[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will they add a "Nintendo meta" to Showdown?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: showdown.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
showdown.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
When will they add a "Nintendo meta" to Showdown?

>Sleep Clause
>Item Clause
>Species Clause
>mythical clause (Mew, Deoxys, etc)
>legendary clause (box legends, Arceus, etc)
>Everything else is OK

It would be fun to play a meta as the developers intended to, without countless things banned because a few special snowflakes didn't like it.
>>
k
>>
File: poke_battle_rev.jpg (73 KB, 567x320) Image search: [Google]
poke_battle_rev.jpg
73 KB, 567x320
>>24745693
When they add a meta that simulates this
>>
you get all that shit from playing on the cart, what's the point

also sleep clause hasn't been a thing since pbr
>>
>>24745693
If you actually looked you would have seen that they already have Battle Spot ladders on Showdown.
>>
>>24745693
>sleep clause
>nintendo
Not since PBR

What you want is some special snowflake thing catered to you. Not what the developers intended.
>>
>>24745725
That's not 6v6

>>24745713
Nintendo came with the sleep, freeze, species and item clauses. No reason to not include them.

>you get all that shit from playing on the cart, what's the point
Everything you do in Showdown except random battles can be done on the cart
>>
>>24745783
>Nintendo came with the sleep, freeze, species and item clauses. No reason to not include them
oh cool what meta on cart has sleep clause?
>>
File: 1416200168185.png (677 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1416200168185.png
677 KB, 720x540
>>24745783
>game developers create a game and leave out option to have random 6v6 singles matches
>game developers develop tournaments wherein particpants use 4 pokemon for double battles or 3 in single battles and have done this for years
>"the game developers intended for 6v6 singles matches to be the norm!"
???
>>
>>24745713
>since PBR
That was just like two generations ago and that's just because we haven't had a console game since. It's been in every console game since stadium.
>>
>>24745805
PBR will be 9 years old two weeks from now so that's a pretty long time
>>
>>24745794
It's been 6v6 since forever. Just because TPC is forcing that VGC e-sports bullshit doesn't means it isn't the default style of battling.
>>
>>24745824
What are you talking about? The 10th Anniversary Tournaments were the first large scale tournaments they've had and they were all double battles.

If you prefer 6v6 singles then that's fine. If you think there should be mopre focus on 6v6 singles since that's what most of the single player campaign consists of, then fine.

Don't pretend that your favorite way to play is what was intended. Ten years of Double Battle tournaments is not a coincidence.
>>
>>24745693
Tbh the smogon rules make sense to me. The only serious argument I know of is
>but it only effects a small number of players

And that's not even true. Without a proper tier list there would be an infinite circlejerk around the same 8 pokemon.

How can you dislike diversity?
>>
>>24745962
There is an infinite circle jerk around the same 8 pokemon

Battle Spot Singles:
>Meme Sword
>Meme Ninja
>Meme Mom
>Meme Ghost
>Meme Bird
>Meme Flesh Ribbons
>Meme Chicken

Doubles:
>Meme Genies
>Meme Mom
>Meme Ghost
>Meme Sword
>Meme Moon
>Meme Waifu
>Meme Flesh Ribbon

I don't see how people can unironically dislike Smogon metas when the alternative is so much worse
>>
>>24745996
Maybe because of funposting?
>>
>>24745935
>were the first large scale tournaments they've had
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsEylxVHOvU

>>24745962
>Without a proper tier list there would be an infinite circlejerk around the same 8 pokemon.
No one knows because we never had that outside the start of XY.
>>
File: 1430247926403.jpg (66 KB, 800x695) Image search: [Google]
1430247926403.jpg
66 KB, 800x695
>>24745693
I'd play it in a heartbeat.
Tired of genies.

Singles stall autopilot need not apply
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.