[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he fell for the ORAS is shit meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: image.gif (210 KB, 250x235) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
210 KB, 250x235
>he fell for the ORAS is shit meme
>>
File: 1447541841511.jpg (35 KB, 403x538) Image search: [Google]
1447541841511.jpg
35 KB, 403x538
pic related

ORAS shills
>>
>>24736839
ORAS WAS shit. Not as bad as BW/BW2 mind you, but pretty shit. XY were the best games in a long, long while though.
>>
>>24736867
Is this bait?
>>
>>24737172
I can't tell. He does raise a good point. Compared to other remakes, heck even other games, ORAS was pretty lackluster. I can't talk whether its better than RS though cause I never played gen3 Hoenn.
>>
>>24736867
>was
why the past tense?
>>
>>24736839
>meme

>>24736867
>ORAS was better than Gen V
>Gen V was shit

Kill yourself.
>>
I almost did until I decided to play it for myself. ORAS certainly has its flaws but I wouldn't call it shit, not even close.
>>
Ungrateful pieces of shit. Be thankful you still have Pokemon.
>>where's muh Pokemon ranger, GF?!
>>GF, where's muh Pokemon stadium 3!?
Top kek. Your tears are delicious, fags
>>
File: cancer.jpg (30 KB, 480x431) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
30 KB, 480x431
>I am a huge hoenn baby
>muh perfect hoenn is perfect
>gen 4 was shit
>muh hoenn
>muh remakes
>did i mention gen 4 is shit already?
>everything sucks except muh perfect gen 3
>all haters are tasteless troll mememasters
>muh hoenn
>muh remakes
>muh ORAS
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 261x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 261x439
>>24737208
>he thinks gen v was anything but irredeemable shit
>>
>>24737290
>still mad hoenn remakes confirmed
Stay salty.
>>
>>24737306
>implying I ever gave enough of a shit about arguing about remakes

But I sure love your tears when the remake you cried oceans of tears for years for it to happen turned out to be a crock of shit
>>
>>24737313
>arguing
no one said arguing. i bet you ware one of those lonely masochist whos only joy in life was coming to /vp/ and mocking hoennfags for HOENN REMAKES CONFIRMED. well guess what- remakes confirmed, and fairy type happened. wheres your god now?
>>
>>24737281
Fuck off. I'd much rather see it die than continue in this sorry state.
>>
>>24737336
nice assumptions there faget. Doesn't make ORAS any less of a shit game though, no matter how much projecting you do on me
>>
You know, its funny. We almost lost hope for Hoenn remakes but they came out and they turned out to be lazy lackluster.
>>
>>24737341
>> triggered
Kek
It won't end just because you want it.
>>b-but m-my snowflake!
Keep crying. Your misery entertains me.
>>
>>24737349
Yeah yeah, very believable.
Stay salty.
>>
>>24737302
>becuz i sed so

Retards will never learn.
>>
>>24737302
What are your flaws with it? I found the region nice, the plot in BW1 to be nice, and I like the majority of Pokémon introduced (with obvious exceptions like ice cream cone and trash bag). BW2 had a ton of shit to do with Pokéstar Studios, Join Avenue, and the PWT was the best shit. ORAS Hoenn currently has nothing to do, except maybe Super Secret Bases.
>>
>>24737281
>criticizing shitty games for lack of quality is ingratitude

You are cancer to all of fucking videogames. Kindly die.
>>
>>24737281
>multimillion dollar corporations are our friends, guys!
>>
The other genwar thread is calming down and you guys are already eager to start more shit
>>
>>24737367
Except I never said it WAS now did I? Just that it's better off that way. I'm perfectly aware that Pokemon is a cashcow that can keep going for two more decades.
>>
>>24737401
They think the entirety of Gen V was shit. It's going to be the exact stupid shit that's already been shot down every time besides linearity.
>>
>>24737415
I still want to hear it from them, maybe they have reasonable complaints for once, and if they don't I can dismiss them.
>>
>>24736867
I know this is probably bait but I agree with this 100%
>>
>>24737452
>I agree all of Gen V was bad and even half baked, watered down shit like ORAS is better

You need to fuck off.
>>
>>24737408
>being this butthurt
>>bitching about anything you don't like
Kekking
>>
>>24737413
>>being this mad
>>
>>24737555
Why are you here if you don't want to have discussion other than "wow Pokémon is the best thing ever I love it!"

There are places like NeoGAF for that.
>>
When you act stupid you attract actual stupid people.
>>
>>24737600
Aww did I hurt yar feelings, boy?
>>
>>24737616
Yeah, like people who thought ORAS was good
>>
>>24737172
It wasn't bait.
>>24737185
Thank you.
>>24737190
Just poor choice of wording.
>>24737208
Stay mad, Gen V sucked.
>>24737452
MY NIGGA.
>>24737470
Gen V was dog shit dude.
>>
>>24737930
>trying this hard
>still spewing overopinionated bullshit

Pathetic retarded antifaggot.
>>
>>24737930
Why was Gen V so bad, anon? And why were XY so good?
>>
>>24736839
I fell for the overhypers.
>>
File: metagross_by_tomiokajiro.jpg (668 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
metagross_by_tomiokajiro.jpg
668 KB, 1200x900
>>24737956
B/W:
>Characters were way too one-dimensional. Alder was shit, Cheren was Sasuke 2.0, Bianca had daddy issues, and N was a Mary Sue.
>Plasma was all over the place and made no sense
>Music was bad (opinion)
>Region was a literal straight line with SO MANY GOD DAMN BRIDGES HOLY SHIT
>Pokemon distribution was awful
>Story was WAY obvious, there were no real plot twists
>Graphics were ridiculously dated for a new game at the time

XY:
>Had some shit characters, but a few were alright and the story did a decent job of attaching you to them. The only outright bad eggs being fatty and nerdy.
>Music was good (opinion)
>Team Flare while weird, were all on the same page
>Pokemon distribution scaled well
>Region was pretty obvious but still left some room for exploration
>Story had a halfway decent climax. I did not expect them to actually fire the cannon.
>3D at last
>Trainer customization, are you kidding me? Holy shit I've wanted this forever.

I'm not saying XY were the greatest games ever. But I did enjoy them, I felt like I got my money's worth. I had a lot of pet peeves though, such as the complete lack of a post-game and inability to do 6v6 random Wi-Fi battles.

And before you get started don't even make me go on a tangent about the atrocity that was BW2.
>Hugh: "DUDE HELP ME GET MY SISTER'S PURRLOIN BACK. I KNOW I'VE GIVEN YOU NO REASON TO CARE ABOUT THIS AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN GET A UNIQUE SPRITE OR MORE THAN TWO LINES OF DIALOGUE BUT I SWEAR THIS IS IMPORTANT.
Yeah no thanks.
>>
>>24738016
Oh it's you again
>>
>>24738027
I've posted about this once before, yeah. Sup brah?
>>
>>24737616
Yeah, like people who thought Gen V was good
>>
>>24738016
This, holy shit
>>
>>24738037
I'm glad to see you've toned down the exaggeration and actually giving pretty valid criticism.
The characters in BW are good IMO.
How was Alder shit to you? Cheren and Bianca were pretty decent rivals and Bianca's "daddy issues" was just a pretty minor thing.
N has his flaws, so I don't really see him as a Mary Sue.
Nothing in Team Plasma confused me, but that's cause I did do my research on them. What did you not understand about them?
The story was pretty obvious, but just because it doesn't have plot twists doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.
>>
>>24738016
>>24738037
>>24738045
>Cheren was Sasuke 2.0
>Bianca had daddy issues
>N was a Mary Sue
>i didn't liek the music so it's a flaw with the entire game
>muh grafix

You don't deserve an opinion, you worthless fucking retard. Stop posting and kill yourself.
>>
I like lots of stuff about ORAS, except the interface, which is ugly.
And Hoenn is still worst region.
>>
>>24736839
OR your ASS
>>
>>24738016
>I got my money's worth
I hate this meme.
>>
>>24738206
lol
>>
>>24737290
To be fair, I hate Gen 4 AND Gen 3.
>>
I don't see what's so bad about it. Sure there's no BF which was a little disappointing but that doesn't ruin the whole game. And it's pretty weird seeing people complain about it being "too easy". It's Pokemon, all the damn games are easy. Increased difficulty would be nice but it shouldn't be surprising that the games are easy. Does it really matter if your Pokemon are a high level during the story? You would be grinding anyway and more than likely use a different team for online battling.
>>
I'm the one who started this meme, I'm so glad it was funny enough for it to be repeated many times over :^)
>>
>>24738265
Who cares
>>
>>24738096
>I'll cherry pick these issues to try to make you look retarded when instead, I'm just making myself look retarded!!

He stated legitimate reasons why he didn't like it.
>>
File: 1319326578380.jpg (47 KB, 140x310) Image search: [Google]
1319326578380.jpg
47 KB, 140x310
>>24737290
>tfw I'm a Hoennbaby and think all the generations were good.
I can't wait to play the Sinnoh remakes, I haven't played DP in forever and never got around to playing Platinum. I just really hope they use the improvements made in Platinum instead of working from DP since wasn't there a lot of shit fixed in that? I can't wait for the inevitable gen 5 remakes 10 years down the road either. Just imagine what the handhelds are going to be like then.

I've gone through Kanto enough but if they remade it again I'd gladly play it.
>>
>>24738298
I like you
>>
>>24738286
>legitimate reasons
You mean shitty opinions.

>whining
Calling out retards obnoxiously spewing subjective bullshit about why they think they can call an entire already proven good generation shit is not whining, idiot. Don't act like you can talk about who's retarded, okay?

Now shut the hell up.
>>
>>24738068
>How was Alder shit to you?
His design looked stupid, though I admit that's personal biased. My major issue is the story jumps to GREAT lengths to enforce that he had a Pokemon that died, and is now damaged because of it.

Now I have a problem with that, namely that they are making it out like I am supposed to CARE. They don't tell you the full story, they don't even tell you what Pokemon it was. The game also hyped him up to be great at battle, only for you to NEVER battle him during the actual story. N does, and big surprise, Alder loses. You only get a post-game match against him, and his team is really really easy to beat. In fact the only things Alder did worthwhile storywise were lecture Cheren a bit and then lose to N. I appreciate them trying to make a champion relateable, but they did a poor job of it. If they had invested a bit more into him he could've been great, but he just feels really half-assed.

As for Team Plasma. My issue is all the hypocrisy. "We want Pokemon liberated! So we are going to capture them and make them do our bidding to accomplish this!". What? I get that the PETA thing was just a front for Ghetsis, but N and I assume a majority of the members actually believed in setting them free. In fact my BIGGEST issue is the aggressive attitude the grunts have. N tries to be your friend, he tries to understand, and everything he does is with a strict code of ethics and morality. The grunts completely throw that out the fucking window. One second they will preach about N's shit, and the next they are Team Rocket 2.0. It was very inconsistent, I feel like had they all been on the same page as N. And had acted like they were the good guys and I was the villain, I would have liked them MUCH more. But as is it seems like they are all a really shitty in-between of Ghetsis and N and all it does is serve to make you suspicious of their motives from the very beginning, rather than making you think they have a point and are just misunderstood.
>>
>>24738372
>an entire already proven good generation
oh look, a shitty opinion
>>
>>24736867
>Thinking 5th gen was bad
>Thinking XY were good

wew lad
>>
>>24738372
He distinctly outlined which were opinions and which were legitimate criticisms he had about the generation but whatever, you're still going to be too stupid to see that not everything about Gen V was perfect. Cry more little bitch.
>>
>>24738401
Considering you can't even type properly, you don't have room to say shit, you drooling shit.
>>
>>24738464
>OH NO! I'VE BEEN EXPOSED! I HAD BETTER MAKE FUN OF HIS SENTENCE STRUCTURE ON AN INTERNET WEB BOARD! THAT'LL MAKE ME RIGHT!
And as long as we are playing that game.
>to say shit, you drooling shit.
Nice repetition, faggot.
>>
>>24738464
>Run-on sentence
You are not any better.
>>
>>24738461
Comparing Cheren to fucking Sasuke, making a big deal out of a minor subplot for Bianca and calling N a goddamn Mary Sue when the retard clearly has no idea how to even use it are nothing but opinions and shit at that. For completely subjective bullshit aside from Unova being linear they state the entire generation is automatically bad

I said absolutely nothing about Gen V being flawless and already outlined the most severe flaw being the linearity. Yet you accuse me of being an asshurt fanboy for daring to angrily object to unintelligent shits spewing whatever they want. Pathetic.
>>
>>24738531
>Pathetic.
You forgot to tip your fedora.
>>
>>24736867
Almost agree with this, but BW/BW2 were pretty good too.
>>
>>24738389
Gotta admit you have some pretty good points.
I myself did like Alder, but I agree they should have fleshed out his story more.
Same goes for Team Plasma. The more major Plasma members are all good but the grunts did feel kind of half-assed. While it was revealed that majority of the grunts actually didn't care for pokemon in the first place, the ones that did side with N still acted illogically.
As much as I like Gen V I wished they expanded the characters even more to avoid confusions.
>>
>>24738483
>OH NOES I'VE BEEN EXPOSED!
Just made you look even more stupid with my post just now, but whatever.

>using a faggot not even being bothered to type properly as a reason to discredit shitty posts is suddenly looked down on
Fuck off.

>>24738493
Well, I'm the one actually typing with proper capitalization and more coherent sentence structure even if I'm not the best with punctuation.

Yeah, I am literally better than idiot.
>>
>>24738570
*than that

Damn it. This humid as fuck room is getting to me.
>>
>>24738537
>fedoratard

Is calling out a shitposter's tactic for what it is suddenly bad just because of some shitty meme? Just stop.
>>
File: 1385418820083.png (62 KB, 439x370) Image search: [Google]
1385418820083.png
62 KB, 439x370
>>24738016
>B/W
>Characters were way too one-dimensional

>while praising XY

I don't even have to read the rest of this post to know you're the biggest fag on the board.
>>
>>24738016
>Had some shit characters, but a few were alright and the story did a decent job of attaching you to them.
Name some good XY characters because they were all rushed fucks to me. I didn't feel attached to them at all.
>>
>>24736839
>HE THINKS TWENTY MEGA EVOLUTIONS MAKE A GAME WORTH $40
>>
>>24738690
>>24738691
>Cherrypicking one part of the post and ignoring the rest
>>
>>24738691
Not him but I liked Lysandre. He didn't nearly make up for the atrocious XY rivals though.
>>
>>24738702
ORASfags.

I'm already pessimistic about any future remakes and just going to look up all the juicy bits.
>>
>>24738704
Alright, I'll be fair then.
>XY had alright characters
As I said before, they felt rushed and half assed which prevented me from liking them.
>Team Flare were all on the same page
Yes, but that's because their goal was simply to "clean" the world by killing everyone who wasn't part of Team Flare. How would Lysandre know that the members of Team Flare actually weren't the ones who were "tainting" the world?
If anything the rich people (AKA the people who were able to join Flare) would be more likely to taint the world.
>Pokemon distribution scaled well
>Region left room for exploration
That I can agree with.
>Story had a halfway decent climax
Agree as well, but like he said, it was only decent. They could have done better.
>3D at last
Depends on whether you like the style of the 3D or not. I personally don't like the character models as they look off. The pokemon models are fine though.
>Trainer customization
That was good. Wished they gave the guys more hairstyles though.
>>
>>24738731
DP remakes are going to be terrible if they do them like ORAS. Maybe they'll learn their lesson from this next time they do a remake and take the effort to add all the third version content, though.
>>
>>24738016
Alright, to shut up that faggot, I'm going to take this shit apart all the way.

>Alder was shit
Because he wasn't "good enough" for you.

>Cheren was Sasuke 2.0
Goddamn. He wanted to become a strong trainer and later questioned if he had any other purpose in life while remaining a bro.

>Bianca had daddy issues
Literally only touched on at the very beginning and less than halfway where he accepts her maturation and decision to leave home. Her actual issues are insecurities.

>N was a Mary Sue
Shoot this retard. Now I already know for sure your "opinions" are utter shit. N was an orphan living with Pokemon who learned how to understand them before Ghetsis found and took him in as the perfect puppet for his plan to rule Unova. He then surrounded him with Pokemon that had been mistreated in order to twist his thoughts. The Legendary Pokemon only awakened for N because of his misguided but noble and resolute motivations. There was nothing special about him besides understanding Pokemon and he was otherwise just a warped passionate manchild.

>Plasma was all over the place
Team Plasma wanted the exact same thing N wanted. The were only enemies for gameplay and their methods don't change the fact they ultimately wanted to "free" Pokemon from humans who they believed only used them as tools.

>music was bad
Admitting "it's muh opinionz guiz" doesn't change the fact you listed this shit as a flaw. You can't even argue for this.

>too linear
Only thing that wasn't subjective bullshit.
>TOO MANY FUCKING BRIDGES
And then this.

>horrible distribution
You mean you just didn't like what was available, you little bitch.

>story was too obvious
Used the "bad guys want Legendary" plot as an excuse to say this.

>graphics were dated
Opinions and muh grafix faggotry.

Finally, you completely dismissed great Pokemon games-arguably even Emerald and Platinum tier-like 2 just because of "muh Purrloin".

You have failed miserably to argue Gen V is shit.

Now just fuck off.
>>
File: 1448711881942.jpg (36 KB, 697x517) Image search: [Google]
1448711881942.jpg
36 KB, 697x517
>>24739560
>Team Plasma wanted the exact same thing N wanted.

Not all of them, some of them just wanted to fuck shit up, which is why they split into two factions in BW2. Not that it's a bad thing like he's implying.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.