[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine you meet someone that's never played a Pokémon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: pokemon.jpg (212 KB, 902x563) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
212 KB, 902x563
Imagine you meet someone that's never played a Pokémon game in their life and wants to know where to start.

Where do they start and why?
>>
Red/Blue because they came out first.
>>
Don't.
>>
Another subtle "Let's start a genwar" thread
>>
I usually start people with gen 4 and up because new players tend to not get how phys/special work prior to that.
>>
File: 1448791501772.jpg (204 KB, 902x563) Image search: [Google]
1448791501772.jpg
204 KB, 902x563
"Start from Red. Take XY with a grain of salt."
>>
>>24735882
Either FRLG if they have some visceral knowledge of what Pokemon is, or XY if they're completely unaware of it.

Gen 1/2 would just scare them off, 3/5 don't have most of the popular Pokemon, and I feel like someone new to the series wouldn't appreciate Platinum as much as someone more experienced.
>>
>>24735887
>even replying
>>
>>24735882
Start with FireRed or LeafGreen to get the defining Kanto experience that started it all except much more enjoyable. Then HeartGold or SoulSilver for Johto and a mostly direct continuation. Then take a technological step back to Emerald for the sheer quality it offers as the defining Hoenn experience. Then Platinum so they actually enjoy Sinnoh for more than the comfy ass region and music itself. Then Black or White as well as its respective sequel for everything the more urban yet steeped in legend land of Unova offers.

Caution them that XY are highly disatisfying and arguably rushed games, but at least not nearly as shit as Diamond and Pearl then finally politely tell them in these exact words to never fucking touch Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, either of which is a horribly exceuted video game remake in general that at best has enjoyable remade tracks, especially for the Legendaries.

There you go, OP.
>>
>>24735990
Good
>>
>>24735882
Another bait "which game is better"

Seriously though FRLG > Platinum > HGSS > BW > BW2 > ORAS > wait for Zygarde game
>>
>>24736008

Emerald = FRLG > BW > BW2 > Platinum >>>>> XY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OR ASS
>>
>>24735882
Yellow > Crystal > Emerald > Platinum > B/W > B2/W2 > X/Y

>playing lesser versions or remakes
>>
>>24736019
This wasnt "my favourites list", it was "which games to play in order"
>>
As much as I hate Gen 6, I would tell them to start with it. New players come into the franchise with ZERO nostalgia, so they should be advised to play newer games not outdated shit, telling them to do anything else would be retarded.
>>
>>24735990
>le ORAS is bad meme
>>
>>24735882
If it's an adult then FireRed/LeafGreen since there is a good chance it has the most monsters they're familiar with even if they never played a Pokemon game before.

If a kid that never had a contact with the franchise before then probably whatever is the latest instalment.
>>
>>24735882
Why does it matter you fucking idiot?
>>
>>24736378
You all know what OP wants, yet another stealth Gen VI hate thread.

I think barely anyone except the shitposters calling the hate a meme argues anymore because nobody wants to care anymore.
>>
>>24736362
>saying bad things about muh ORAS is a maymay
>>
>>24735882
The newest one because it's all the same
>>
>>24735990
>steeped in legend

It's a shitty and undeveloped legend. Gamefreak didn't even know what their own legend was, exampled by retconning Kyurem being an unrelated dragon that fell from space to Kyurem being the corpse of the original dragon.
>>
>>24735990
>Start with FireRed or LeafGreen to get the defining Kanto experience that started it all except much more enjoyable. Then HeartGold or SoulSilver for Johto and a mostly direct continuation. Then take a technological step back to Emerald for the sheer quality it offers as the defining Hoenn experience. Then Platinum so they actually enjoy Sinnoh for more than the comfy ass region and music itself.
This. You don't need to play more pokémon after this.
>>
>Firered
>Soulsilver
>Emerald
>Platinum
>Black
>Black 2
>x and y
>>
>>24737236
I explicitly included Gen V immediately afterwards, faggot. Don't twist my damn posts.
>>
>>24735882
ORAS , best graphics, most content
>>
>>24737387
>best graphics
>most content

That's not funny at all. Go stand in the corner.
>>
Gen 3 with RS to show how the overall game works without too much story like BW and no slow gameplay like DP, then give them Emerald to see what they can expect from the third version of each generation

Then show them the spinoffs if they are interested and introduce them to remakes

If they are still with me by then depending on their gender and looks I'd ask them out on a date
>>
>>24735882
I know I'm about to get shit on for this but I'd tell them to start off with X/Y or ORAS and then if they decide they want to get into they can hunt down the older consoles and games.

>>24735883
>>24735896
>telling people to start in the most obsolete gen
You guys are completely retarded.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.