[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mega Pinsir Opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 1448769639199.png (812 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1448769639199.png
812 KB, 1280x1280
How does /vp/ feel about mega pinsir?

Bro or nah?

explain why
>>
Pinsir is the epitome of what mega evolution should be and a perfect proof of concept.

or proof that aerilate is broken as fuck and slapping a flying subtype and aerilate on any pokemon makes it good.
>>
I like it, solid design and a mega for the fourth best bug type? Yes please. It helps that he has nuclear Double Edges as well.
>>
>>24735306
What are the other top ones
just wondering
>>
>>24735340
1. Heracross
2. Scyther
3. Scizor
4. Pinsir
5. Scolipede
>>
>>24735340
Genesect, Scizor. I dunno the third. Probably referring to heracross or volcarona
>>
File: Shiny Pinsir.png (1 MB, 891x648) Image search: [Google]
Shiny Pinsir.png
1 MB, 891x648
>>24735301
I like it a lot even though I don't really like regular Pinsir, and to add, it has a really slick Shiny. Had to MM one of these bad boys when XY came out.
>>
>>24735301
Not a fan really. Regular Pinsir is fine. Mega pinsir looks like he just did a ton of cocaine.
>>
>>24735301

Bro for life. Still waiting for extreme speed though, otherwise its just worse Salamence.

I mean mega mence is retarded but having 2 aerilate megas is kind of dumb

I kind of wished the regular one was bug ground and had mega horn. Then the regular one would be a god like scarfer.
>>
>>24735301
underrated as hell
>>
>>24735301
Best OG buge.
Fuck Heracross the shit-tier usurper.
>>
It's colour makes him look kind of dead.
Cool.
>>
why doesn't it learn mega horn? it literally fights with its giant horns.

and why doesn't heracross learn x-scissor? the move is even called "scissor cross" in jap.
>>
File: Pinsir the american hero.png (147 KB, 1344x605) Image search: [Google]
Pinsir the american hero.png
147 KB, 1344x605
>>24737538

Word. Fuck that nigga, he's a biter.
>>
Never cared much for it but i dont hate it either
>>
>>24737429
MPinsir has boosted Feint. Breaking protect is strategic to doubles.
>>
Bro as fuck

>beautiful Mega design
>given to a weak yet cool (deserving) Pokémon
>actually made Pinsir totally viable and unique
>the shiny is nice to boot
>>
I love bug types but I never liked Pinsir. It looks way too scary to be bro tier at all, and I can't imagine it being friendly at all. Also that mouth is disgusting and those arms are way too small
>>
>>24737586

Is it viable in doubles? I thought it was megamom and VGENIES the meta?
>>
>>24737577
> that pic
Oh yeah? What about Trick Ro-

Wait...
>>
>>24737689
I want underagefags to leave.
>>
>>24735301

>heracross has base 40 Special attack
>pinsir has base 55
>mega pinsir has base 65

Give me a single reason why this happened. It's fucking retarded.
>>
>>24737928
specs pinsir XD
>>
>>24737928
Heracross is minmaxed to shit. It's literally just better Pinsir.
>exact same attack and speed
>lower special attack
>higher defences
>fighting subtype
>mega horn
>>
>>24737928
Pinsir was designed in Gen I, and its Special was 55 just like Scyther. If Heracross existed back in Gen I, it would got 55 Special too (and then just 80 Special Defense).

Also, MHeracross lost speed in favor of Bulk, 80/115/105 is good but not great, and it lacks recovery.

>>24737986
Pinsir Bulk is lower than Heracross because its HP, not defenses. Pinsir 65/100/70 versus Heracross 80/75/95. Just by the difference in Special Attack.

But yes, it was basically designed as a better Pinsir. Still, MPinsir is a monster and even when everyone says that it's outright outclassed by Salamence, Pinsir have both Quick Attack and Feint, the latter being legit in Doubles.

Also, Salamence lacks Close Combat, Stone Edge and Swords Dance.
>>
>>24737986

Pinsir needs a ground typing and megahorn. This shit sinks.

Also poor that extra special attack into HP.

Then we would be good.
>>
>>24737928

because megas gain 100 bst, and most of them have some of those points dumped arbitrarily so that they're not too strong. same reason mega gardevoir gains extra attack.
>>
>>24737577

>hit me with your best shot

rock blast kills
>>
>>24738044

I mean it gets OHKO'd by quick attack so it doesn't really matter
>>
>>24738041

I saw more complaining that for no reason regular pinsirs special attack was higher, just to make heracross stand out more it has less special attack. Mega heracross has its special attack increased at all either despite a massive base 185 attack.

I know its not as good, but I doubt gamefreak really knows balance.
>>
>>24738072

mega hera also has its speed reduced, while pinsir is dramatically increased.

stop making 1 to 1 comparisons between pokemon with different fucking roles in a fucking team based game you idiot.
>>
>>24738090

The regular versions hold the same niche you chode. But heracross has to be better for no fucking reason.
>>
>>24738097

where the fuck did i mention the regular versions in either of my posts? I am strictly talking about the megas, and the post you responded to is about megas.
>>
>>24738125

You should read my first sentence.
>>
>>24738142

which has nothing to do with my post. other people have responded to that, while i'm specifically addressing the points about megas.
>>
>>24737689
Don't judge a book by it's cover.
>>
>>24735301
pinsir is a bro so ye
>>
File: Mega Pinsir reference.jpg (31 KB, 599x402) Image search: [Google]
Mega Pinsir reference.jpg
31 KB, 599x402
>>24735301
I'm 99% sure that it's a Kamen Rider reference, so it's automatically bro as fuck.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.