[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>playing battlespot doubles, 1716 rating >played nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: le reddit man.png (152 KB, 438x420) Image search: [Google]
le reddit man.png
152 KB, 438x420
>playing battlespot doubles, 1716 rating
>played nothing but 1400 rated faggots, four of them in a row
>play another 1400, finally get haxxed, lose 27 points of rating, an hour of laddering is gone because it takes so fucking long just to find a match
>play another 1400, get haxxed again (it doesn't take a lot of skill to click swagger and rock slide)
>another 27 points lost
Why am I even playing people 300 points below me? Why is matchmaking so bad? It's not a function of skill whether I get haxxed by someone, I shouldn't get punished this hard for it. I simply shouldn't be playing these people in the first place
>>
Git goof
>>
>not playing on showdown

Unless you're playing VGC (and I mean IN VGC, not actual championship with real judges and prizes not just the format) Showdown is 100% superior.
>>
>>24742157
there is literally nothing you can do about swagger thundurus and scarf rock slide landorus other than run faster taunt thundurus and faster rock slide landorus. many archetypes that don't feature these genies are very strong and to put thundurus on your team just to taunt other thundurus while weakening the team overall doesn't make any sense. my main point is that BS matchmaking is fundamentally flawed and I just shouldn't. fucking. play. people. 300. points. below. me.
>>
>>24742152
You seem to be under delusion that actual top players still care about ORAS :^)

Even then, the ladder is fundametally rigged. In gen V there was a guy who topped the global ladder TWICE because he kept facing himself when there was no one playing.
>>
Yeah I've faced nine opponents tonight and they've all, all been in the 1400s. as a result I lost 78 points for losing to three of them and gained 21 points for beating six of them. 3:1 win ratio in vgc is fantastic, yet I'm still sliding down the ladder because I'm getting haxxed by shitty players. If there's no one even close to my rating, just don't pair me. I would rather sit there clicking challenge for an hour than face shitbirds that 1. I don't grow as a player from beating 2. I lose a shit ton of points when I get haxxed by them
>>
You don't find people based on your score. You just find people.
>>
>>24742162
No it's not, showdown is trash for official rules. Useful for testing out new teams for a bit maybe, but ultimately bad for laddering and practice. This was proven by this year's results at worlds

>>24742548
>>24742573
You can watch youtubers like Cybertron who hang in the 1800s and he consistently faces high ranked opponents. Fix your internet or something because it's not the game.
>>
File: 1434673760532.jpg (96 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
1434673760532.jpg
96 KB, 596x628
>>24742152
>claim to be better than lower ranked players
>lose to them
>>
>>24742152
>"Hurr im so good I shouldn't have to fight these losers"
>Can't beat them
Looks like you're fighting exactly who you should be, anon.
>>
>>24742628
>>24742617
I literally just come here to vent, I know /vp/ doesn't understand competitive pokemon. however it seems pretty easy to comprehend that pressing swagger earns you victories you don't deserve and you can do it no matter your rating
>>24742597
aaron also lives in new york, meaning he's closer to asian time zones and in the time zone in the u.s where there's more and more skilled players than the west coast (where I am.) take a look at the highest rated americans on PGL right now. they're literally all new york.
>>
>>24742640
>>24742617
I would add that you two apparently can't read because I beat them 2/3 times tonight, a fantastic win ratio for vgc
>>
>>24742152
if anything this should tell you to reconsider your choice of games. why would you ladder in a game as uncompetitive as pokemon when matchmaking isn't even any good?
>>
>>24742617
>Guys if you don't have a competitive strategy to counter luck and chance, you mustn't be very good lol XD
>>
File: 1446504468648.jpg (11 KB, 298x200) Image search: [Google]
1446504468648.jpg
11 KB, 298x200
>>24742644
>B-but I did win most of the matches!
>still complain about losing to lower ranked players

>>24742653
Nope, he mustn't be!
>XD
>>
>>24742640
small timezone differences shouldn't matter much, Jap players are on 24/7 regardless
>>
so I've played 10 matches tonight, all against 1400s players. since I lose 27 points for losing to one and gain 7 for beating them, I would have to win eight of these matches just to come out two points ahead. Is an 80 percent win ratio really worth 2 points? even against 1400 players (anyone can hax you.) if I win 9/10 matches I come out ahead by just 36 points, about the same amount I lose from a single loss to these people. so if I won 9/10 matches, I gained 36 points, and pretty much all that work could be gone again in a few moments in another match against a 1400 rank. do you see the problem with this?
>>
>>24742740
I see the problem, yes. But do you see the problem with thinking that pokemon is a game for skill to begin with, when there are so many strategies based around luck and chance?

I'm not going to say that there is 0 skill involved but really now. Complaining about losing a match to anyone regardless of their arbitrary "rating" is like crying over spilled milk
>>
>>24742740
>all against 1400s players
Stop making shit up. I'll believe you if you screencap your match history on the PGL.
>>
>>24742653
But every VGC since genies is literally luck and chance - the meta

best team in this format literally relies on overwhelming your opponent with confusion, paralysis and flinch hax before he does the same
>>
File: untitled.png (47 KB, 596x611) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
47 KB, 596x611
>>24742779
have fun looking all these faggots up, I'll go through and individually find and paste their ratings if I have to
>>
dont worry guys gen7 is completely overhauling the battle system
>>
>>24742597
>This was proven by this year's results at worlds
and last year was won by people who pretty much only practised on showdown + some private competitions

showdown is objectively superior to cart because you can do much larger number of battles in a shorter time

anyway, the fact that no non-jap got into top 8 this year wasn't due to not using battle spot or whatever, but because the western/korean players went full hipster with their teams which allowed japs to sweep the competition with their simple but solid teams; i mean, fuck, the winner didn't even use any special snowflake overly complex EV spreads nigger bridge loves wanking themselves over
>>
File: svhsbvc.png (130 KB, 923x1786) Image search: [Google]
svhsbvc.png
130 KB, 923x1786
>>24742779
either look these faggots up on the ladder (not even sure if you can) or take my word for it. the fact that they have ratings hidden should tell you a lot, good players want people to see their rating
>>
>>24742793
>playing in Japanese peak hour
>only facing 2 Japanese players
I don't know, maybe the matchmaking isn't optimized for the west. I'm in Australia and when I play at this time I'm lucky to face someone outside of nipland
>>
File: autism.jpg (77 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
77 KB, 1024x640
>>24742793
>playing battle spot at 4 AM
i can already feel your regret when you grow up
>>
>>24742806
>last year
That's because last year there wasn't even a VGC ladder leading up to worlds, showdown was the only choice. This was the first year that we had a permanent battle spot ladder with VGC rules and the people who played on it dominated.
>>
people on showdown dont really follow the meta at all for some reason
playin on cart is really shitty though
pokemon is hsitty
>>
>>24742822
best players don't play on ladder, not even in fanfic smogon metas

they all circlejerk in their hidden little groups and don't share any details with the common "plebs"

>>24742824
>pokemon is hsitty
this desu
>>
>>24742836
>they all circlejerk in their hidden little groups and don't share any details with the common "plebs"
That's nigger bridge users, who of course got bodied at worlds. Japan take laddering somewhat seriously and most of them have no problem sharing info on their blogs and whatever.
>>
>>24742849
well, considering nigger bridge is mostly made up of former smogonites that's not very surprising

i always heard nips were more inert with their battle strategies, but maybe they simply didn't give a shit this year since they knew everyone was going in with the same team anyways
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.