[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is stall viable in doubles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 29036376_m.jpg (433 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
29036376_m.jpg
433 KB, 424x600
Is stall viable in doubles?
>>
No. Doubles moves too quickly. You can use Prankster or fast mons with status to fuck with your opponent, but you do need strategy and quick thinking to crush them.

What's the pic from?
>>
>>24752183
That fanfic tier fanart though
>>
>>24752193
Mmh, good points. Sorry, I'm new to competitive and I get my ass handed most of the time, so I was thinking to at laest do some kind of annoying team. Winning optional, would be about fun and opponent's rage.

>>24752200
>>24752193
I just clicked on a random pic on my fanart foulder, cna't remember where I got it.
>>
>>24752193
Found this after a quick search
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=29036376
>>
>>24752241
You can also win games. Whimsicott, Jumpluff, Emolga, Gengar, Pachirisu, Tyranitar, Rotom-H, Amoonguss, Meowstic, and Sableye (though the last one is difficult; he has good bulk but a terrible role as a mega, but not enough bulk and a good role as a regular) are a few examples of mons that work really well in VGC, at least from my experience with annoy tactics. However, you will have to have some experience in predicting things, such as Fake Out, Rock Slide, MEvos, who an opponent might start off with, etc.

Tldr It's not stall but it works.
>>
>>24752183
Cresselia and Ferrothorn are the only viable stallers.
>>
Nah, just a double attack in the mon and its done. Also, double chances of your rival having a super effective move against your staller
>>
>>24752183
i use a semi stall in vgc and works for me
but you definitely need a balanced team to make it work, not all stall / tank mon cores are ok for some match ups, so bring some choiced or hard hitters too

i hope you're talking about vgc or battle spot tho, in every other double format stall is impossible to play and have success with

mine uses sap sipper defensive azumarill with scald icy wind rest talk and a sleep talk cresselia with flame orb, rest is av mirror coat milotic, flinch kanga, twave roost speedy zapdos and scarf braviary

retards fall for sap sipper every time with ferro and charizard y as well as ludicolo and the rest so you get a free turn for its partner to land hits while opp is busy trying to remove the physical threat bunny
>>
>>24752316
>Whimsicott
>Emolga
>Jumpluff
>viable in VGC

I'm trying my best to not tell you are wrong. Remebering these cuties already makes me love you, anon.
>>
>>24752183
>>24752578
regardless, i will repeat, full stall won't work
4v4 is fast format most of the time and the fact that you can double target a pokemon alone should be enough of a hint to answer yourself
>>
of course not
>>
File: CUGOgr-WEAAZ3UH.jpg (52 KB, 599x362) Image search: [Google]
CUGOgr-WEAAZ3UH.jpg
52 KB, 599x362
>>24752183
>>
It can't by nature. Your two walls would both need to take hits from both of your opponent's mons at any given time. Double attacking doesn't help you either.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.