[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Team Build Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: TeamBuilder.png (79 KB, 639x315) Image search: [Google]
TeamBuilder.png
79 KB, 639x315
Hey /vp/, I never really lurked here. And I'm getting back into pokemon after I was let down with how my home New York, New York was portrayed in GenV. I'm hoping to come back into GenVI or wait for GenVII.

I've been fiddling with Pokemon showdown to build a team and I need some help. I never really down anything competitive and there's so many things to think about and so much shitty looking pokemon I don't want to use but have really good stats.

I have two pokemon in mind in the OP picture. Help is appreciated:

Gardevoir is a must, she's my Poke waifu.
Thinking about switching Azumaril with Clefable or my personal favorite Quagsire
>>
>>24739436
Bonus points with Pokemon that can found in the Sinnoh Region and are Fairy, Dragon, Steel, Psychic, and Ghost
>>
This is an alright offensive core to start with.

>>24739475
rotom-w
fast tankchomp
Heatran
weavile

here u go man, made u a team
>>
>>24739436
the fact that you are from new york is irrelevant, the fact that you are a faggot, however, is

Anyways there are a couple of things Mega Gardevoir has to watch out for, mostly steel-types:
>Metagross
>Jiarchi
>Sand Rush Excadrill
>Scizor
>Scarf Magnezone

Are the main ones. Fast Poison types like gengar and beedrill beat you too, and plenty of pokemon take advantage of your merely okay speed and garbage defense so Tailwind or Magnezone can be helpful. You might want to try Tyranitar since Bravest Bird and Bravest Bug beat Mega Gardvoir, etc
>>
>>24739562
Wouldn't the addition of Weavile require a good spinner to clear feild effects?>>24739436
And did you hate about the Unova Region. I thought it was pretty good expect some pokemon designs.
>>
>>24739620
>spinner
Who cares
Just go hyper-offensive and have fun
>>
>>24739436
>Gardevoir is a must, she's my Poke waifu
lmao

Ok now that that's out of the way, some things to keep in mind assuming this is for the OU tier on showdown:
- Something with stealth rock because le pointy stones are always useful to discourage the opponent from switching and it annoys stuff like talonflame
- If you end up having some rock-weak Pokémon you could have something with rapid spin (starmie is good) or defog (like latios) to remove them
- You have two fairies so you're very weak to things (mainly steel types) like mega-metagross, scizor, and gengar. A fire type would help against the first two.
- Your two Pokémon aren't very fast. Something with a choice scarf or a few naturally fast Pokémon can help this.
>>
File: TeamBuilder.png (156 KB, 649x643) Image search: [Google]
TeamBuilder.png
156 KB, 649x643
Here's the team now.
>>24739562
Thinking about adding Heatran, for special defense coverage.
>>24739605
>the fact that you are from new york is irrelevant, the fact that you are a faggot
I was hyped when I heard it was based in New York, I was expecting it to be an amazing game Pokemon Platinum made a good impression on me. Then the game was just a dissapointment
>>24739620
The Pokemon musical was honestly shit, should've kept the fashion. Pokemon designs were OK, most weren't needed and are just congest the pokedex. I didn't really find the story that engaging, not a fan of Team Plasma and the map design could've been more urban like.
>>
>>24739694
>>Gardevoir is a must, she's my Poke waifu
>lmao
I thought everyone on /vp/ was a furry
>>
>>24739992
Definitely need some faster pokemon
>>
>>24739992
definitely need some slower, bulkier pokemon to pivot between
>>
>>24739992
your magnets arent sexye nough

>>24740004
but he doesn't have fur
>>
File: TeamBuilder(1).png (61 KB, 653x329) Image search: [Google]
TeamBuilder(1).png
61 KB, 653x329
>>24739694
>>24740166
Thinking about removing Azumarill with Weavile and Starmie. (Although I do love Azumarill dearly)
>>24740176
I'm not sure you're being sarcastic, but it does look I'm lacking in some defense
>>24740212
>your magnets arent sexye nough
..?
>>
>>24740253
>good advice is sarcasm

go fuck yourself
>>
>>24740253
im just trying to help you pursue your ultimate goal. unless yuo're confused??

honestly this is fine but you ironically still lack a counter to slowbro; magnets doesn't count.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 990x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 990x1200
>>24739992
>>24740253
>Gender
>Female
>x4
Autism.
>>
>>24740277
>being assblasted about the gender of a pokemon
Autism.
>>
>>24740261
Oy, I wasn't sure. One anon above said you need faster pokemon. Then you said I need a slower tank. I thought you're doing this to cause confusion.
>>24740272
Ok, thanks man.
>>24740277
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>24740295
>being assblasted about someone calling out your autism
Autism.
>>
I'm looking for a 6th member for my team, and I can't decide on which Pokemon to add. My current team is:
>Absol
>Lopunny
>Goodra
>Whimsicott
>Meowstic
The only criteria is that they be cute but still effective in battle.
>>
File: CutieSquad.png (203 KB, 637x957) Image search: [Google]
CutieSquad.png
203 KB, 637x957
>>24743258
For some reason I'm able to make peoples team, but never seem to be able to build mine. See if you like this one. There's a lot of stuff I haven't taken in consideration.
>>
Is there any merit to using CB headsmash Aggron in UU over Maggron?
>>
>>24744946
Not really since Tyrantrum is a thing that exists
>>
>>24744918
>slimewaifu
>effective in battle

pick one
>>
>>24744918
I'd prefer to stick with the pokemon I've chosen already, but Azumarill would be perfect for the 6th spot. Thanks.
>>
File: bunday.png (42 KB, 639x161) Image search: [Google]
bunday.png
42 KB, 639x161
what spread and teammates do I need to make it work?
>>
>>24744976
I'll pick two, thank you.
>>
>>24747363
Post replays, then
I like to use it in UU as a bulky mixed LO user but even then it's not good
>>
>>24744970
So I just click head smash, and hope the switch in dies?

Should I use tail wind support?
>>
Can I make a workable OU team with Hydreigon and Galvantula?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.