[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's going on with Sableye and smogon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (46 KB, 444x666) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
46 KB, 444x666
So what's going on with Sableye and smogon?
>>
>>24751381
Still Sold Out
>>
Justice
>>
>>24751544
What is wrong with you?
>>
mega sableye makes it hard to set up hazards
that's it
that's literally smogon's reasoning
>>
>>24754126
if this is real, god smogon is a pack of fucking autists
vgc has some terrible shit allowed in it like dark void smeargle but at least you're forced to learn to play around it rather than banning the shit that triggers you
>>
>>24754126
>>24754361
That's oversimplifying it. It's being tested because it covers one of the best ways to beat stall because most hazard setters lose to it. More importantly, Sableye+Goth stall is cancer.

That being said, they should really just ban Goth and leave everything else alone. Wobb isn't broken, Sableye isn't a problem without Goth.
>>
>>24754126
You realize it's not just SR that it bounces but burn/toxic/para/seeds and much more? It's a failsafe with bulk that espeon never had that got replaced by stallbeye.
So here's a rundown of it, it has huge bulk, recovery move that's reliable, boosting moves to make it even more of a tank, one weakness that can be covered by siscor, can keep lando from being burned or itself, can be safe from toxic so it can stay in for as long as it wants to set up.
I can keep going on and on about how its a great defensive pokemon but its causing more trouble than just SR blocker.
>>
>>24754687
It's also a sub 400 BST shitmon who can't switch in before mega evolving and even after, its defenses are just average when taking into account the low HP
>>
>>24754425
>>24754687
Sounds like Smaugtists are just buttmad and hope that other people follow another dipshit rule they think they can impose on everybody else.
>>
>>24754703
Any person will ether lead with it or switch it in on a fighting/normal/psychic move or one it resists to mega.
We aren't talking how to get it in reliably we are talking about why it's annoying to the meta atm.
>>
>>24754730
Here's the thing, I'm one of those people will see their choices and think ether of two things:
1: that's fucking stupid, you're purely thinking of only the pokemon in that tier and no others that could wander up into it and fix the issue
2: this seems healthy for the meta.

Examples of number 1 is mega mawille ban, its stupid since anything defensive can take a hit from it and burn it or literally and special attack can destroy it. Plus it has no recovery so it can't stall out anything.

Example of 2 is mega sableye, its typing gives it only one weakness that can be covered by scisor and kill the one fairy type you'll be seeing which is frail to physical attack. Any physical attacker will get intimidated by lando t and any pokemon that could try to burn a pokemon or set up anything will get bounced, then set up on by mega sableye after.
Example to makes very specific teams that yes will be predictable to what your opponent will do, but will anyone really build a team for that specific case. and yes I know vgc is just as bad about this so I'm no supporter of any specific type of rules.
>>
>>24754703
>S rank in OU
>A rank in Ubers
>singlehandedly defines an entire playstyle
>got its own suspect test

B-b-b-but it can't be good! Just look at its BST!
>>
>>24754786
Where I said it isn't good you mongoloid
>>
>waah this pokemon is good ban it.
By the time smogonfags are happy with their banlist the only pokemon well be able to use is magicarp.
>>
>>24754849
Not him but you implied it by saying its a shitmon.
>>
>>24754760
Is he really that bad though? The arguments I've read so far for banning it all came across as "He's really good and fucks up hazards and we don't want that." Is there really no good way to counter him? Because frankly, as far as I'm concerned, having a natural predator for hazards and stall around is a good thing.
>>
>>24754972
>having a natural predator for hazards and stall around is a good thing
but mega sableye is literally the face of stall teams, bouncing back things that stall hates like toxic and taunt

>Is there really no good way to counter him
pretty much any fairy type, but looking at things in a 1v1 vacuum makes nothing unbeatable. They're complaining about how much support it gives (like deoxys-s and d), not because it's unkillable

Hazards are also effective against stall because stall does a lot of switching which means taking rocks damage. The two mons that can most consistently set rocks against sableye are heatran and clefable, both of whom can be removed by pp stall with gothitelle (the other thing being suspected). Skarmory is also waiting to defog in the back. I guess the problem with mega sableye is magic bounce with instant healing + better than rotom-w defenses. The 3 immunities, only 1 weakness and amazing support moves (knock off, foul play, will o wisp, calm mind) are all just a bonus. Is it worth banning? That's what they're arguing about
>>
Ban everything but Magikarp.
>>
>>24754849
>Where I said it isn't good you mongoloid
>It's also a sub 400 BST shitmon
Are you retarded?
>>
>>24754972
It has plenty of counters. Keldeo, Manaphy, most fires, and most fairies all defeat it easily.

The issue, if any, is that it's really good at keeping hazards away from stall teams. This is significant when you realize that getting hazards up and trying to make an opening is a standard way to beat stall. Again, just playing devil's advocate here; I don't think Sableye is banworthy without Gothitelle fuckery.

Anything else questionable about it can be attributed to Gothitelle being trashy bullshit. It's harder to say "just use Manaphy" or "just use Clefable" when they can just trap and cripple you.
>>
It's hp is pretty shitty and outside of trying to burn you it really doesn't fight back that hard.....I mean have you considered just hitting the damn thing? Any fire type worth a shit can just mow it down.....50 base hp is miniscule.

That's not to say it's bad but if what people are getting ass blasted about is not being able to set up hazards on it...stop trying to do that and just fight it?

Goth is another story but I guess the same can be said.....it can't take more than 1 good hit before crumbling (although I wouldn't mind seeing it gone)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.