[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gen V has the best designs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: 1447160493771.jpg (67 KB, 554x414) Image search: [Google]
1447160493771.jpg
67 KB, 554x414
>gen V has the best designs
>>
File: maturity.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maturity.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>Gen 5 has the worst designs
>>
>>24731401
>the only way I to defend gen V is posting something not related
>>
>>24731450
>the only way I prove gen V has the worst design is by posting a reaction image
>>
>>24731462
Not OP try again.
>>
>>24731450
>having to defend something that isn't even being criticized

Critique != Saying its shit.
>>
At least they are way better than gen 1 I'll give them that.
>>
>>24731466
>the only way I prove gen V has the worst design is by pointing out how other people defend it
>>
>still arguing over gen designs
>>
>>24731489
>still talking about people arguing about gen designs
>>
OP i like gen V as much as you do but seriously, gen V designs fucking sucked for the most part, they were ripoffs of gen 1 pokemon

again, i like gen V so don't come here whining lol gtfo genwuner
>>
>>24731495
>thinking OP likes gen V
>>
File: 1436127717120 (1).jpg (1 MB, 3685x2400) Image search: [Google]
1436127717120 (1).jpg
1 MB, 3685x2400
>>24731495
>still shitting on pokemon designs
have a bigger load of it
>>
>>24731512
That second last one though
>>
>>24731512
The fuck is Shellder doing there?
>>
The Genfivurr Fallacy

When engaging in debate with the children that are Gen V fans, it is important to realise the juvenile mental tricks they will try to sprinkle through their argument. More well known fallacies they will use are the appeal to emotion, strawmen and ad hominem. The Genfivurr Fallacy, however, is the most common fallacy they will use.

The Genfivurr Fallacy can simply be defined as follows:
>Thinking that describing something automatically makes it good

Examples of The Genfivurr Fallacy:

>Conkeldurr is so cool. Everyone says he's terrible, but they just don't realise that he's a clown with bulging veins that's able to dual wield concrete pillars.
>Why do people say Vanilluxe is the dumbest pokemon in existence? It's not actually ice cream, it's just ice and snow that looks like ice cream!
>It's a samurai ottor. It stores its swords in its foreleg armour. It grew a beard.
>Garbodor is a dust bunny. You guys just don't get it.

And so on.

So, next time an Unovembryo posts something like this, you will be able to recognise it and combat accordingly. Happy posting, my anti-UIDF friends.
>>
>>24731512
>yokaimons being shit justifies pokémon being shit
What fucking twisted meme is this?
>>
At least gen V didn't have gardevoir
>>
File: 1448505267903.jpg (18 KB, 428x469) Image search: [Google]
1448505267903.jpg
18 KB, 428x469
>>24731534
And what's the purpose of this? Same can be said about any person trying to defend the design of a gen.
>>
>>24731512
A mix between a clam and a wallet is a pretty cool idea actually.
Also the Yo-Kai versions of Dunsparce look fucking great.
>>
>>24731512
Youkai watch has way too many copy pastes
Sure Pokemon also has them but YW's so obvious like the two sneks in the bottom row.
>>
>>24731495
>ripoffs of gen 1 pokemon
Better than giving in to the genwunners and just placing Pidgeys and Ratattas everywhere.

Gen 5 was the start of something new in a region that isn't Japan, so having completely different pokemon made sense. Then we got Kalos and ruined what Unova started.
>>
>>24731614
>the shitty designs were made on purpose
>>
File: 20151128_100146.jpg (899 KB, 992x1764) Image search: [Google]
20151128_100146.jpg
899 KB, 992x1764
>>24731583
what the shitposter doesn't tell you about them is that they're like shinies
>>
>>24731712
Bullshit. They all have completely different stats and abilities. Different personalities in a lot of cases, too.
>>
>>24731512
Youkai Watch makes me sad.
They have some really nice designs but like right next to them are also some of the most retarded.
>>
>>24731512
That delinquent cat looks pretty cool though.
>>
>>24731512
Off tangent. Youkai are meant look like youkai. They have different artstyle/direction from pokemon
>>
>>24731532
That's an item.
>>
>>24731512
These are fine for what they are. I get why you'd compare them to Pokemon, but they aren't going for the same look or feel.
>>
>>24731534
>children
Delusion runs deep, huh? Children are fans of every Pokemon game. Only adults are stupid enough to bicker over which one's the best.
>>
>>24731378
Every generation has a load of good and bad designs so arguing about which one was the worst is stupid.

On the other hand...
>Gen V has the best story
martha_speaks_read_a_book_nigger.jpg
>>
>>24731401
Please stop spamming this shit
>>
>Hating on Volcarona
fuck all of you
>>
>>24735066
How bout we all stop arguing over "best" gen designs
>>
>>24735605
gen 5 saved the bug type
>>
>>24735618
Don't you know that pointless drama is what keeps /vp/ alive?
>>
Johto and Unova got the best designs
>>
Gen V doesn't have the best designs, but it certainly doesn't have the worst. Now all of you shut the fuck up.

>>24731512
>something is justified being shit just because there's something shittier

Fuck off.
>>
>>24731534
>only underage can like Gen V for the 1000th time

Fuck off and kill yourself, you retarded antifaggot.
>>
>>24735605
Shitting on Volcarona automatically invaldiates one's shit opinions.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 267x177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 267x177
>this entire thread
>>
>>24735907
>Gen V doesn't have the best designs, but it certainly doesn't have the worst.
Actually it has both.

Gen V is special in that it has almost no mediocre Pokemon designs. They're almost all either great or terrible. The only real consistent thing as far as Gen V's quality goes is that the bugs are all great.
>>
>>24735979
>Actually, it has both.

I know. It has both the most consistently good and colorful designs, but is also held back by a ton of shit retards automatically use to generalize it.
>>
>>24731534
The Gen V Fallacy

When engaging in debate with the children that are Gen V fans, it is important to realise the juvenile mental tricks they will try to sprinkle through their argument. More well known fallacies they will use are the appeal to emotion, strawmen and ad hominem. The Gen V Fallacy, however, is the most common fallacy they will use.

The Gen V Fallacy can simply be defined as follows:
>Thinking that describing something automatically makes it good

Examples of The Gen V Fallacy:

>Conkeldurr is so cool. Everyone says he's terrible, but they just don't realise that he's a clown with bulging veins that's able to dual wield concrete pillars.
>Why do people say Vanilluxe is the dumbest pokemon in existence? It's not actually ice cream, it's just ice and snow that looks like ice cream!
>It's a samurai ottor. It stores its swords in its foreleg armour. It grew a beard.
>Garbodor is a dust bunny. You guys just don't get it.

And so on.

So, next time an Unovabortion posts something like this, you will be able to recognise it and combat accordingly. Happy posting, my anti-UIDF friends.
>>
>>24736088
XD
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 201x251
>>24731534
BTFO
>>
>>24736088
EPIC LOL
>>
>inciting genwars
>>
>>24736088
>>24731534
Made this pasta AMA
>>
>>24733741
This.
>>
>>24731512
And here I thought Pokemon designs were ugly. Keep up the work anon.
>>
>>24731378
>muh opinions are facts
Fucking kids..
>>
>>24736120
So basically, you want me to choose a favorite that isn't as popular so that I can be a special snowflake? Who cares what other kids liked? Charizard has tons of meaning to me.

My first starter went along with my love of dragons. I'm a martial artist, and learned at a young age about the power and confidence of dragons in myth. I was (and still kind of am) a hothead, so I always gelled with Fire as an element, and Charmander was the natural choice for me. My dad even surprised me with the Red version *specifically* when we couldn't find the game during the original Pokemon hype because he knew those things about me. It's kind of how I was raised.

In the anime, his standoffish BS really mirrors my own edgy crap as a teenager. Nice, timid kid gets stronger and toughens up but is a total shit about it, eventually gets over himself and becomes a loyal bro. Shit was my "coming of age" to a T.

My friends all know/knew that Charizard was my ace, and agreed that it suited me. Everyone knew that I just "fit" with Charizard and questioned any time I benched him to try out other 'mon. Hell, when Charizard X was first announced, we all thought it was perfect that his color scheme matched the colors I use in my own business and am usually sporting: black and blue.

It may sound corny, but so is that shit about Gyarados "representing the ascension of the underdog" or Marowak "overcoming past and tribulations."

Charizard is just my favorite Pokemon, Anon. I don't see why that's such a fucking problem for people.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.