[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Using non-megaforms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 250px-445Garchomp.png (60 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-445Garchomp.png
60 KB, 250x250
Do you guys have this pet peeve?

Using a "base-form" pokemon on a team an not mega evolving it?

Basically do you feel weird having more than one pokemon that can mega evolve on one team?

i.e. having a team with garchomp, scizor and gengar on it or something like that.

Discuss weird quirks you have when coming up with a team.
>>
nah
>>
>>24702417
I have a pet peeve with people having the majority of their team capable of mega evolving while they're all holding their mega stones. Also,

>team is charizard/lopunny/ttar/keldeo/garchomp/beedrill
>designated mega is ttar
>>
>>24702563
I think that's fair but what about people who use something like Scizor w/ leftovers while having a Sableye w/ it's mega stone?

Am I the only one who feels weird about it?
>>
>>24702825

I think it's weird but I also think megas are cancerous shit so you shouldnt listen to me
>>
>>24702871
I'm torn on megas... It made aggron somewhat more useful but I'm not sure if worth it
>>
>>24702417
No, because I wouldn't ever use ugly disgracing shit like "Mega" Garchomp anyways.
>>
>>24702921

Yeah but would you use Mega Aggron instead of MegaMetagross or some shit?

Mega cuts down options because you are handicapping yourself by not using the most OP option, which means even even MegaAgg or MegaHoundoom are ok, they will literally never get used, and not only that, Houndoom or Audino will never ever get a real evolution. Megas who are outclassed have been kill for good.
>>
>>24703009
>Mega cuts down options because you are handicapping yourself by not using the most OP option
>Mega cuts down options
Objectively wrong. Mega or not, you are always handicapping yourself by not using the most OP option, because Pokemon is a game where you only get 3-6 slots. Megas are no worse off than the rest of the Pokedex in this regard- they're simply a set within a set. Your personal bias against mega evolution is clouding your judgement.
>>
>>24703009
I think thats an interesting point. No one uses MegaAggron in OU because he's "outclassed"
>>
>>24703049

You have 6 slots to fill and some of then may be OP but some may simply fill a niche perfectly, still giving lesser mons a chance at usefulness.

With Megas you get exactly one. There are no balance or niche options when considering that set within the set, it's either the strongest or it's shit. With regular mons, it just has to be the strongest option that compliments the other 4 ir 5 mons, and you have more flexibility.
>>
I use non-megas all the time. I have a physical Lum Unburden Sceptile set I'm fond of, and base Heracross is not only the best Pokemon with the best design, ruined by its atrocious Mega, but is arguably better than its Mega with the various options an open item slot affords you.

Also I play UU, so I couldn't use M-Hera if I wanted to.
>>
Why would anyone use Mega Garchomp anyways?
>>
>>24703009
But then they will throw yet another thing like megaevolution and they will be useful for a period of time.
>>
>>24703181
>There are no balance or niche options when considering that set within the set
Yes there are. The other five Pokemon on your team don't disappear, and may benefit more from one Mega as a teammate than another. For example, Mega Sceptile is most useful on teams with at least one Pokemon likely to bait an Electric attack or Twave. Otherwise, Mega Sceptile is somewhat underwhelming, but in that circumstance it provides considerable pressure and threatens to turn a badly-predicted attack into a sweep.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.