[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT post wasted moves you hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: 1448937225244.jpg (42 KB, 363x326) Image search: [Google]
1448937225244.jpg
42 KB, 363x326
I fucking hate drill run.
>ground type move
>ground type move that not many ground types learn, and is more common among non-ground types not fortunate enough to have earth quake
>weaker than earthquake under normal circumstances
>earthquake is still nearly as powerful in a double battle, 75 versus 80 bp, and hits multiple enemies
>less accurate with only 95% accuracy

Like, drill run should have been stronger than earthquake because it's much more exclusive, only hits one target, is less accurate, and is given mostly to pokemon that don't get stab on it. At least that would reflect some sort of trade off or decision rather than being 100% inferior.
>>
>>24747801
How to buff it: Ignores Subtitutes, and maybe Protect.
>>
>>24747801
GameFreak cannot into balanced gameplay. Wasn't there an interview where they said they just throw stuff out there, moves and abilities and such, and let the players run wild?
>>
>>24747818
Didn't they outright admit Fairy-type was introduced solely for balancing purposes?

They clearly want to balance. They just haven't the faintest clue how and don't want to put the least bit of effort into it.
>>
>>24747801
Dual chop is like useless
>>
File: 1445793063007.png (226 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1445793063007.png
226 KB, 540x960
>>24747869
Reminder
>>
>>24747801
you sure used a lot words to say "Mega Beedrill is underpowered"

see, I did it in 4 words
>>
>>24747876
Dual Chop is just dragon claw that gets around subs, an additional bonus to a more exclusively distributed alternative to a bog standard attack. Plus it would be extremely powerful in the hands of a technician bearing dragon if we got one in the future.

What's totally unwarranted is its 90 accuracy.
>>
>>24747899
And why isn't there a common rock type move with more than 90 accuracy?
>>
Land's Wrath

Like why, it's literally a shitty Earthquake and Zygarde will always have Earthquake by the time you get it
>>
>>24748300
Same reason kyurem has glaciate

just wait until Z so it can shit on rotom w gengar talonflame and skarmory with thousand arrows
>>
>>24747801

>earthquake 75bp in double battle

excuse me, what?
>>
>>24747884
>base 150 SpAtk
everytime
>>
>>24747818
>>24747869
>>24747884
>hurr durr
it's not even possible to properly balance a game or know what its metagame will be like before the masses get their hands on the game

Aegislash was used primarily as a physical attacker for weeks before people realized the special set is better, we made the same assumptions as them
>>
>>24748329
moves that hit more than one pokemon in double/triple battles suffer a 25% damage penalty unless they hit only one pokemon.
Moves like earthquake, discharge, surf, and dazzling gleam suffer this penalty unless they hit and effect only one pokemon, including adjacent allies.That won't apply if the ally is immune to or otherwise dodges the aoe attack through ability:Telepathy or being in a semi-invunerable move, and there is only one effected enemy.
>>
>>24747801
On the same note as your qualms with drill run; rototiller.

>learned by TWO (two) 2 grass type lines
>both lines slow as almighty fuck
>literally just fucking work up
>everything with it learns a boosting move that doesn't have a stupidly strict prerequisite.

Buff its boost, reduce the prerequisite or give it base power. Imagine if it also boosted speed by 2. You'd actually see it in doubles.
>>
>>24748594
makes for fun reactions, at least
>>
>>24747884
It gets Swords Dance and Shadow Sneaky. It seemed like a prime candidate to be straight physical.
>>
>>24747966
gamefreak hates rock types but most of all they hate ice and grass
>>
>>24747801
Um, I'm sorry, but can you stop using the word gay? It really triggers me.
>>
>>24748300
Land's Wrath doesn't hit your side of the field, like Earthquake does.
>>
>>24748594
It works through protect. It CAN be used in an effective way. For example, on Serperior.
>>
Gee, maybe it was meant to give a Ground-type attack to Pokemon that wouldn't make sense using Earthquake?
>>
>>24748718
Serperior's Attack fell!
Serperior's Special Attack fell!
>>
Not all Pokémon and moves are meant to be equal. There's the singleplayer aspect as well, you get Drill Run far earlier than Earthquake.
>>
File: temp.png (39 KB, 505x443) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
39 KB, 505x443
>>24748766
>you get drill run far earlier than Earthquake
Yeah, that level 40 area earlygame.
>>
>>24747801
>112 BP is weaker than 100 BP
okay
>>
>>24747801
Increased crit doesn't pay off?
>>
>>24748692
It mostly just sucks that you never really get to use it, since Zygarde is banned in Maison Doubles, VGC, and rated battle spot.

Why is it even banned, anyway? It's the only non-event lgendary with a BST of 600 to be banned.
>>
>>24747801
You want moves to hate?

Do distros for moves while working on a fan game.

Fuck Safeguard.
Fuck Drain Punch.
Fuck Light Screen.
Fuck Reflect.
Fuck Chip Away.
Fuck Take Down.
Fuck Double-Edge.
Fuck Aqua Tail.
Fuck Quiver Dance.
Fuck Belly Drum.
>>
>>24748402
The damage is reduced for each extra target.
If it hits two targets, it's a 25% penalty.
If it hits three; it's a 33% penalty.
In triple battles, if it's hits four is a 42% and if you're an idiot that uses Earthquake with the mon that you have in the center and hit everyone else, it's a 50% of penalty in the damage.
>>
>>24749388
I don't know what retard started spreading this misinformation. It isn't true. Spread moves only suffer a flat 25% penalty regardless of number of targets.
>>
>>24747801
Drill Run is fantastic in dubs. It avoids wide guard and doesn't hit your partner.
Rhyperior is used just for it.
You literally have no idea what you're saying.
>>
>>24750711
>rhyperior is used just for it
Rhyperior is hardly used at all to begin with.

Second, Rhyperior is one of the only ground type pokemon that learns drill run, its single strongest user, and its two types synergize so well offensively that it has the room to get away with running only its stabs. Rhyperior runs drill run specifically because it has the room to run earthquake and drill run at the same time and choose which is preferable mid battle. Other pokemon don't have that luxury, and even if drill run does have limited advantages in specific scenarios it doesn't justify being taken over earthquake.
>>
>>24750749
>Is hardly used
It's still the only reason it is used.

>Has the room.
Quake edge is perfect coverage.
But Excadrill often ditches EQ for DR so thats not true.

>others dont have that luxury

See excadrill

>doesnt justify being taken over EQ
not messing up team or offensive synergy with team hitting isnt a good reason?
>>
>>24748718
That's... actually kind of interesting.
>>
>>24750914
>Quake edge
I personally use Smack Down instead of Stone Edge to fuck with my opponents' EQs. But I also lose a hell of a lot so maybe don't listen to me after all.
>>
>>24756309
QuakEdge is just the most common variant for that coverage combo.
Like BoltBeam for ice/electric.

There are very few reasons not to use Rock Slide in doubles.
Considered by a lot of players to be the best move in the meta.
>>
File: Look mittens pkmn.png (369 KB, 580x397) Image search: [Google]
Look mittens pkmn.png
369 KB, 580x397
>>24748649
>Trigger
Back to dumblr with you.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.