[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consider the following:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hey gaise.png (604 KB, 601x501) Image search: [Google]
hey gaise.png
604 KB, 601x501
Objectively, every Pokemon game is good.
The main games use the same basic formula and still manage to stay interesting and enjoyable, with each game improving upon the last in some way.
Once in a while, we get side games to hold us over when main games aren't enough. Those are also fun.

What's the point of arguing over which game is worst when all of them are entertaining? If you like Pokemon enough to come here, why shit on the franchise?
>>
I'd argue the opposite and say that every pokemon game is bad. They're poor JRPGs and they're even worse as a competitive game, the entire franchise kept alive purely by its monster catching gimmick and the appeal of the monsters themselves.
>>
>>24737733
>the entire franchise kept alive purely by its monster catching gimmick and the appeal of the monsters themselves.

I think that's the point, and the entire reason there's so many spinoffs (most of them being more entertaining than the main series). The new Pokemon games only serve to introduce new worlds, new character, and most importantly new Pokemon.
>>
>>24737733
Exactly. I think the only reason pokémon still has such a huge following despite being nearly unchanged for 20 years is because of strong brand loyalty and fans that dislike change.

I don't think pokémon would have had nearly the same success if pokémon didn't come around until BW or especially XY.
>>
>>24737714
>Objectively, every Pokemon game is good

stopped reading there

Every thread that starts with "consider the following" just goes on to post some bullshit that I shouldn't consider
>>
>>24739740
>I'm so thirsty for genwars
>>
>>24739740
>every post that doesn't agree with my viewpoint doesn't deserve my time

I don't even know did you came here. I guess for what >>24739746 said.
>>
>>24739746
It's true though. Seeing "objectively good" is a clear sign that some bullshit is following.

Especially since he also includes side games. I have a hard time imagining somebody would call Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure, Gates to Infinity or Camp Pokémon "objectively good".
>>
>>24739764
There really isn't any "best" game. It all depends on which one appeals to you the most. That game is best for you.
Also two of those games you mentioned are meant for little kids, so of course they're not good with adults.
>>
>>24739783
>There really isn't any "best" game. It all depends on which one appeals to you the most.
Which is the exact opposite of objectivity.
>>
>>24739756
>I don't even know did you came here
Because I felt like it

>I guess for what >>24739746 said
OP is the one thirsty for genwars. Otherwise he wouldn't have made this retarded thread.
>>
>>24739808
I doubt OP knows what "objectively" really means but I can see what he's trying to say.
This thread was also directed at a huge genwar thread that was going on a few hours ago.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.