are many differing opinions on here. If the general consensus on here really matters to you, which it shouldn't, then I'd say most people hated it, but there are also a lot of people who forgive/ignore it's flaws.
I personally didn't like it, I was expecting the HGSS treatment, but the game didn't retain the features that were introduced in Emerald, like HGSS did.
There are some positives though, there is a mini story revolving around the Sea Mauville that I thought was a great new addition, and the Delta episode wasn't too bad either, albeit, a bit short, the DexNav was a little casual, but it was fun for a one-off mechanic.
I preferred the aesthetic, and music in R/S/E, a lot more than ORAS, (it annoys me that they can just re-use the same 3D models forever now, unlike sprites, which they changed every game), and there are a lot of things in ORAS, that just felt rushed.

I'm not sure, not a competitive player.

Yes.

>Need to explain what you mean better.

>is the fact that ruby and sapphire are my favorite of the old gen going to make me love or hate oras?
It really depends, do you like remakes that add a lot of new features, but feel less like the original, or a 1:1 carbon copy, only with better graphics?
ORAS feels less like R/S/E to me, but you'll probably still have an enjoyable time playing the remakes, as they're still R/S/E at it's core, however, I played ORAS once, had a somewhat enjoyable time, but will most likely never play it again, unlike R/S/E, which I played many times in the past.
If you like Pokemon, then I'd say get it, and form your own opinion, if you're not picky like me, then you'll have fun.
>>
>>24754545
Yes, on cart it's VGC and BSS. Outside of that you have Smogon.
Yes
All the old characters are pretty good in the remake, but Zinnia is awful.
Ruby and Sapphire? You're going to love it. Emerald? Not much.
>>
>>24754577
I like XY more, tho. The landscapes are far more compatible to the new 3D engine. Block cities and block routes just look akward in ORAS.

If you have money you should get both but it's not a must have.
>>
>>24754653
>Zinnia is awful
kill yourself
>>
File: Horace.jpg (27 KB, 200x396) Image search: [Google]
Horace.jpg
27 KB, 200x396
>>24754545
>What does vp think about Horace?
I don't know, I enjoy his work.
>>
>>24754660
I find XY's map too fucking boring. It has the same problem of Unova, it's almost a circle without incentive to explore around. Hoenn's map may not work in 3D but it is better designed in general.
>>
>>24754662
>he likes Zinnia

I don't have words
>>
File: tumblr_n6ztd87eDo1t6jvvlo1_500.jpg (173 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6ztd87eDo1t6jvvlo1_500.jpg
173 KB, 500x707
Thanks for all the replies anons.

From what has been said, it sounds like Ill enjoy it quite a bit.

I'm super okay with a blocky map, because from what ive seen in the demos/trailers, I prefer the aesthetic in oras over XY a whole lot.

I looks like they finally found out how to smoothly blend pixel art with lo res 3d assets, which I appreciate. (its astonishing that in hg/ss and black/white a team as large as theirs couldnt figure out nearest neighbor interpolation)

I only asked about there being a competitive community just out of curiosity if whether or not i'd be playing a game with a dead community.

As someone that plays pokemon for the enjoyment of exploring a well built world and collecting well designed creatures, I imagine this will be a worth while purchase.

I heard about them removing the old ladies from the spring in Lavaridge . Broke my fucking heart.
>>
>>24754780
My biggest gripe was that in Lavaridge you can not go under the sand anymore. When I was younger, I though that staying there for a few minutes allowed my eggs to open faster. Hell, I was damn stupid.
Anyway, enjoy the game. It's really good.
>>
It's alright

Soaring better become a series staple
>>
>>24754653
>old characters good
>zinnia bad

Holy fuck kill yourself.
>>
>>24754913
>he likes zinnia too

shit taste brother
>>
>What does vp think about oras?

If you weren't a fucking newfag, you'd know they hate it since they have been shitposting 24/7 about it for over a year.
>>
>>24754913
Zinnia is a fucking moron.
>>
ORAS is alright. Kind of a letdown or a bit disappointing but it's not terrible.
>>
I think we need like 5000 more of these posts until Z announcement.
>>
>>24754545
Off the top of my head

>just okay overall. Not bad but not great either
>dexnav was great but graphics of the dexnav was shit
>square map is shit esp after XY
>aron not available for your first run was shit and disappointed me
>soaring was amazing
>changing the sunken ship to an oil rig was amazing
>everything else is eh
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.