[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are their teams, /vp/? Here's mine: >Isaac Venusaur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Gsbox[1].jpg (51 KB, 320x319) Image search: [Google]
Gsbox[1].jpg
51 KB, 320x319
What are their teams, /vp/?

Here's mine:

>Isaac
Venusaur
Sandslash
Nidoking
Gallade
Aggron
Heracross

>Garet
Emboar
Arcanine
Rhyperior
Camerupt
Magcargo
Tyrantrum

>Mia
Lapras
Cloyster
Froslass
Milotic
Walrein
Vaporeon

>Ivan
Xatu
Whimsicott
Skarmory
Crobat
Noivern
Gengar
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (932 KB, 1466x1468) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
932 KB, 1466x1468
>Felix
Scizor
Torterra
Garchomp
Hippowdon
Pangoro
Excadrill

>Jenna
Ninetales
Chandelure
Talonflame
Mismagius
Volcarona
Solrock

>Piers
Slowking
Carracosta
Feraligatr
Glalie
Crawdaunt
Mantine

>Sheba
Sigilyph
Ampharos
Claydol
Medicham
Swellow
Fearow
>>
I'm glad you didn't include that shit sequel OP.
>>
>>24747056
Dark Dawn is the most betrayed I've ever felt by a video game, it's an insult to the rest of the series
>>
>>24747056
What was bad about it? I haven't played it yet
>>
File: 35153183.jpg (292 KB, 450x615) Image search: [Google]
35153183.jpg
292 KB, 450x615
>>24747432
The game in general felt really rushed. half of the party arrives in the span of an hour and one of them gets a psynergy that tells you exactly how to solve any puzzle. The story isn't...cliched per se, but you'll expect too many of the twists long before they're supposed to be there. Plus the combat system didn't evolve or get built on whatsoever, and the bonus bosses are rather boring (two of them are direct ports, and dullahan was hugely nerfed so killing him doesn't mean anything anymore.)
>>
>>24748047
>Cliche

You're using that word incorrectly anon, just saying.
>>
File: 1197512998903.jpg (156 KB, 608x1085) Image search: [Google]
1197512998903.jpg
156 KB, 608x1085
>>24748289
I probably am. Regardless, the game was...I remember being entertained the first time I played it, but there was so much they COULD have done with the direction they went and just didn't. Great idea, unbearably bad execution (and after as much time in the dark, almost inexcusable how badly it was executed)
>>
>>24746914
I would love a Pokemon game with puzzle difficulty in the tier of Golden Sun.
>>
>>24749347
I never saw golden sun's puzzles as "difficult" but they did force you to think a little. If there was an impassable waist-high fence, you either had a way to get past it, or needed to find the skill that would let you. There wasn't anything like a group of fat people blockading a route or angry headache-laden psyducks that you needed a plot coupon you'd just happen upon by a certain badge count.
>>
>>24746914
I remember an old gen 3 romhack that brought in Golden Sun characters and monsters that was never completed. A shame.
>>
>>24749533
Puzzles more like Alundra, Brain Lord, or Lufia 2 sound a bit more fun to have in Pokemon.

Some of them were pretty good in GS like in Crossbone Isle and that one cave in 2 with the magician, but a lot weren't that hard. A lot of GS could've been improved with difficulty really, but the first two are good games.
>>
>>24749700
Crossbone isle was a really well done puzzle dungeon. Yes it was rather easy to get through the rooms, but if you wanted the items (and there were some REALLY good items down there) you had to think things through.

That's a good way to balance it, I think - if you just want to rush through it'll be mostly straightforward, but if you want all the items then you'll need to step back and think it through.
>>
>>24748047
>>24749279
The problem with Dark Dawn is that it felt like more of a set-up to a good sequel than a good sequel, and because it didn't do that well we'll never get that good sequel.

For what it's worth I liked all the civilisations that were visited and the Djinn gameplay was still all good. They just probably should have given us control of light and dark adepts instead of being cockteases about it and an actual threat.
>>
>>24749884
Now that I think about it, you make a really good point. You get the feeling at the end of dark dawn that they were setting up for the same kind of duology the first gen had, but poor execution just torpedoed any hopes of it.

The gameplay was fine, and the lore they were using made a lot of sense when porting it forward from the first games. But there were just too many unforgivable fuckups that made it a shitshow, and it's probably doomed what was a great series.
>>
>>24748047
You forgot the worst part - the points of no return where, unless you read a walkthrough first, will prevent you collecting all the Djinn.

FUCK.THAT.
>>
>>24747021
>tfw I prefered GS2 protags to their GS1 counterparts.

My only real complaint was Piers wearing shorts.
>>
>>24750956
Yeah, I was trying to repress those memories. thanks a lot fag.

>>24751029
>I prefered GS2 protags to their GS1 counterparts

I don't think either party was "better" than the other, I mean each one had one really good standout for what the element meant (Ivan's quick wit and general ingenuity vs. Sheba's "lol fell from the moon" bullshit story; and Jenna's short but reasonable temper and urge to get shit done vs.Garet's cliche dumb muscle)

Like I said. So much they could have done, and they phoned it in SO badly by rushing it.
>>
>>24749700
>>24749799
I may have been simply dumb but Air's Rock was pretty intimidating and very challenging with its expansive dungeon and use of psynergy
>>
>>24752553
I can see that. Air's Rock was kind of intimidating, it was REALLY big and getting lost was a real possibility. And yeah, you did need to use a lot of psynergy to get through it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.