[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is it that in the new episodes of Pokemon, every character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
why is it that in the new episodes of Pokemon, every character has to speak after one another, in a continuous loop.

it's like a scene is not complete unless every single character says a line.

has anyone else noticed this autism? it honestly ruins the show for me
>>
Post more Serena in pretty outfits.
>>
Ashnime is shit
>>
File: afe.jpg (71 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
afe.jpg
71 KB, 540x720
>>24738896
no outfit is the best outfit
>>
File: comic264.png (358 KB, 650x1554) Image search: [Google]
comic264.png
358 KB, 650x1554
>implying this is exclusive to the new episodes
>implying this is exclusive to pokemon

welcome to anime
>>
>>24738890
I don't watch the anime but I mean what are you expecting? When people are talking to each other one person talks and another talks back. This is how dialogue works

Are you wanting them to all talk all over each other or something?
>>
File: 7a7.jpg (631 KB, 850x1133) Image search: [Google]
7a7.jpg
631 KB, 850x1133
>>24738916
actually no. the entire first season of pokemon isn't like this.

I have just recently rewatched it and this is when I noticed it.
>>
>>24738924
I think his problem might stem from him watching live theater. Anime, TV shows, and movies have to do that while live theater doesn't.
>>
>>24738924
I don't think you get what I am pointing out.

when the characters talk they all respond in a
group one after the other. like when they are
fighting team rocket or talking to some professor or some shit.

it's like each character has to talk one after the
other.
there can never be just a solo conversation back and forth between 2 specific characters,
or else it would break break the rules of the show
>>
>STILL watching anime
>>
HOL UP HOL UP
So you're telling ME, that a japanese animation show aimed at children isn't challenging enough for you ?

whoa
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 255x198
>>24738964
well Pokemon is a good show. just this autistic dialogue structure shit really gets to me. also serena's new haircut as well
>>
>>24738916
>implying this is exclusive to the new episodes
>implying this is exclusive to pokemon

>welcome to anime

no shows are like this at all. maybe some, but I feel like pokemon only does it to fucking popularize it more and have the characters be more likable, but it turn it makes it so much worse
>>
>>24738980
I don't know what you mean by challenging. unless you believe that autism is a form of being mentally challenged?
>>
>>24738995
Hey I'm ash and this is my buddy pikachu
I'm clemont
I'm serena nice to meet you
I'm bonnie and this is dedenne

It's worse then Team Rockets motto. Heck they should just make their own motto it'd be more entertaining.
>>
File: Duk.png (131 KB, 376x274) Image search: [Google]
Duk.png
131 KB, 376x274
>Watching the anime
>>
>>24738916
watch more anime. Maybe you'll find some actual good ones so you can stop watching the ashnime and whatever other shit you watch that makes you think this always happens.
>>
>>24741869
This is called introducing yourself. It happens in the real world.

Not that I'm defending the anime, but you sound like a sperg on the real.
>>
>>24741883
>not watching the superior nip version
>>
>>24741917
both versions are trash.
>>
>>24741888
It happens in a good portion of 3DPG shows, it's not just an anime thing.
>>
>>24741869
>hito no pokemon wo ubau, warui yatsura nandesu!
Somebody should count all the times that exact line is said.
>>
>>24741955
>3DPG
I still find it disturbing that we have people still have sexual attraction but only to the second dimension of reality
>>
>>24743151
>"They're evil people who steal Pokémon from others!"

It's annoying from a viewer perspective, but when they say this line or introduce themselves to COTDs, it makes sense. They need to inform them of those things.
>>
>>24738916
GS Dark Dawn sequel ever?
>>
> Bonnie makes her usual mandatory "Can I come along too?"

"No Bonnie, we thought we'd just abandon you in the middle of the forest.."
>>
>>24743309
doesn't Ash ever get tired of repeating that
doesn't Team Rocket ever get tired of going after some random ass Pikachu
>>
>Waa-hahha-hai!
>Tsuide ni Pikachu mo (getto dechu)
>Bai-nyoro
>Kaeru!
>Ika shouryaku
Even ignoring the infamous motto and the ii/warui kanji lines, it's amazing just how formulaic and repetitive Team Rocket dialogue is. If there's one thing BW did right, it was making them actually feel like they were part of the episode and not just a bunch of obligatory stock phrases wasting time.
>>
At least it's not like a Canadian cartoon where there's always a character or something making noise in one long string of unbroken terrible animation and sound.
>>
File: 1440831881685.jpg (13 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
1440831881685.jpg
13 KB, 234x215
>>24741917
>>
>>24743425
You don't even need to make them relevant to the rest of the episode, just give them a couple jokes and make them funny characters, even that would be better. Even those funny fantasies they had about Giovanni way back in AG or whatever would be amusing.

The way they are now a lot of the time you could probably just not bring in their seiyuu at all and just use recordings from previous episodes and it'd be exactly the same.
>>
>>24743446
They're not that bad in XY, or at the very least lately. Just in the past four episodes, they got into an argument about naming the Zygarde Core with Jessie telling James his proposed name sounded like that of a pro wrestler, they got into their retarded tirade about adding more prefixes to "mega evolution" to make it sound even stronger and they got turned chibi by Mega Audino's Heal Pulse, then they went "mountain fishing" for a Litleo with a berry attached to a fishing rod and they got reduced to speaking like Wobbuffet and Inkay. They can still be funny when they're not used as generically as possible. Maybe the fact that Inkay and Gourgeist haven't yet appeared in XY&Z at all has got something to do with that.
>>
>>24738890
GO BACK TO YOUR GENERAL

IT'S THERE FOR A REASON
>>
>>24738995
>well Pokemon is a good show.
>>
>>24738890
Most of the VA's just read lines for multiple eps in one sitting , plus its easier for the sound guy to just cut and paste one after another inside of mashin everyone together sounding like shit
>>
File: 1442271234392.png (36 KB, 250x331) Image search: [Google]
1442271234392.png
36 KB, 250x331
>>24738995
>well Pokemon is a good show

Are you going to keep spouting that when Ash loses the league for the sixth time in a row, dumps his Greninja he bonded with so much (but not Pikachu, never Pikachu) and the rest of his Kalos Pokémon, and heads to a new region? Oh, I'm sure Round 7 will be for real, guys.

The only way you could get me interested in the anime is if you do another filler season entirely based away from the games like the Orange Islands, since Ash is actually allowed to win in those seasons.
>>
>>24743928
how about a season where ash dies?

i've heard the true finale of anime was supposed to have some pokemon revolution with meowht as ambassador while Ash realizes his dream was just a big mistake.

but then it didn't happen
>>
>>24743940
Does your dad work for 4kids?
>>
>>24743957
no, he doesn't.

i live in the shitty country of europe, across the sea from sweden.

i've just heard that, though. nothing confirmed.

also ash's dad was supposed to appear but the guy behind that idea left the show before it came true.
>>
>>24738890
gotta get your moneys worth.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.