[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watch the ashnime dub as background noise when there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1376307212408.png (88 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1376307212408.png
88 KB, 320x287
>watch the ashnime dub as background noise when there's nothing else to play
>everyone says the sub is way better and the dub somehow ruins it
>watch the sub
>it's the same fucking thing with maybe slightly better music

ashnimefags, never again
>>
dumn pooh poster
>>
>>24734163
I'LL
>>
Hello arc - v shitposter
>>
>>24734163
>watching any anime ever in any language
>>
>>24734515
I watch the dub of arc v too. It's not that bad.
>>
>>24734163
Most of /vp/ watches the ashnime exclusively. They don't know any better.
>>
>>24734236
CATCH
>>
>>24734771
'EM
>>
>>24734163
at least you learned your lesson
they've been deluding themselves thinking the anime will get better for ages
I remember the hype over team rocket going serious mode and then they went back to the same shit
>>
>>24734163
Weaboos have shit taste. More news at 11.
>>
File: 1383606696095.jpg (28 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1383606696095.jpg
28 KB, 350x350
>>24734163
Nobody even knows what you're talking about you shitlord, kill yourself.
>>
File: 1448591140699.jpg (8 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
1448591140699.jpg
8 KB, 227x222
>>24734163

It's funny because even when /vp/ considers the dub, they say that fucking 4kids were the better ones at doing the dub. The current TPCI dubs may seem shitty but after trying to rewatch the first few seasons dubbed by 4kids, at lest it's not going the hardest way to censor and alter the orginal material to high hell. It's Current Disney XD bad.

I know nostalgia feels good and all while the current dubs aren't the best, but try not getting to the point that you're seriously sticking your head up your ass.
>>
>>24734163
Just watch Indigo League. It's the only time the show was actually good.
>>
>>24736009
No, it's what you grew up with. You have rose-colored glasses for it.
>>
>>24735634
>4Kids tried hardest to censor everything

The Flaming Moltres joke? James saying Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil backwards while stuck in his Victreebell's mouth? 10 year old protagonist Ash Ketchum literally fucking dying for an entire episode because of Ghost-types playing pranks? Things back then were more localization heavy, but it had its own charm and occasionally ess kid friendly humor at the same time.
>>
File: 4573.gif (449 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
4573.gif
449 KB, 500x354
What happened to all the guns?

Seriously, there were guns everywhere early on, and they all just disappeared.
>>
>>24734576
>Dub Yuto
>Dub background music
>Dub Anyone who isnt Nico, Yuzu, Sawatari, Yoko, and Yuya
>>
>>24734163

>ashnime

As if I needed more proof of your shit taste.
>>
>>24736063
Too violent shitlord go join isil or something :(
>>
>>24736025
I've watched some of it recently and it had the exact same charm I loved it for all those years ago.

It took an otherwise lifeless pixelated land like Kanto and made its own world out of it full of adventure and actually enjoyable filler shenanigans. It wasn't about Ash getting to the next gym and all the annoying shit that got in the way of that. It was a classic about his journey as a beginning Pokemon Trainer and his underdog pals he rounded up as he learned about Pokemon and the world he lived in while striving to be the best. The goal is still there, but none of the more cocky gotta catch em all personality he used to have. The show has absolutely failed to (how fitting) evolve unlike the actual games it takes inspiration from recycling even more of the basic formula than even they do with the most it's done is recently having begun having actual good action scenes as late as 2013.
>>
>>24736249
>Anyone who isn't Yuya

Wow fuck off Yuya's VA is the same as Clemont in XY and it's unfitting as all hell and sounds like shit
>>
>>24736249
>dub background music

Oh, come the fuck on. Arc-V Sound Duel is perfect. There's absolutely no reason to change it whatsoever.
>>
>>24736478
But 4k doesnt want to give royalties
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.