[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would Cavalry look like in the Pokemon world? What Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
What would Cavalry look like in the Pokemon world? What Pokemon would be suitable for cavalry? What Pokemon could still be viable for war but not cavalry (like a war elephant kind of deal)?
>>
>>24740684
Mega Bisharp and Mega Escavalier would be perfect for this concept.
>>
File: 1419356505878.png (674 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1419356505878.png
674 KB, 750x1000
>>
Scolipede would work well. Has armor already + is a bug stallion
>>
>>24740684
Honestly? Just Rapidash and maaaaybe Scolipede for Cavalry. The other ones aren't suited for it, is not on their genes.
>>
>>24740740
Where is the evidence? Most Pokemon do not seem to have the issue of taming and as such won't have the issue Zebras have. That narrows the factors to that of mobility and the ability to maintain said mobility with a human riding it.
>>
File: Medieval Scolipede.png (150 KB, 601x406) Image search: [Google]
Medieval Scolipede.png
150 KB, 601x406
>>24740684
If only I were a Poke'Crusader 500-600ish years ago.
>>
>>24740776
Fuck. I forgot other ones like Rhyhorn and Gogoat.

The thing is, I don't think most of them could work for Cavalry, we need some mons that are quick and strong enough to sustain a human (or a pokémon) battling on top of it.
>>
>>24740729
>mawile holding a ballsack
>>
neigh
>>
>>24740740
I don't think Rapidash would work well. Even with fireproof armor, you'd still have flames in your face while it galloped. A warrior needs a strong, healthy respiratory system, not one that's been damaged by hot air and smoke.
>>
>>24740875
If the anime has any accuracy, the rider will not be burned by a rapidash, if the rapidash trusts/is fond of the person riding it.
>>
>>24740875
You do know that Rapidash supposedly can let you ride it without being burnt, do you?

Even if it was just in the anime, it still would be weird if the mon just had the flames and damaged their own trainer with it. It isn't supposed to backfire.
>>
>>24740684
I could see some of the heavier quadrupeds (Torterra and the like) being used to some degree. Seige engines maybe?
Scolipede'd be a natural, so would Rapidash, Gogoat, Rhyhorn
>>
>>24740910
I was also thinking of flying mons, aerial battle/support is always good too. Be it flying type, dragon. Anything that can fly and sustain a human being on top.
>>
>>24740930
lati@s too
>>
>>24740930
Yeah, definitely. Any of the larger flying types would make great mounts. Maybe ones like the regional birds (for the most part), and dragons and other flying pokemon with a body type like either Salamance or Flygon?
>>
>>24740938
The thing is, I don't think legendary pokemon should be taken in count here. They are not supposed to fight alongside any human.

But in the end, yes, they can.

>>24740948
Yeah, pretty much those. Although I doubt every regional bird can. Unless they are bred to be bigger and have enough bulk, of course.

If you think about it, almost every mon can be used for war aside from the ones that are too weak by themselves. Farfetch'd, Delibird, Dunsparce, any first and second stage of mons, etc.

Golurk looks menacing enought to fit in, too.
>>
>Bastiodon
>Meganium
>Scolipede
>Zebstrika
>Torterra
>Aurorus
>Arcanine
>Tauros
>Bouffalant
>Lairon
>Gogoat
>Pyroar
>Samurott
>Hippowdon
>Luxray
Not including the many ridable flying pokemon. Some of these are questionable, but may work depending on their gait or spinal anatomy. Some bipeds like Tyrantrum may work as well. Anything that can take orders and attack independently would be highly desirable as well. Imagine a group of Charizards raining down fire on enemy territory. Or even a flock of butterfly pokemon going over enemy troops with powder. Electrode bombs. Water types defending a town's borders, ready to sweep away any intruders with Surf. Many ground/rock types could easily construct trenches or makeshift forts. Dugtrios could wait underground like Earthquake landmines. Many status moves would have great utility. Shadow Sneak ambushes. I'm stopping here but the possibilities are near endless. War with Pokemon would certainly be very interesting.
>>
>>24741030
>muh legends
There are multiple Lati@s and trainers in the games have been shown to use them. They count.
>>
File: metagross_by_tomiokajiro.jpg (184 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
metagross_by_tomiokajiro.jpg
184 KB, 1200x900
>>
>>24741121
Fuck off with the shitposting buttscab
>>
Ditto/Zoroark could be used as effective spies/saboteurs by impersonating enemy troops to get into their camps.
>>
>>24743194
Can they speak human when transformed?
>>
>>24743221
Don't know about Ditto, but Zoroark can.
>>
>>24743327
But Zoroark's illusion is more risky as it can be more easily broken and thus discovered.
>>
>>24743612
At the same time Zoroakr seems to be the better option. I'm not saying Ditto is dumb, but I doubt it would work as well as a mon that represents impersonating. It has the upper hand against someone that just transforms in what they see.
>>
>>24743636
True, though there would probably develop counter-intelligence methods that require personnel to be struck before proceeding somewhere with sensitive information or at certain checkpoints or something of the like as to root out Zoroarks in disguise, thus requiring a more sophisticated approach to espionage.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.