[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled... Is ORAS worth getting or no?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1436071135157.jpg (28 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
1436071135157.jpg
28 KB, 600x540
Now that the dust has settled...
Is ORAS worth getting or no? Tell me, /vp/.
>>
It's the most relevant game right now since the developers fucked off XY by not making events available for it, so yeah, get it.
>>
>>24749899
Never ask /vp/.
>>
Right now: Yes
When the next game comes out: Maybe
>>
If you don't have a working Gameboy Advance, yes.
If you want to stay current, yes.
If you want to enjoy Hoenn for the first time, no. Just get Emerald.
If you expect it to be any better than the originals, no. Just get Emerald.
>>
>>24749899
No.
Wally is cute as hell, the new megas are cool and the villains getting actual personalities as opposed to copied and pasted scripts is nice, but not enough to justify getting this game if you own the originals or are not in any particular hurry to get them. Especially seeing as there's in all likelihood a new game on the horizon.
If you're bored and/or can get the game for cheap then sure, but don't feel as though they're necessary additions to your collection by any means.
>>
Wait for Z, ORAS was rushed
>>
File: orasinfograph.jpg (2 MB, 2526x2510) Image search: [Google]
orasinfograph.jpg
2 MB, 2526x2510
>>
>>24749899
>Is ORAS worth getting

YES!! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!

O R A S G O A T
R
A
S

G
O
A
T
>>
>>24749899
Rule of Thumb:
If it has Pokemon in the title then the answer is alsways YES
>>
>>24752074
Except Dash
>>
I got it for $25 on Black Friday. I'm happy with my purchase.
>>
>>24749899
Don't listen to /vp/, I had a blast with ORAS. Sure, I was disappointed about the Battle Frontier but like a well adjusted adult who still plays children's video games I got over it.
>>
>>24752430
and ORAS.
>>
I'll be honest, ORAS is only good for the move tutors and the new megas. Otherwise it has the same problems as the originals, in that Hoenn sucks. They actually removed a bunch of areas and some shit is actually worse, like growing berries. Like everyone said, it feels rushed. It lacks postgame, maybe even more than X/Y. The pacing of the story is still really fucking stupid. Wally is cool but he just disappears for 90% of the game and Brendan/May are as pathetic as ever.

Worth it pretty much for move tutors.
>>
Don't want to make a new thread for this so i'll just ask this here. I'm gonna buy a new 3ds soon, should I buy Omega Ruby or Y? I haven't played either R/S but I have played emerald.
>>
>>24753386

Should get both. If you care more about competitive buttling and being current you should get OR/AS first. But there are lots of good pokemon in X/Y and it's a very enjoyable game.
>>
>>24753386
Y. Emerald is the best Hoenn experience you can get. No point bothering with ORAS.
>>
>>24753394
>>24753395
Thanks, I'm not too concerned about playing competitive yet and if X/Y's story is at least enjoyable then I'll get Y first
>>
>>24753450

X/Y has some problems but the storyline is far, far more enjoyable than ORAS.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.