[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abilities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 2351.jpg (229 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2351.jpg
229 KB, 1920x1080
Aside from the ones actively designed to inhibit a Pokémon, such as Slow Start and Truant, what is the worst Ability in the game?
>>
>>24738898
At least pick up gets you items

Illuminate doesn't do shit for you and just makes your play-through more annoying
>>
I hate Hustle
>>
anticipation

like oh shit, the opponent has a coverage move. it's not like anyone playing competitively doesn't know the viable moves of every mon anyways
>>
Does Levitate on Fan Rotom count?
>>
run away ignores shadow tag, arena trap, magnet pull and any trapping moves.

damp halves the damage of fire type moves

normalize gives the 30% boost like aerialite refrigerate and pixilate

Illuminate lowers the accuracy of all moves by 10%
>>
>>24739169
none of those abilities do any of those things
>>
>>24739180
>fixing shite abilities
>>
>>24739180
He was fixing them.
>>
>>24739169

damp: the user cannot be burned

anticipation: one-time immunity from a SE move

pickup: works like a free recycle when the item is consumed. one-time use only
>>
>>24739235
>damp: the user cannot be burned
Water veil already exists.
>>
>>24739258
oh i forgot about that. too bad it gets such shitty distribution
>>
>>24738898
Steadfast
The only way to effectively use it is to use Fake Out on your pokemon in doubles or hope your opponent's flinchhax takes effect to get the speed boost.
It would be a little better if you could nab a +2 speed stat instead of just +1.
But even then, this is a high-risk, low-reward ability that no one could use to its fullest potential.
Machamp is better off using No Guard.
Gallade and Lucario both have an easier way of getting a free boost with Justified.
>>
>>24739042
Anticipation has saved my ass a couple times in Drayano's hacks because who fucking expects some of the sets he throws together.
>>
>>24739315
>playing Sinking Sapphire
>Roxanne opens with an Explode Onix
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1136x640
>>24739282
This, honestly.

I refuse to believe that a four-armed pokemon with massive strength, has mastered every martial art and is known for helping humans in construction and security is unable to have at least one of the following;
Intimidate
Defiant
Sheer Force
Iron Fist
Mold Breaker

Dont get me wrong, No Guard is God sent and I am forever grateful for that but it also makes him a one-trick very predictable pony. Forget Huge or Pure Power--that would make him broken. Hell, even SF and IF would further make him a weaker Conk but seriously. I find jt incredulous that other pokemon with reputations of being strong like Hariyama, Nidoking and Feraligatr get SF but not pic related. I feel like he is unfairly left out.
>>
>>24738898
Here is your assignment, /vp/:

Give Pickup an effect in battle to make the Pokemon in OP's image worth considering competitively.
>>
>>24742615
>the pokemon can hold two items
>any knocked off enemy items are fair game to be Picked Up during the match

>>>>Band-Scarfed Ambipom
>>
>>24739353
>That Onix
>Fury Cutter Anorith with a bug gem
Ripped my anus a new one.
>>24742626
The Pokemon will pick up a knocked off item if they're free.
>>
Pressure.
>>
>>24742675
>what is Stall
>>
>>24742675
Pressure is fine, but I wish they didn't give it to so many legandaries.
I want to see more unique abilities for them.
>>
>>24738970

First answer might be the correct one.

>No effect in battle; increases encounters with wild Pokémon

Yeah, that's necessary. It only takes like five steps in any tall grass or cave to find something.
>>
>>24739258
Not like redundant abilities aren't already a thing
>>
File: 1448346294967.png (4 MB, 2016x1608) Image search: [Google]
1448346294967.png
4 MB, 2016x1608
>>24738898
not actual game specific but in mystery dungeon gluttony is the worst fuckign thing ever!
as well as runaway on a partner
>>
>>24738970
Illuminate is good for increased chances at getting Pokémon in areas where the encounter rate are lower. Every Pokémon with this ability has a better option too so it's not like it's really hindering anything.
>>
It's not the worst ability, but Aura Break is pretty fucking bad. Useless against all but 2 pokemon.
>>
Honey gather has to be the worst.
>>
>>24742713
The correct answer for worst ability.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.