[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Name your favorite animal, list the different pokemon based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 16
File: vtyu.gif (696 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
vtyu.gif
696 KB, 800x533
ITT: Name your favorite animal, list the different pokemon based on it, and tell us how good you think they did it for each of them

Try to keep it civil

Tortoise

>Torterra
Cool, draws inspiration from the world tortoise, which i like and is overall more than just a tortoise
>Torkoal
Can't really see why they made a burning tortoise, don't know if there's any origin to that at all. However, as for Tortoises go, Torkoal look a lot more like one than Torterra does.

Blastoise and Carracosta are more Tutles than tortoises
>>
Shameless selfbump
>>
Bears, all bears

Ursaring nailed it

Beartic is cool, but competitively worthless

Pangoro is aite
>>
File: freg.png (534 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
freg.png
534 KB, 1024x768
>Poli family
I prefer Politoad over Wrath both because it's more usable, and because there's really no reason why they shouldn't let the frog mature in the first place

>Toxicroak
Pretty good design, looks more like your average poisonous frog too.

>Seismitoad
Bland

>Greninja
Favorite one
>>
>>24751555
>Bears
word
>Pangoro is aite
unword
You forgot spinda
Nice digits
>>
>snail

FUCKING MAGCARGO AND FUCKING GOODRA

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
>>
>Whales
Wailord is a work of art so great words cannot describe it's beauty.
>>
>>24751555
>>24752090
Aren't Munchlax and Snorlax also bears?
>>
File: Mouse-tailed bat.jpg (184 KB, 1024x799) Image search: [Google]
Mouse-tailed bat.jpg
184 KB, 1024x799
Bats

>Crobat line
Alright. Pretty cartoony and simplistic compared to the others in retrospect

>Gliscor line
interesting

>Swoobat line
good

>Pumpkaboo
cute concept

>Noivern line
Best. On top of looking cool, Noivern seems the most actually batlike I'd say
>>
>>24752135
Bulbapedia says they are, and i can see why, but i never personally made the connection
>>
>Crocodile and Alligator

Both Feraligatr and Krookodile are excellent respectively being my fav Gen II & V pokemon.

>Sharks

Mixed feelings about Sharpedo. Hate it's mega design. Would love to see a Hammerhead introduced at some point, preferably with a tail which is the one thing I hate about Sharpedo.
>>
Penguins
>Empoleon
It's nice, but i can't really see it as a starter. I see it more as a shitty random sea mon or an early bird counterpart.

>Delibird
The design is also cool, but its BST could be a bit higher, like 450, so it's not completely unusable but still crappy like it was supposed to be. Giving it a mid-tier evo is also a good option.
>>
File: leopard-gecko-wallpaper-4.jpg (114 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
leopard-gecko-wallpaper-4.jpg
114 KB, 1024x683
>leopard gecko
>none
Fucking gooks
>schnauzers
Stoutland a pimp
>>
File: ID_CaimanLizard_1200x490.jpg (281 KB, 1200x490) Image search: [Google]
ID_CaimanLizard_1200x490.jpg
281 KB, 1200x490
>Caiman lizard
Well there's shiny Duddigon, though I'm sure it's more of a coincidence than anything. I still like Druddigon anyways though
>>
File: image.png (812 KB, 1000x706) Image search: [Google]
image.png
812 KB, 1000x706
>>24749724

Turtles

>Blastoise
>Carracosta
>Shuckle
>Lapras

Not a huge fan of Lapras, but I am ok with this. Blastoise line is my favorite after all.

And it's ok OP. Land turtles, sea tortoises, these are only the perceptions of weak trainers. Strong trainers love them both the same
>>
Why aren't there any pokemon based on Armadillos? (Sandshrew doesn't count)
>>
>>24752643
Armaldo?
>>
>>24751555
beartic is garbage
>pinhead
>shit "beard"
>fucking retarded crotch tuft
>worthless stats and type
>has the audacity to basically be exclusive to winter

what the fuck were they thinking

anyways, mine is the giraffe
>girafarig
it's shit
>>
>>24752677
Armaldo does not an armadillo pokeyman make.
>>
>Chameleon

I really hate kecleon to be honest family. He's cool in mystery dungeon but other than that? Meh.
>>
>>24752606
Shuckle is actually a fungus or some shit like that.
>>
>cats

Nothing to say about cats. They are in each gen (except Johto. Fuck Johto) and they always look cute. Not that good in competitive, but its all right. I still like them all.

Except Purugly. Purugly can go fuck itself.

>raccoon

Zigzagoon is cool. It's not what I would expect from a tanuki/raccoon, but it isn't bad regardless.

I do wish there were more, an actual raccoon. Or just more Tanuki. Hopefully not with the giant balls.
>>
>>24752094
I can't tell if you love them both, or hate them both
>>
File: Delphox 2.jpg (157 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
Delphox 2.jpg
157 KB, 774x1032
>Fox

>Vulpix and Ninetales
Vulpix is exceptionally cute and a great fox-mon, used to be my favourite pokemon as a kid. Ninetales is also good but loses some of the charm of Vulpix and is kinda bland being just white.

>Zorua
Pretty cute I like it
>Zoroark
Doesn't really look that much like a fox anymore, not a big fan of the design; have yet to use one

>Fennekin, Braixen and Delphox
Been waiting for the fox starter since Gen 1, Fennekin is perfect and unique from Vulpix. Braixen is good but too feminine which leads to attracting furries. Braixen should've been more gender neutral or masculine. Delphox is perfect; succeeds in fulfilling the mage archetype and fox mon, in a way that's unique from Ninetales. Easily one of my favourite pokemon.
>>
>>24752215
Its sleepy behavior is based on hibernation, and in that regard, most people think about bears first, rather than bees, mooses or other animals
it also has legs that look somewhat like a bear's, but other than that, most of the beary-ness is just cartoony
>>
File: 73573583.png (175 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
73573583.png
175 KB, 600x400
Elephants.

Phanpy and Donphan are great. Phanpy being able to learn Water Gun in Gen2 was the cutest thing ever, even though it wasn't really useful at all. Donphan is super fun with Assault Vest in Gen6.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 480x640
>Weasels, badgers, ferrets, etc.

Mienshao is at the top for me and my favorite Pokemon overall. Such a great concept and design. Weavile have been a long-time favorites for me too. (Yes, I know Weavile is partially based on a cat, but I'm still counting it.) Typhlosion, Linoone, and Floatzel never really intetested me, but they are still fine. Furret is adorable. Fact.
>>
>tyrannosaurus

10/10 design but the typical rock Pokemon stats, good Atk/Def, decent HP, shit everything else make it annoying to use. Hoping for a good mega.
>>
>>24760239
I'm interested in yiffing with you
>>
File: 1427250581351.jpg (5 KB, 190x153) Image search: [Google]
1427250581351.jpg
5 KB, 190x153
Really great taste ITT, f
>>
File: heatmor.png (3 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
heatmor.png
3 KB, 96x96
>anteater

heatmor is not good.
>>
File: octillery110607.jpg (94 KB, 425x302) Image search: [Google]
octillery110607.jpg
94 KB, 425x302
>Octopus
Octillery

The movepool of a true, blue artillery squadron with the speed of anything getting done in politics. It could be so much better if they decided to stop throwing Megas to legendaries and throw a 50+ BST boost to this thing instead in speed or buffed defenses.
>>
>>24752094
Hey same on both accounts
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 561x685) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 561x685
>>24760462
>getting THIS mad over what other people like
>>
>>24760462
>le furfag meme

Epic, my friend.
>>
>Spiders

Galvantula is great, Ariados may kind of useless in competitive but it's still a really neat mon.
>>
>>24752434
You could've easily chosen something less specific like "gecko" or "dog"
>>
File: file.png (74 KB, 970x450) Image search: [Google]
file.png
74 KB, 970x450
>>24752745
>>
>>24766427
Even if it looks like it'd be utter garbage in comp, that still looks good
>>
>>24760462

why can't we have nice threads without idiots trying to start something?
>>
>>24752167
>Pumpkaboo
>bat
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.