[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1⁄4×= 1⁄32HP 1⁄2×= 1⁄16HP 1×= 3⁄32HP 2×= 1⁄8HP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Stealth_Rock.png (83 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Stealth_Rock.png
83 KB, 320x240
1⁄4×= 1⁄32HP
1⁄2×= 1⁄16HP
1×= 3⁄32HP
2×= 1⁄8HP
4×= 5⁄32HP

How does this change things
>>
the hess truck's back and it's better than ever
>>
What's this move called again?
>>
Now the average damage is too small to be worth anything.

How about this:
>grounded pokemon take 1/8th damage regardless of type
>floating pokemon take 1/4th damage regardless of type and source of their ground immunity
>>
>>24752593

But now rock resistance is worth nothing. (it should be worth a bit)

Also, what's wrong with having it be reduced? Maybe we could add Hanging Icicles to balance it and make some ice utilitity worthwhile. The entire meta shouldn't revolve around one support move.
>>
>>24752579
>Breakneck breccia
>quick quartz
>hidden halite
>apparating apatite
>>
>>24752593
How about we remove this shit, along with all the other shit hazards?

What's with GF rewarding dumb gameplay? Shit is strong enough that even resisted moves will do a lot, we need no switch punishing in this game.
>>
>>24752698

Nah, switch punishing is a good concept. Removing debuffs and leech seed, toxic reset, confusion, attraction, etc, would all be way too easy. Constantly going in and out to resist attacks for free is too cheap. I just don't think one move should exist that completely obliterates certain types completely.
>>
>>24752709
Switching is inherently punished by GIVING UP USING A MOVE to do so though. If you can't take deliberately take advantage of the opportunity instead of having a condition out that automatically does it for you regardless of your actions you're bad.
>>
>>24752709
>I just don't think one move should exist that completely obliterates certain types completely.
right? it's not like flying types gain more from switching than other types, so there's no reason to punish them more.

i think i remember reading that SR was added so there would be a hazard that hit flying types. is this true? and if it is why didn't they just make spikes hit birds?
>>
>>24752698
what if we got a fifth moveslot for each pokemon and put a bunch of moves like SR and defog in it. so that way every pokemon could technically have a counter, but at the same time only one move is allowed so you couldnt spam SR and then defog your own
>>
>>24752726
Yeah, you give up a move so that you take little to no damage from your opponent's move. Which brings down the entire battle to a complete slog even Stall team users would shake their head at because, this might shock you, your opponent is gonna do it too.

Stealth Rock set out to speed things up by making Pokemon commit. And, to an extent, it worked. But it's only one move and it has a type bias, which makes it overcentralizing.
>>
>>24752593
>gliscor takes 25% from SR
>so does Rotom
>Articuno becomes somewhat more viable

>Weavile is damn near broken
>>
>>24752726
Yeah lets go back to GSC where matches would regularly last 240 turns without even being considered excessively stalled
>>
>>24752763
Except GSC didn't have the phys spec split or high power moves like brave bird or close combat or boosting moves like quiver dance and dragon dance, no damage boosting abilities and no weather. Even walls are KO'd by powerful neutral STABs and plenty of offensive pokemon sometimes struggle to stomach resisted hits.

People say no hazards would make the game a stallfest, but we haven't seen a post-physspec split environment without them. A lack of stealth rock is not the sole reason for GSC's stall metagame.
>>
>>24752593
REMOVE SASH, YOU ARE WORST ITEM

>>24752763
GSC had spikes ;)
>>
File: Garde+Aggron.png (510 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Garde+Aggron.png
510 KB, 400x400
>>24752516
A simple fix for stealth rocks-
Rock types now 'absorb' them when switched into them.
Toxic spikes already work this way and so does leech seed to an extent now, it should have been this way from the start.
So many rock types have sturdy and get fucked by the move.
>>
>>24752738
an extra moveslot would make each individual too versatile but an additional pokemon in the party would be interesting

but i don't know if i understand you right, you want each pokemon to have a dedicated slot for status moves and have the rest be offensive?
>>
Better plan faggot.

Pokemon is grounded = 1/25 (4%)
Pokemon is not grounded = 1/4 (25%)

Fulfils its purpose of punishing mons that are immune to all the other hazards. Isn't full retard with how much damage it can do.
Fuck lati@s.
>>
>>24752798
GSC also had Rapid Spin, Skarmory was immune to it, Blissey didnt care, and all flying types were completely immune to all hazards. Also HP Flying Gyarados and pseudoboltbeam TTar
>>
>>24752820

Rock/Steel/Fighting should automatically "smash" them on their way in
>>
>>24752986
Physical and special stats were also based entirely around types, so typing played a part in what side of the spectrum you could wall. Skarmory had no physical weaknesses in GSC and RSE which is half the reason why skarmbliss worked, now you can flare blitz skarm to death.
>>
>>24752986
GSC battles took longer because of the EV/DV system allowing for max EVs in all stats. This made everything fairly bulky.
Also, rest when picked by sleep talk would heal.
Also, leftovers.
Also, total lack of high power moves.

Spikes was really fucking good, even though it only allowed one layer.
>>
>Delta Stream gets buffed to blow away Rocks.
>>
Its terrible
>>
What if pebbles did damage based off of weight like grass knot?
>>
>>24752986
Also snorlax and resttalk everywhere
>>
>>24752986
Gyarados is utterly unusable shit in GSC OU.
>>
Why not give the stones a chance to miss inflicting damage
>>
>>24752516
what if Rock types could absorb the pebbles the same way Poison types absorb toxic spikes?
in practice it would probably just increase Ttar usage and not many other Rock types though
>>
>>24760564
well not just ttar, you'd see terrakion back in OU for instance, diancie rise in popularity as mega of choice especially since they can't put the rocks back while its out.
The current 'good' rock types would get more usage.
>>
>>24760668
good point, I'm out of the loop, thought Dancie was ubers and forgot terrakion was rock since I haven't seen one in so long
the only pokemon I was considering in writing that were tyranitar, aerodactyl, and maybe rhydon
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.