[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zen Mode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1448648236069.jpg (150 KB, 780x761) Image search: [Google]
1448648236069.jpg
150 KB, 780x761
Is there anyway beside giving it a mega to make the forme usable?
>>
A special event that lets you become Zen Mode until it stops, instead of activating at half HP.

Or have at first a defensive Pokemon that transitions into offense and not the other way around, Darmanitan.
>>
>>24737279
the best way i've tried is

Darmanitan @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Zen Mode
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flame Charge
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Fire Blast

he gets walled by a lot of shit but i've seen him get a few kills and even sweep a couple times. So what if it was in low ladder?
>>
>>24737279
Cullination did something with it, might look that up.
>>
>>24738001
Because he wanted to make the form usuable, which almost everything is in low ladder.
Here's how to make it usuable you make it a form change, so that zen mode is the actual form, and when it goes to half health it reverts to regular so its faster and stronger. That would make it more usuable but still a little shody.
>>
If its speed stat were boosted instead of dropped on transformation it might be usable. It's counter-intuitive to have to drop your HP to half to get a Sp. Atk boost that then makes you slower and a bit bulkier, but with with one of the worst defensive typings in the game.

Raising speed to 130~ after the transformation might make zen mode situationally useful and not totally useless like it is now.
>>
>>24737279
New formula for damage calculation, that makes pokemons litteraly impossible to OHKO. In every other RPG, there aren't protagonist who die as fast as pokemons. Okay there's many pokemons in your team, but longer games can be appreciable. Also regular formats, aka 3v3 and doubles are really quick compared to others strategy games. I would love to see pokemons with a fuckton of hp like in FF. Killing Ferrothorn with 5-6 Darmanitan's flare blitz ...
>>
File: peafa.jpg (172 KB, 1018x768) Image search: [Google]
peafa.jpg
172 KB, 1018x768
>STILL liking darmanitan
>>
Make it so on the tun you'd go at or under 50% health, Zen Mode prevents you from losing health and then does the transformation. After that turn you can lose health again. Like a 50% Sturdy which applies to stuff like Toxic and Leech Seed etc

and give him Recover
>>
What
>>
2 different Megas. If you mega up in regular mode, you're just a little bit strong, but mega up in zen mode and you're an unstoppable fucking force.
>>
Zen Mode should have been a split evo rather than a forme change.
>>
>>24737279
give it a detect type move that changes it's form
>>
Looking at it's stats again it's not even that terrible if he kept the full HP.
>>
>>24737279

have it activate like Mega, but you can freely switch between two modes whenever you want.
>>
>>24737279
I saw someone suggest using it on a sandstorm team holding a chesto berry, because you can bring it out, use belly drum to maximize its attack, sandstorm will drop you into Zen Mode, your defenses sky rocket so you can take whatever hit they throw at you, rest to regain full health and wake up with the berry, then rape everything with Flame Charge, which can also boost your speed. It's not perfect, but it's an interesting strategy.
>>
>>24742547

>your defenses sky rocket so you can take whatever hit they throw at you

Are you high, anon? You won't take any hit.

You're only bet would be to belly drum while the opponent switches out.
>>
>>24742547
>>24743088

and even then you better hope that the opponent wastes a second turn while you Rest.

It is an interesting strat but it has less going for it then you had expected.
>>
>>24737279
Monkey looks sad.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.