[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best/worst ROM hacks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
What are the best/worst ROM hacks?
>>
>>24726861
Cringe.
>>
File: rescueRangers.png (631 KB, 2152x2232) Image search: [Google]
rescueRangers.png
631 KB, 2152x2232
Glazed is pretty good, but the level curve is a little awkward.
Snakewood, as you posted, is so bad it's good. The humor is kind of cringeworthy but in a funny way.
Rescue Rangers would be so bad it's good, but it crosses the line into just plain bad. Pic related.
>>
>>24726861
Pokemon Clover :^)
>>
>>24727228
Holy fucking shit what kind of nigger-licking fucktard would take the time out of their miserable lives to hack a game for no purpose but to stroke their own cocks
>>
>>24727228
Blazed Glazed apparently fixes some of the level curve.
>>
>>24726861
Rising Ruby is the best ROM hack I've played in a long time, but the buffs are too conservative.
>>
the best romhacks i've played are glazed and light platinum

have yet to play any other romhack with a custom/new world and gyms and etc that was as good.

pokemon resolute would be good but the translation/writing is hilariously bad. a shame because the variety of mons in it is good (has 1-6)
>>
>>24727639
Is Resolute better than Victory Fire?
>>
What romhacks have totally new regions that aren't broken shit and not fun to play
>>
>>24727662
i didn't play much of victory fire, got pretty far in resolute

be warned though; the writing and translation really is horrible.

>>24727673
glazed and light platinum are probably your best bet
>>
>>24727678
As far as I know, they're something of a series? I'm 5 gyms into Victory Fire, and they just introduced Megas.
Oh, yeah, the writing and such is awful. Does the hacker ever figure out that there's supposed to be a space after punctuation?
>>
Pokemon Vega is probably the best there is.
What other romhack has
>an actual complete, new region
>good fakemon
>along with Pokemon from the first 5 gens
>an almost entirely new soundtrack
>actual challenge that isn't just reworking levels
>new story and characters that aren't entirely cringeworthy like most other hacks
>new moves
>actual gym and dungeon puzzles
all in one ROM?

I'm sure Procyon and Deneb would've been even better if work on them didn't stop.
>>
File: WITH SPARKLY EYES.png (161 KB, 472x359) Image search: [Google]
WITH SPARKLY EYES.png
161 KB, 472x359
>>24727228
As the person who did the playthrough in your image, I'd call Rescue Rangers so bad it's good other than that fucking end tower. There's shit out there that's a lot worse, like that Pokémon Adventures Yellow hack (the one by c067912881, not the Aestheode hack which seems to just be mediocre) that crashes every two steps yet someone is considered complete enough for its alpha to be in the completed hacks forum on Pokécommunity. Rescue Rangers is just amazing in its dialogue, and the level curve is pretty funny too until it gets so sharp that you have to cheat to win because you can't leave to grind because after you enter that fucking tower all the scripts in the hub town break and you can never make it back to the island with the tower.

As for best ROMhacks, Brown is old but good (anyone hear the news that Prism is going to have Fakemon? Only five out of 253 but still, that's a pretty controversial decision to make and reveal 7+ years into development), Dark Energy has a bad start but becomes good a couple hours in (and still has good bits in those first couple hours), Bronze is an alright vanilla hack, Maize and Gaia are both in development but I enjoyed what I played of their betas (still need to finish the Gaia beta, I was playing for /vp/ but took a break due to a glitch that's since been fixed), those are just a few off the top of my head.
>>
>>24727868
Bronze is probably one of the romhacks I enjoyed more other than lolmissingno.
>>
>>24726861
The legend that is Quartz
>>
I'm playing Gaia right now and I'm having fun with it
>>
File: 1432740281530.gif (2 MB, 396x240) Image search: [Google]
1432740281530.gif
2 MB, 396x240
>TFW super rising thunder will never EVER get an update
>>
Is there a hack that has no crits
I don't even care about the rest of the game
I just really really really fucking hate critical hits
>>
>>24729511
Make it yourself
>>
File: 1447357338919.png (145 KB, 298x296) Image search: [Google]
1447357338919.png
145 KB, 298x296
>>24727743
>good fakemon
>>
>>24726861
Red++ is really fun
>>
>>24729775
mateo stop shilling
>>
Are there any hacks where HGSS were done right?
>>
File: quartz.png (393 KB, 640x3913) Image search: [Google]
quartz.png
393 KB, 640x3913
What's your favourite Quartzmon, /vp/?
>>
>>24729857
the one with neon colours and pillow shading
>>
Pokemon snakewood is probably my favourite hack, it's so silly and retarded that it's actually fun.

I actually played rescue rangers, I dropped shortly after that bullshit giratina battle that I won by spamming mud slap and stalling for PP, he killed himself. I dropped exactly when they give you not-pokeballs.

Also I played and finished ruby destiny, somehow.

Are there other silly hacks? I don't mind cringe worthy humor.
>>
I really like BlazeBlack/VoltWhite and their sequels. I'm not a fan of romhacks that completely change the game, I just like ones that add more difficulty and fix some Pokemon.
>>
>>24726861
Pokémon Luso Red is pretty cool.
>>
>>24729857

Dendrock will always have a special place in my heart.

I should go catch Garotao. Is there a way to get the national dex and catch the apparently misssing fakemon?
>>
>>24729511
>pokemon pro mod
>all crits removed
>all status RNG is normalized to guaranteed hits and then balanced with very short/single-turn durations and a new resource system
>>
>>24729857
Angry Green Egg seems like a bro, but slap an Everstone on that thing.
>>
File: quartzmon.png (2 KB, 128x64) Image search: [Google]
quartzmon.png
2 KB, 128x64
>>24729857
Tostol and Sneetchy are pretty cool.
>>
>>24727868
Oh hey. You been catching the Rejuvenation threads?
>>
>>24729857
God I'm glad i didnt play this game. fucking ugl;y designs and amateur pillowshading.

Pillowshading does not make realsitic Pokemon sprites. They'd even be better off flat color
>>
>>24729857
>angry pillar
>frayed knot
>spiky ballsack
>muscly bunny with shades
>ice climber
fucking classic
>>
>>24726861
The Entirety of Ruby Destiny (especially Rescue Rangers) is pretty shit IMO. Rescue Rangers suffers especially since it's just wish fulfillment.
>>
>fucking hate fakemon in hacks
>enjoy edited typings, movepools and abilities

I feel wishy washy.
>>
what are the best fangames?
>>
>>24730358
I liked Life of Guardians
>>
>>24727627
Too bad most people won't be able to play it
>>
>>24727228
Wow, I'm glad I was never able to finish that game, that shit is just fucking ridiculous. I had a script bug out on me, preventing me from getting Rock Smash at all so I was stuck forever.
I used WTW to get past it, but when I fought the legendaries, the game crashed after I beat them because I apparently repeated a script or something.

>>24729857
Ordkip and Tanord; I drew them once and I ended up liking their designs.
Heck, if all the Quartzmons were drawn better, they'd be pretty decent imo:
http://beykex.deviantart.com/gallery/50634779/Corna-Dex-Redesign
>>
ORAS
>>
Best : Pokemon BROWN by COOLBOYMAN
. The region in Pokemon Brown is called RIJON. IT'S THE RIJON REGION.

Worst: Any of that try-hard edgy shit with real "writers" like Pokemon Reborn.
>>
>>24731138
Bad writing doesn't automatically make a game completely bad though.
Reborn is excellent even if only in pure battling.
>>
File: PKMN_RD_RR_all_legendaries.png (19 KB, 701x64) Image search: [Google]
PKMN_RD_RR_all_legendaries.png
19 KB, 701x64
All the legendaries in the Ruby Destiny series wouldn't be as bad if they weren't so inconsistent sprite-wise, had better BST and not played up as the greatest thing since sliced bread.
>>
Am I the only one who noticed that OP's screenshot is from Pokémon Snakewood?
>>
>>24731736
Nope.
>>
File: shoot me.png (9 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
shoot me.png
9 KB, 240x160
>>24731395
I still cannot understand why Jagold made that awful-looking cat thing with the Shedinja halo and said it was an alternate forme of Cresselia. How does it even resemble the moon?

I'll still take the RR Legendaries over the LoG Legendaries, which has literally Dark Pit in it.
>>
File: jagold2.png (13 KB, 512x136) Image search: [Google]
jagold2.png
13 KB, 512x136
>>24732120
Also Jagold looks like a nice guy from what I've seen, he seems pretty embarrassed at his hacks, at least the first two.
>>
Light Platinum was awesome. I spent like a month in my free time going around and catching all the legends post-game.
Liquid Crystal was fun, it's Crystal on Gen III with the Phys/Special Split.
All of Drayano's stuff tends to be awesome.
Currently playing Bloody Platinum, would recommend. Not as edgy as the name suggests, just a re-skinned "Difficulty+459" hack
>>
>>24729857
FREECH
R
E
E
C
H

ICE BEAM AND RECOVER SPAM YEAH BABY
>>
>>24731395

I'm amazed anyone even remembers Lunar Knights, let alone ripped off some of its designs.
>>
File: tumblr_nq9cczCBky1tfyu3oo2_541.png (205 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq9cczCBky1tfyu3oo2_541.png
205 KB, 500x800
>>24729775
You made a really cool Rom, Mateo.
Way to go.
>>
File: 1434575978456.png (90 KB, 224x183) Image search: [Google]
1434575978456.png
90 KB, 224x183
>>24730554
Why not? Now I need it. Give to me.
>>
>>24730554
This to be honest, family.
>>
Am i fucking retarded or can you not patch emerald roms to work with Glazed now? The only rom i can even find of it is by Trashman and his isn't compatible
>>
>>24732350
check the dropbox in nuzlocke general
I have a patched rom in there, as well as one for Blazed Glazed (a glazed edit with balanced level curve and wild mon distributions)
>>
Remember that "The True Side of the Moon" shit or whatever it was called? If it weren't for the creator deliberately making it as tryhard as possible along throwing in damn screamers as a joke, I'd try it out.

Sentret is an early available mon with an exploit for getting multiple starters in a hilarious maximum edge story involving a Nidorino? Sign me up.
>>
>>24732408
Oh yeah, it also stole Sagemons iirc
>>
>>24732243
I've never heard of Lunar Knights, but wow, I can't believe he ripped those designs off.

Makes me wonder if the others are ripped off too.
>>
Didn't there used to be a Pastebin for this?
>>
>>24734350
pastebin.com/hMRJR8KX

It's like a year old though.
>>
>>24727228
>Snakewood, as you posted, is so bad it's good
It's so bad it's bad.

It tried so hard to be something in the first hour or so, then it de-evolves into shitty jokes, ditches the plot, starts bringing in memes and unwinnable fights. And the ending is glitched and incomplete. That one cave maze is also impossible and tedious for no reason. Prime example of romhacker retardation.

An example of a GOOD romhack was Identity. Story aside, its clever use of scripting (visiting the pokecenter at night required the nurse to appear in her sleep clothes from the back room) and in engine cutscenes were genius. It's a shame he quit romhacking.
>>
>>24727627
what's in it?
>>
What's the best hg/ss romhack?
>>
>>24729857
What the fuck are those Unown formes?
>>
>>24734945
Sacred Gold/Storm Silver by Drayano.
Fight me faggots, I'm ready.
>>
>>24731395
Doesn't one of the legendaries in Rescue Rangers have like 255 base stats in everything?
>>
>>24729857
muthafuckin bobeguin
>>
File: drahago.png (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
drahago.png
85 KB, 500x500
>>24729857
This thing.
>>
Is there a good, simple romhack with Gen I-V available with different gen sprites that don't look jarring alongside each other? I don't mind missing out on Gen VI Pokemon.
>>
>>24735897
Kanto Black is basically FireRed but Kanto mons become Unova mons and Sevii Island mons become Kalos mons. It's pretty gr8.
>>
>>24735580
Yeah, I think it's Chaomega (green one second in line) that has those stats.
>>
>>24736820
And you're expected to fight it with a team of unevolved pokemon?
>>
>>24736829
Basically, but he can't do shit because his new and like only move is bugged and does like 2 hp damage
>>
>>24736829
Later on in the game (before the fight), you'll be able to switch out your party for mons you can catch. The issue is:

>they go to the PC, which is only available in town, and going there to get your mons could break the scripts and make it unwinnable (can never go back to the area where the fight happens)

>any mon you catch is at a low level (even legendaries), so you have to grind the hell out of them with the shit encounter rates
>>
>>24736924
and going off >>24727228 i can understand why he said "fuck this"
>>
As someone who doesn't own a 3DS any good hacks to play?
Already played both Blazeblack and found them enjoyable and challenging.
>>
>>24730337
Pillowshading?
>>
>>24736183
I meant all 5 previous generations.
>>
Blazblack and Voltwhite are complete shit. The rotation battles are horrible, especially the grass gym at the start. It uses stealth rock and then spams status ailments, and they have 6 Pokémon in a rotation battle, all who can heal and spam status. It's bullshit, rotation battles have always been bullshit, and that ruined the game for me.
>>
File: SMDVCsx.png (9 KB, 618x281) Image search: [Google]
SMDVCsx.png
9 KB, 618x281
>>24736961
>>
File: 1431015465830.png (472 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1431015465830.png
472 KB, 640x480
Dear /vp/

If I were ever to make a hack with an original story -donut steal- that doesn't follow the usual formula that the offical games are known for, what should I avoid doing? Where is the line into edgydom that must not be crossed? Any tips?
>>
File: PokemonRubyDestiny_76.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
PokemonRubyDestiny_76.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>24737189
Don't do dark/shadow pokemon, especially shadow Lugia; it's really overused.
>>
>>24737189
no shadow pokemon
no creator self-inserts
no creepypasta-tier edgy dialogue and scripts (swearing, killing people) or sprite edits (blood, skulls etc)
>>
>>24737189
Please little-to-no (preferably no) hamfisted parallels to Catholicism. Not even that stupid "Oh my Arceus!" crap. It's fucking cringe. Also try reviewing your story to make sure it has as little plotholes as possible and also that it can be taken seriously.

Also please, please don't make the story interrupt the flow of gameplay too much. This is a problem these days that happens in both fangames and the official games.
>>
>>24737189
Basically anything that would take it out of an E for Everyone rating. Pokemon is a franchise for everyone, and putting anything in it that tries to make it "more mature" is just going to look edgy, considering the sprites are all cutesy-wutesy and then a dialogue box pops up with someone swearing. It just doesn't work. Blood doesn't work either, or death. It's too much of a heavy subject to be conveyed properly in the medium of a pokemon hack.

If you want to do something different from the basic formula I'd suggest something along the lines of a game where you play as a member of a villain team that opens with the kidnapping of a pokemon from a young trainer, after which your character sees how sad this pokemon is, combined with how upset the trainer was and decides to desert the team and reunite the two of them, and while following the trail of the young trainer, you end up foiling the plots of your former allies in a set up similar to a gym circuit. Every town with a big plot has you busting up an op and stealing some kind of keycode or something from the boss that will allow you to access the main base and take down the leader, at which point you'll find the trainer already there, return his pokemon and take on the leader in a team battle. Follow that up by finding out that he's already become Champion and challenges you to come face him to prove that you really are a good person, and he gives you a pass to enter Victory Road. Post game can include a high level circuit of the regions gyms that you'll be able to face to earn the badges and perhaps a mini-quest to find and shut down any remaining cells of your former team mates that are still operating.
>>
>>24737189
Don't make the difficulty too hard (like spamming double team on movesets or giving characters several legendaries).
You can make it a little harder, but at least make it beatable and not impossible.

If you have fakemon legends, don't make them have really high BST, or play them up as better than Arceus, or tie their backstory to it (like counterpart, etc.)

Also: make your OWN content. Imo, I don't like seeing the same sprites from the original games, especially when they're edited really poorly. Same with music; don't use music from other games (like Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians did).
And always test your hack and fix any and all bugs if you can so that you don't end up with >>24727228
>>
>>24732301
You need to have a homebrew enabled 3DS, which is impossible if you're above a certain firmware
>>
>>24735580
You're thinking of the final boss of Life of Guardians, which is six Legendaries (one of which being the Ruby Destiny, whatever that is, and the other the Sapphire Destiny, also seemingly not explained). Chaomega has a BST of 1240, specifically 220/150/220/170/230/250

>>24736829
In Rescue Rangers you're allowed to (finally) switch up your team after you get to the island with Bretherna and the Tower of Destiny. I swapped Torchic for Groudon and Chikorita for Shaymin (which has 120/120/120/120/120/120 stats instead of its usual spread), your vanilla team fully evolved is Pikachu/Chikorita/Torchic/Espeon/Swellow/Dragonite.
>>
>>24737375
>>24737432
>>24737461
This is all good, thanks.

Being honest, I wasn't thinking of making it all that plot heavy, just something different to the usual-
>Player starts in small town
>Player gets a starter from local professor
>Player goes and gets a bunch of gym badges
>Elite Four, then champion
-Kind of deal, y'know? That's not to say I wouldn't include any of the above stuff at all.

It's just that most fangames/ROMhacks with stories that deviate from the usual formula seem to fall under the curse of being an edgy shitfest, and I wouldn't want to fall into that crowd.
>>
>>24737328
I'd actually be interested in a hack with shadow Pokémon if it came with all the mechanics of Colosseum (a stat for purification, can't level up until purified where all your Exp comes up at once, shadow moves that go away upon purification, Snag Balls that only work against Shadow Pokémon).
>>
>>24737056
git gud
>>
Pokemon Insurgence, Pokemon Zeta/Omicron, Pokemon Reborn, they're all good games, though not Rom Hacks

Pokemon Eevee edition turns Pokemon into a Final Fantasy RPG, and steals all the music from FF8
>>
>>24737189
By not doing it at all.
>>
>>24737432
Anon, this is one of the best story ideas I've seen for a ROM hack in my life. Why are you posting it and not making your own hack already? Someone's probably gonna steal it.
>>
>>24737432
>having to fight villian team mooks
>every town
Besides, every "twist" on the formula always feels out of place when it comes to fanmade stuff. I say stick to the basic outline.
>>
File: blackbox.jpg (14 KB, 202x181) Image search: [Google]
blackbox.jpg
14 KB, 202x181
>>24737749
Gamefreak did it and this board loved it.
>>
>>24737770
I meant the plot. You're still a kid going around, meeting people, having rivals/friends, beating leaders, and an enemy team. N was the only outlier, but he still fit into it. Also forgive me for this bias, but I feel that if anyone else but Gamefreak did it or if it was unnofficial, I'd see it as poorly executed.
>>
Why does /vp/ hate Red++?
>>
>>24737749
>>24737794
The thing is, I don't see the point in making a fangame/ROMhack with just the regular outline. [Unless at least most of the Pokemon are fakemon or something], otherwise, where's the appeal? What makes it stand apart from the official games which almost certainly are better than anything some fan could whip up in his bedroom?
>>
>>24737915
>the official games which almost certainly are better than anything some fan could whip up in his bedroom?
Nope. You could whip up something better then an official game if you really tried. Gamefreak wasn't some based dev that suddenly became retarded/worse than Bioware/EA/whatever when Gen VI rolled around. They were always on the incompetent side, both coding and game design wise.

You just gotta have more self-confidence anon.
>>
File: 1447706695518.jpg (3 KB, 197x206) Image search: [Google]
1447706695518.jpg
3 KB, 197x206
>>24735545
>doing a nuzlocke of sacred gold
>reach the first gym
>send out wooper to fight swablu
>swablu uses solar beam
>it's holding power herb
>>
>>24737189
Even though a lot of people are advocating for a less edgy approach to a game, there will inevitably be edge if you focus on anything other than the 8 gyms-champion stuff.

Even >>24737432 tries too hard to blend the main formula and just edgy villiain bullshit together, at least from the perspective of someone who wants these games to be purely 7+.

I'd actually recommend just not caring about how 'edgy' the game is (seeing as it is an overused criticism and barely applicable in most instances - I mean, fuck, even the original RBY had a lot of edgy moments [Lavender Town, TR, your rival, Koga, etc] if you really want to cherrypick) and just trying to make your own story. How about an alien invasion? Deoxys, Parasect, and Clefable/fairy are a few instances where aliens interact with the Pokemon world, why not base a story around a bunch of Pokemon infected/possessed by an alien virus? How about a game where you get to be a detective and go around solving crimes with your trusty Pokemon without any overarching plot, and no final boss? How about a game where a new region is discovered, and you're a spelunker looking for new rarities, with the bosses or enemies just being really strong Pokemon in the wild?

Most people really try to stick to the main outline because they think it's weird when the games deviate from it but that doesn't explain the success and niche of the Colosseum games or PMD. In the end, its the gameplay that should truly matter, and even if that involves Shadow/Dark Lugia, self-inserts, death/murder or whatever, then so be it. This is one of the main things people fail to realize about games like Reborn - despite being deviantart tier in terms of story, the expansion on the mechanics of how battles work is genius and the world itself is large and full of things to do.

tl;dr, don't care too much about the story (but don't care if it doesn't fit the main outline) but expand upon the mechanics and creativity of the gameplay
>>
what sort of things make a pokemon battle challenging without being annoyingly difficult?

i feel like it would be plausable to keep the early game parts challenging but at some point the player will have access to 6 pokemon that will all be pretty good vs a theoritical ai with 6 pokemon

obviously you could limit selection (no psuedo legendaries till after elite 4, sparse placement of things like evolution stones, limit money) but how do you make the ai trainers actually a challenge?
>>
Worst: Pokémon Dark Cry.

Whole thing reads like a retard wrote all the dialogue.
>>
>>24738081
try to make it difficult by giving NPC enemies strategy, not level advantage that makes grinding necessary. If it's a fire type gym leader, give them a sun team, etc.
>>
>>24738081
The best thing to do is to give them movesets that are legit threatening.

Like, say I'm fighting a dude with a chatot relatively late game. I send out my eelektross to beat it. Suddenly, out of fucking nowhere, I get hit with Boomburst and eelektross takes a shitload of damage/is knocked out.

For gym leaders, up the strategy. If a gym leader uses chatot, give it chatter. Make it 6IV. Give it a life orb. Give it nasty plot (and make sure to lock Set battle style to make all trainer fights slightly harder).

You could also try other methods. Maybe you can make a copy of Chatot, increase the BST slightly, and make this copy exclusive to said gym leader. Make a weather effect or field effect where sound moves get boosted, or use something like strong winds to negate weaknesses. These are strong trainers who should have an advantage on you, due to how many more years they've been doing this, why not expand upon this advantage?

Maybe give random trainers healing items like Revives or Potions, or even X items and full heals. Or have the trainer class impact the battle - bikers could make your pokemon use more pp, athletes could have their Pokemon have a slightly higher priority bracket, hikers could have their Pokemon get an increase in Attack when they switch in when you fight them in Rocky conditions, skiiers could have their Pokemon get an increase in defense in icy conditions, etc
>>
Anything destinedjagold is destined to have the greatest ideas with the worst execution in history.

I will never forget how you suddenly decide not to be evil because thats where the author got lazy.
>>
>>24729857
>Fire/Grass scorched stump
I'm still waiting for a real Fire/Grass type.
>>
>>24737432
>you play as a member of a villain team that opens with the kidnapping of a pokemon from a young trainer, after which your character sees how sad this pokemon is, combined with how upset the trainer was and decides to desert the team and reunite the two of them, and while following the trail of the young trainer, you end up foiling the plots of your former allies
...so, basically pic related?
>>
>>24738224
Why does that castform have huge tits?
>>
>>24738238
Obviously because it's a female Castform.
>>
>>24727627
I felt the same, which is why I made my own changes as well. pk3ds makes editing as easy as breathing.
>>24734699
Every Pokemon in the game is obtainable, large scale trainer roster changes to increase variety and difficulty, moveset changes, stat buffs to weaker Pokemon.
>>
>>24738185
>random NPC trainers get potions
I played through a hack that did this. It was incredibly annoying. Don't do this.
>>
>>24737846
I think it's because Mateo made a few threads about the game so now people assuming anyone mentioning the game is Mateo himself.

>>24738699
If I ever finish a hack, I want to add a code that lets me give the Champion Revives
>>
Help me out, anons:

There's a hack I saw years ago that I've been trying to find again for a long time. All I can remember is the beginning, which had a weirdly designed lab with tons of staircases, a maid that said her job was to clean said stairs, and a professor named Willow. The grammar in it was poor and a number of words were misspelled, particularly 'beginning' being spelled with three Gs. It was a Hoenn tileset but an original region, and I think it had Fakemon but I'm not certain of it.

I thought it was Quartz, but examining videos of that tells me otherwise.
>>
>>24738699
Then implement a hard mode where trainers do this. Or reserve it for boss trainers.

Either way, it adds difficulty, which is what the poster asked for.
>>
>>24738728
Revives don't work if you give them to a trainer; they just use it on their pokemon currently out and waste a turn.

I don't think they're meant to be able to use them at all, but it might be possible if you really know how to do some advance coding.
>>
File: youknowitstrue.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
youknowitstrue.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>24726861
I've played quite a lot of romhacks and a recommend the following:
Emerald Omega
Naturia XY
Yet Another Fire Red Hack
Gaia
Red++
Eclipse
All of them have new type chart (with fairys), new attacks, new pokemon, my favorite - physical/special split and many others new mechanics. You should try all of them!
>>
>>24739067
That's what I meant, add a functionality to do it. If I'm going to hack a game I'd want to do Gen 2, which is disassembled so I'd just have to code it normally in assembly, I think.
>>
Can someone recommend me a hack where I can have Vivillon?
>>
>>24739755
You mean different forms of Vivillon, or Vivillon in other games?
>>
>>24738736
Professor Willow is in Glazed I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>24739834
Typical Meadow Vivillon (or any other), I dont have free money for 3DS right now, but I always wanted to try one in a gameplay.
At the moment romhacks seems like the only solution.
>>
>>24739917
You could try using it on Showdown, it's not completely unviable.
>>
>>24739891
Thanks for the tip, but that isn't it. What I'm looking for definitely used the Hoenn tileset.

This thing I'm looking for is fairly ancient now. Don't think I've seen it since 2008.
>>
>>24738699
What hack was this?

>>24739382
I wouldn't recommend YAFRH, but the rest are good.
>>
>>24727627
>Rising Ruby
Norman was hell, but in a good way. Slaking alone will rip you a new one if you don't have a Protect user and ways to debuff or inflict damage over time.
>>
>>24741408
>Norman
>Hell
Fly Staraptor allowed me to set up Sticky Web with my Masquerain and then Chesnaught basically cleaned him of house and home.
>Play Rough Slaking means it wouldn't happen if it weren't for Spiky Shield
Leech Seed + Drain Punch, maybe Drain Punch alone would help me tank since Chesnaught is bulky enough for the job + Sticky Web.

I had more trouble with Winona, and I didn't used the aforementioned two mons for obvious reasons.
>>
>>24741526
Yes, it's hell. Leech Seed trivializes Blissey and Slaking, but if you don't have any statuses up, you're forced to play dance with Slaking. I spent 20 turns of alternating Protect + Rock Slide, and he'll use Slack Off and blow your hard work to waste. Haven't gotten to Winona yet, but if it Megas like what Drayano implied, then Altaria will probably be the only hard one. I have multiple Rock Slide users.

Could be worse though. Slaking could've been packing Giga Impact like in BBVW2.
>>
>>24741689
>Leech Seed
Nah I just Drain Punched Blissey. I don't even know what item it has or what moves it knows. It was a free Max Potion as far as I was concerned. I really don't think a gym is hell if you can beat it by being somewhat prepared for it, and I wouldn't mind some tweaks to Norman, for one, Staraptor not using Fly would have made the fight a whole lot better.

Also you're wrong about Winona. The Gyarados is full-on DD with Wacan Berry, dual STABs and EQ, along with Life Orb Magic Guard Sigilyph ready to mess with your day. Skarmory also has Rock Slide/Power Herb Sky Attack to fuck with whatever you bring it to Sturdy with.

A little unrelated, but would anyone here be interested in seeing something for RR/SS similar to Blazed Glazed where there's more Pokemon changes?
>>
>>24741041
Do you now any other hacks similar to these?
>>
>>24729857
Flying angry hat pillar.
>>
>>24743345
Azure Horizons, Sienna (has fakemon but they're good and no autistic legends)
>>
>>24738185
Also Route Bosses are great ways to create memorable moments in your game. Like Milotic Trainer in Hoenn, or the Snorlax guy in Post-plot Unova.
>>
>>24738038
Agreed. Even though Reborn is pure cringe in terms of story/character design, the gym battles were interesting and challenging enough to keep me playing. Playing around with the field effects was the most fun I've had with a fangame. I'd like to see more hacks try to expand on battle mechanics.
>>
Pokémon Normal, desu. Looks promising and it's got a huge dev team here on /vp/.
>>
How difficult is it to make a romhack that changes particular values of the game?

Say I wanted to change the effectiveness of a type match up, or the BP of the move, or a pokemon's base stats or ability. Would that be particularly easy and doable with the basic toolbox or would it require significantly more knowledge than that?
>>
>>24747962
Assuming you're doing Gen 3, there's at least a gorillion tools for everything.
>>
>>24747962
Not to bad
>>
>>24747986
Are there any for gen V? I really enjoyed BB/VW, and gen V has the largest amount of pokemon, moves, and abilities outside of gen VI which isn't really doable just yet.
>>
>>24746858
>Pokémon Normal

The edgy-as-hell FireRed hack or that guy who made a thread with "hey I want to make a hack but can't code, can you guys do all the work while I be the ideas guy?" If the latter, how the hell did people join him?
>>
>>24737189
I can't stress how important having good music is. Using game music works fine, but make sure everything is chosen carefully.

Also, pay attention to how you build your world. Don't just generate a landmass and slap towns onto it, think about history and culture and what you want players to experience as they go through the world in your game. One of pokemon's core experiences is traveling and finding new places, and you mustn't neglect it. That's the chief reason why I can't stand Pokemon Insurgence and Zeta/Omicron, while Reborn is at least berabl;e because a lot of work was actually put into worldbuilding.

Writing-wise? honestly, you don't have to keep it E for everyone, but you have to exercise discretion with what sort of super cool grown up elements you want to include. Showing a character death onscreen? Why the fuck would it take a gory death seriously considering the graphic style pokemon games use?

Despite XYs flaws, the AZ backstory was one of the most powerful moments in the whole game. compare what the game used:

>The man's beloved pokemon left to take part in the war.
>Several years passed.
>One day, he received a tiny box.

to what a typical fangame would put:

>HURR THE MAN'S POKEMON CAME BACK A BLOODIED CORPSE

I've been playing this stuff around /vp/, so you can ask me more if you want to hear any specific opinions.
>>
>>24748599
Thought I'd tack something onto your post.
Sometimes, it's what you don't show that's important, and subtlety is a good thing to exercise around sensitive subjects (like death). Most players are also smart enough to connect the dots, and don't need the obvious shoved in their face all the time.
>>
What happened to Rainbow Revengence? Did Omen died?
>>
>>24748001
There are enough tools for gen 5 if you just want to change things like stats, moves, types, etc. Type match up is less easily understood, though I think Ninfia eventually put out a type matchup editor on PP but I can't say how it works. You can do this kind of thing in gen 6 as well, provided you have a way to play it.
>>
>>24738238
>>24738332
It's actually a male Castform.
HAHAHAHA!
>>
>>24738081
Force set instead of shift battling.

A level playing field.
Option 1: Both trainers' Pokemon are put to the same level (a la PWT/Subway/etc.).
Option 2: NPC's Pokemons' levels are adjusted to your highest leveled Pokemon.

For Gyms, you could have Leaders who base their sets on actual strats (weather being an obvious one) rather than just spamming a TM.

Fewer Pokemon available on both sides. Make it a 3v3 or a 4v4.

Even at lower levels, make NPCs smarter at switching. Hell, with pretty much all core series games, teach them to switch in the first place (without needing something like U-Turn).

Basically, in a nutshell, Stadium/Stadium2 rules. The obvious difference is that you can easily raise your own Pokemon without an extra cartridge.
>>
>>24732141
To be fair, he isn't a bad guy and is actually a good hacker. That minigame in LoG out of nowhere would've been impossible to most.

He just has a problem with understanding what good gameplay is.
>>
File: Gaia5.png (7 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Gaia5.png
7 KB, 240x160
What are you working on, /heg/ (this is basically /heg/ at this point)

I recently added the nature indicator thing where the boosted stat is red and the decreased one is blue, pic related.
>>
>>24726861
There's this one shitty hack in German in which the team made serious attempts at getting a translator to English.

Really awful backgrounds were put into the battles, for some reason it had Golden Sun scenes with no adjustment to make it jive with Pokemon graphics, they used a shitty kind of Sinnoh sprites, and trainers were using legendaries for no reason.
>>
File: mQp4NOA[1].png (131 KB, 1281x539) Image search: [Google]
mQp4NOA[1].png
131 KB, 1281x539
>>24749740
he's a furfag that spreads basic misinformation like how not to use script tiles
>>
>>24738081
If you want to make things really difficult:

>force set battle
>give trainers EVs and movesets that are legit strategies
>enable permadeath if you're using FireRed both have a mode in which pokemon are deleted upon fainting, but from what I've seen only FR has a hack that deletes your save and resets the game upon losing.
>>
File: holy fuck its huge.png (126 KB, 1136x816) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck its huge.png
126 KB, 1136x816
So pic related is an outside extention I'm adding to Hoenn's Victory Road. Refer to the filename to my reaction on looking at it when I "finished" it.

I wonder if there's tile errors, though.
>>
liquid crystal
>>
File: 35 mph.png (193 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
35 mph.png
193 KB, 500x500
What hacks are the hardest to Nuzlocke?
>>
>>24750588
The only tile error that I can see is near the left cave entrance, 6 tiles right and 3 tiles up, there shouldn't be a regular grass tile. That said, that whole area is a little weird and I might make it so that the walkable area goes right up to the cliff above it.
>>
>>24749788
As someone who doesn't hack, what does that actually do that it shouldn't?
>>
>>24751123
For one, variable 0x4000 is temporary, and resets everytime you enter and exit a map. Plus, the method of using one variable for every single Script tile and then using checkflags in the script is just naive and is just wrong. It was a myth from like 2008 era and has been disproved for years now with the better, actual method used by Game Freak and yet somehow djg doesn't know.

I feel I explained that like ass, basically just read this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347
>>
>>24751120
I really want to keep the water area since I was going for something that would also make you go on water outside, but I guess altering the shape of the cliffs to be less rectangular would help.

Also, look on the top right island, there's another one.
>>
>>24749745
>What are you working on, /heg/
Clover
>>
>>24741041
Not him, but Bullshit Platinum does this for every single trainer.
>>
What would you guys consider more obnoxious to fight, a rock head Rampardos that spams head smash or a moxie haxorus that spams outrage pre-fairies?
>>
>>24751267
The latter, you can outspeed Rampardos or hit it with SE priority, Haxorus has a crazy powerful STAB and will boost its base 147 attack if you fodder.
>>
>>24751276
Also about Haxorus being weak to Ice Shard, Rampardos is weak to Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave, Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet.
>>
>>24751276
Alright thanks. I was going to slap a choice band on either of them. CB + Moxie is really fucking obnoxious because they stack multiplicatively.

I was also debating making Haxorus dragon/steel due to its armour.
>>
>>24751287
Make it Dragon/Fighting. The whole line gives a Fighting feel to me.
>>
>>24751287
>Dragon/Steel

Don't do it man, there's a reason Game Freak has never made a Pokémon of that type after Dialga.
>>
>>24751315
Steel doesn't help it offensively, and it can't DD if its holding CB so it won't be too obnoxious defensively, not having to rely on priority.
>>
>>24751310
If you do, actually make sure it learns some basic Fighting type moves by level. I played a hack where they didn't do that, and all it did was give the line 2 more weaknesses.
>>
>>24750588
I love it, it's very pretty. The only thing I dislike is that there's only one tile of space around the upper cave entrance.
Other than that, 10/10
>>
>>24750588
use the original colours mane. otherwise it looks pretty nice. try to make the diagonal line of corner mountain pieces look a little more organic by extending the edges some. i realize you have to hide the edge of the map around the sea area but it looks a little cramped. maybe just have one island or begin the nautical theme earlier in the headland.
>>
>>24749745
Is there a tool that lets you put those IV grades in? If not then how do you do it? I know Pokemon Gaia has them.
>>
Can you patch a rom with an existing hack, and then edit that hack further?

I'd like to do a gen 3 hack that has the new moves, Pokemon and abilities from gens 4 and 5, and editting them all in manually seems like really tedious stuff a ton of hacks must have already done already.
>>
>>24752435
There's a tutorial for inserting the ASM, but it's on the Nuzlocke forums I believe.
>>
>>24750588
pls make the Paths that are only one tile wide wider, otherwise they are annyoing to play through
>>
>>24752575
You can definitely do that, but I wouldn't recommend doing it without permission, unless it was made as a ROMbase (in which case the author probably put it up for people to edit anyway). I'm pretty sure there are some for Gen 3 with Gen 4 and 5 content.
>>
>>24750716
I'd go as far as to say Reborn is downright impossible, especially with a level limit.
>>
File: new huge.png (130 KB, 1136x816) Image search: [Google]
new huge.png
130 KB, 1136x816
>>24751120
>>24751408
>>24752044
>>24753074
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not able to solve all the problems, but I hope I could fix up most of them.
>>
Completely new to ROM hacks here, but this thread got me interested in Emerald Omega.
Does anybody know where I can get a clean Emerald ROM? Everything I've found so far isn't allowing me to install (checksum error in tsukuyomi)
>>
>>24753418
Use NUPS. Be sure to select Ask or Ignore at "if file is invalid".

For all ROM needs, be sure to check >>>/vg/emugen
>>
>>24753527
NUPS worked like a charm, thanks a ton!
>>
>>24729857
This would actually be pretty great if some people redid the sprites. It is pretty amazing this game was made with a 1 man team.
>>
File: 1443689643376.png (545 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1443689643376.png
545 KB, 1280x800
So Project M just got C&D'd and all the download links are taken down. How long until Pokécommunity gets told to remove its .ips patches?
>>
>>24729857
Babos a best
>>
>>24753809
>C&D'd
Nobody is saying it was, the Meme Team just said they were done with Project M.
>>
File: 1447623022006.png (37 KB, 287x337) Image search: [Google]
1447623022006.png
37 KB, 287x337
>>24753883
They were giving public updates with new content as recent as last week. You think they just up and decided to throw out all the effort on the new update, and then remove all Project M website info and downloads, on a whim? Do you really think they'd do that if there wasn't some event making them do so? They even said you have to talk to their attorney if you want to inquire further.
>>
>>24753809
I don't see a ROM hack sapping away all money from Nintendo in sight. They did it because Sm4sh is a big source of income and publicity for them, and PM threatens that. I don't think something like Gaia is going to murder the sales of Z and gain a multiplayer following anytime soon, so I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>be a cunt
>make the Wallace gym battle take place outside in permanent rain
>>
>>24753958
I don't see PM as a threat, it doesn't get nearly the amount of tourney players as Smash 4 and you can still play PM if you get the download from a different mirror. Smash 4 isn't going to get any more DLC after December's announcement (or so I understand, I could be wrong) anyway.
>>
>>24753965
Nintendo did. They know Meleefags are loud, so they considered P:M, a mod actually widely known and talked about amongst other smash games, a potential threat. It doesn't help that Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas were all planned as DLC for Sm4sh.

Also Pokemon has several different releases every 1-2 years. Smash comes out once a console generation.
>>
>>24754118
You're right on the console generation point. I guess it'd be more comparable to Showdown getting shut down. Maybe I'm just pessimistic because PM was one of my favorite games and I'm sad. Nintendo seems like they could go after anyone now.
>>
>>24753075
>You can definitely do that, but I wouldn't recommend doing it without permission
Why? They already did that when they modded the official games
>>
File: 1446223672341.png (95 KB, 351x269) Image search: [Google]
1446223672341.png
95 KB, 351x269
>>24754388
Well it's just rude, is all. No need to be ruse when you can avoid it, we're all friends here.
>>
>>24753809
>>24754118
>PM only helped Brawl sell again
>if you're not satisfied with Sm4sh, too bad

I want this retarded ass industry to fucking crash again already. Devoted, intelligent fans and modding communities they develop are the true future of videogames. Skywind gives me hope for shitty studios getting pushed into a corner.
>>
It's all about pokemon Brown and Prism.
>>
>>24754469
Fuck off to Reddit
>>
>playing roms hacks at all
>>
>>24754894
Why not?
>>
where the hell do you find the town map in brown? i beat the first gym and probably should have been able to get it
>>
>>24754673
edgy xD
>>
>>24755311
Dismiss that faggot. Probably just some piece of shit trying to look better than everyone else even though the last time GF was at least competent was Gen V.
>>
If anyone here was reading the Rejuvenation playthrough, I'll hopefully be able to prepare a new thread tomorrow.

What could have been a pretty emotional moment was promptly shit completely on because the creator couldn't resist putting in a reference to his latest favourite chinese cartoon. Spoiler alert: After your mother is kidnapped in the beginning of the game, you finally find her 4 badges later, but to save you from this person she gets killed instead. This is a lot less impacting when you're reeling from the fact he had the evil team leader name her sword after Kill la kill and announce for no reason at all.

More advice for that guy, whatever you fucking do, do not put in references to pop culture shit for no reason other than to look cool, especially in what is supposed to be a heavy moment. It will never fucking work.

>>24737189
>>
>>24736183
Does anybody have a download link for this. The thread for it on the Pokecommunity Forums doesn't have the download- to the patch available.
>>
>>24754673
I don't see how "don't be a dick" is a reddit comment.
>>
>>24753916
They had plans already to later move on and do their own thing, their lawyer probably told them to just stop PM because it could bring up issues later
>>
Why do hackers force SET battles? Why not let the player choose?
>>
>>24757374
Because casuals, reeeeee.

Clearly what an advanced hacker should do to spite casuals is allow both, but if you play on SWITCH the opponents also get to switch after KO'ing one of your Pokémon when you pick your new one.
>>
>>24734542
Wow, someone remembers Identity! Yeh, it's so unfortunate he quit and never finished the plot. It was so interesting!
>>
How do you go about making romhacks anyways? What kind of tools and assets would you need to get started?
>>
>>24758102

Depends on the gen you want to hack. One and two have disassemblies, three has a shit load of tools and every game after that has one or two tools that do pretty much everything. Some basic programming knowledge and the ability to use a hex editor helps a lot.
>>
>>24758102
What the other anon said. I highly recommend sticking to Gen 1-3 unless you REALLY want to make a hack of a later Gen, 4-6 aren't nearly as explored so you'd need a lot more competence to make a worthwhile hack from those.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>24726861
Ruby Destiny Is one I had the most fun with
>>
>>24758102
Gen 3 is the easiest due to all the tools. Advance Map and advance Text were always fun to play with
>>
>>24763749
>Dark Lugia
>>
File: 1446997423300.png (3 KB, 448x357) Image search: [Google]
1446997423300.png
3 KB, 448x357
>>24729857

>spig
>>
>>24753370

Well, that's a cute map, but what is the point of the area?
>>
>>24764306
Oh, I didn't see the two entrances.
But I think that's not really possible to surf to the second one..
>>
>>24763749
>>24763791
>game has a standard happy ending where you become the Champion and catch Dark Lugia

>fast forward two games to Life of Guardians
>get to visit a piece of the old region several years after the events of the first game
>find out your player character in that game went batshit insane from catching Dark Lugia and destroyed the whole fucking region

And then we can't forget how Team Go-Getters were essentially the catalyst for time ending (for a short bit) in LoG by saving Jagold.

I really can't wait for Broken Timeline to reveal the LoG protagonist caused the Holocaust after the game ends or some shit.
>>
>>24764317
It's an outside extension to Hoenn's Victory Road. Also you can surf to the other side, if I'm not mistaken there's a one tile path you can surf on.
>>
>>24764531
Also I found some more tile errors so there's that

Another question I should ask, are there any areas in RSE that you think were poorly designed/could use a rework?
>>
>>24764367
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cgOti7gLus
>>
>trying to make a hack where every battle is a double battle like colosseum
>trying to give the bosses difficult to defeat teams but the AI is just so shit

I gave you a choice band mamoswine and an aerodactyl with smack down, why can't you be smart enough to smack the opponent's ground immune pokemon?
>>
>>24764978
Is this a Gen 5 or Gen 6 hack? If not I imagine you'd have to write the AI logic for the move to have priority against a Flying-type or Levitate user.
>>
>>24765075
You'd probably have to do it even for a gen V or VI hack, Even the gen VI default ai has massive problems. For instance -Ate ability pokemon never use their normal moves because the ai doesn't take the ability into account when factoring which move does optimal damage.
>>
Anyone know of any decent 493 or even just 251 hacks of HG/SS? I'm feeling in the mood to do a "Catch em' all" run of a Johto game.

Or should I just use a 251 hack of Crystal, since there's already a ton of those available?
>>
>>24765105
Depends, I'm pretty sure Drayano's HGSS hacks are 493 but they also change other things like difficulty so I'm not sure if it's exactly what you want. If you just want regular HGSS with 493 Pokémon then I'm not sure what you should play.
>>
>>24764967
I don't even know where the name Jayson comes from. In Reign of Legends, your default names are Jagold (even though there's an NPC in the game also named Jagold), Light, Dark, and Red.
>>
>>24764550
Not to the point of ORAS but I always thought Mauville was a little small. Maybe it could be expanded up to the daycare and Route 118
>>
>>24765172
Can't you opt to not use the other changes and just patch in the mons and roster changes?
>>
>>24766237
Distributing a patch for a ROMhack isn't like modding a PC game, you have an patch that changes everything it means to change, and that's it. Drayano has two different patches, one with changes to Pokémon stats and moves along with everything else in the hack, and one with just the "everything else."
>>
>>24766428
Yeah, I know. That's what I meant.
Unless the guy asking about it considers the changes made to the base game too much already, the "everything else" patch should suffice for a 493 run, no?
>>
>>24766433
Well the everything else patch still has the difficulty changes, which might turn anon of.
>>
>>24766436
Fair enough.
>>
>>24764367
That is just fucking retarded forced tryhard bullshit.
>>
>>24766477
There's worse tryhard shit than that. I don't have it on me because I lost all my images, but the main villain (or rather the subordinate to the TRUE main villain, I think, there are a lot of villains in the trilogy) has a fucklong rant about how evil humanity is and why we need to destroy everyone due to it. Like worse than Buckley, though not as bad as Rowntree. It's also right before you have to kill your possessed self.
>>
What's a very good and difficult hack?
>>
>>24766477
Why people keeps shitting on any hack that isn't your usual happy-go-lucky "story"?
>>
>>
I remember playing an odd hack about 8 years ago, I really want to give it a try again but I can't remember the name for it, maybe you guys can help.
Here are the things I remember about the game:
-You play as Ash
-There is a scene where you see Nurse Joy naked.
-There are ninjas involved.
-You can get killed.
-Your pikachu get captured and you look for it.
>>
>>24768888
Oh and also when you start it's raining.
>>
File: title.png (6 KB, 176x73) Image search: [Google]
title.png
6 KB, 176x73
The best Pokemon "Hack Rom" its a GameMaker game...
>>
>>24727868

Pokécommunity is dead to me since the great Nuz-fracture, but it's great to see their standards are dropping by the year.
>>
>>24737432

Anon, you just stated the plot of Coliseum, but you do have a point: Coliseum/Black1/2 are the pinnacle of darkness in terms of what's allowed in a pogeymanz game, though one could use the manga for further reference, but remember to never actually use the word "die", and if you /must/ include it make it either off-screen (Marrowak) or ambiguous. Or the dying character in question is a machine. Retain the "E" rating.
>>
>>24768333
No, you idiot. It's the fact the last protagonist goes batshit crazy out of nowhere after an allegedly happy ending.

That's not a tragedy. That's straight up asspulled forced shit for the sake of continuing the plot.
>>
File: actually legit edgy.png (66 KB, 240x2006) Image search: [Google]
actually legit edgy.png
66 KB, 240x2006
>>24768333
I don't have anything against more serious stories, it just happens to be that they're usually done poorly in ROMhacks because most ROMhacks are made by teenagers who can't write.
>>
>>24769705
Yeah, now I see why Genius Sonority didn't go through with the "Wes becomes the leader of Cipher" thing. Sad that people like you loves to hate things that doesn't goes with your strict guidelines.
>>
File: 1448149462296.png (139 KB, 1023x278) Image search: [Google]
1448149462296.png
139 KB, 1023x278
>>24770112
Anon I played the hack in question and it's NOT handled well. It comes out of nowhere, you don't actually meet the old player character outside one of the non-canon bonus battles (there's a place where you can fight time holograms or some shit and the player character is one of them, he has a Level 100 Dark Lugia, other ones include major boss fights from the first two games like the fedora edgelord in Reign of Legends and the Giratina+Jagold boss fight in Rescue Rangers).

You just go to Gento if you choose (I think the voyage is optional and I don't even remember any Legendaries to catch there, though Celebi is there because Celebi randomly pops in and out in the entire trilogy), and everything is destroyed, all the buildings are unenterable, most of the Pokémon ran away, and every single NPC has pic related as its dialogue with the occasional one actually explaining what's going on, said going on being that you went batshit insane and destroyed everything(one mentions you killed the professor as well). They don't even explain where you in the first game went after you destroyed everything.

Like fuck, at least the Rescue Rangers cameo was neutral and consisted of pretty much "I saw a PIkachu, Chikorita, and Torchic travelling together, they were cute!"
>>
File: loldblum.jpg (29 KB, 465x459) Image search: [Google]
loldblum.jpg
29 KB, 465x459
>>24770094
>Wat up punk! Would you like me to destroy your Pokemon?
Don't know why I laughed at this
>>
>>24770112
You fucking retarded apologist. That shit wasn't well executed in the slightest.

It doesn't even become known until the second game just for the sake of edgy shock value bullshit. That's like if a book ends with a happy fluffy couple that later turns out for the girl to die horribly and the guy to go maximum edge and become a rapist demon lord. Complete shit done for the sake of it and not remotely good writing.
>>
>>24770349
Wait, when in the second game is that mentioned? I only remember one point in that game when you go to Gento and everything seemed fine then.
>>
>>24768888
>>24768906
Anyone?
>>
>>24772269
Never heard of it, but I'm curious, by "get killed" do you mean get a game over? Is it just your party getting wiped like Nuzlocke rules or is there a story event where doing the wrong thing gets you killed with a game over?
>>
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=359226

which hacks did you vote for you niggers?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.