[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Mega Altaria a fairy type?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 334Altaria-Mega.png (633 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
334Altaria-Mega.png
633 KB, 1280x1280
Why is Mega Altaria a fairy type?
>>
ur mum
>>
>>24695367
Fairy types are nice and cuddly. There's no one as nice and cuddly as Altaria, the pokedex entry basically says it uses it's wings to make you a bed then sings you lullabies. If that's not nice and cuddly you can get the fuck off my face.

Altaria was my favorite dragon before megas simply because of the look and the dex entry.
>>
>>24695367
Serious answer: angel motif.
>>
it's cute looking. That's literally the only reason they need to slap fairy type onto something.
>>
It's very cute and fluffy. Plus lots of people wanted Altaria to get retyped when Fairy was revealed.
>>
>>24695367
muh special snowflake typing
>>
>>24695372
the yours too
>>
File: 1365843166014.png (13 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
1365843166014.png
13 KB, 555x407
Why is Altaria a Dragon type?
>>
File: tumblr_nqye9rYaSZ1unmg1mo1_500.gif (505 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqye9rYaSZ1unmg1mo1_500.gif
505 KB, 500x281
Still somehow more fitting than Dragon
>>
>>24695367
A fairy that dragons
>>
>>24695551

Nobody knows.
>>
>>24695367
I wish it didn't have the stupid hat
>>
>>24695551
Because it's a cloud that dragons.
>>
>>24695367
It should have been a pure Flying type. Same for Rayquaza.
>>
Just so its Flying STABs are rendered useless.
>>
because fairy types are the most arbitrary type
>>
>>24695639
That's its hair, you idiot
>>
>>24695367
she's a bashee cloud
>>
>>24695768
But once it Megas, it stops being a cloud that dragon and turns into a fairy that dragons
>>
>>24696085
>arbitrary
No, they have to be completely retarded looking and be pink. Besides Xerneas.
>>
Because introducing three Dragon/Flying megas in the same game, especially when the other two are a pseudo and fug himself, would have been retarded.

>>24695551
This is the real question. Normal/Flying and Fairy/Flying both would've made more sense than Dragon/Anything.
>>
>>24696076

what flying stabs? it has neither acrobatics nor brave bird. everything else is shite.
>>
>>24695551
Altaria's loosely based on the Peng, a chinese bird of legend that is often portrayed with a Dragon's head w/ whiskers.
>>
>>24695367
They finally realized that being Dragon/Flying has always been detrimental to everything that has it and they've been fixing it with megas. Mega Fug and Mega Salamence got the big strong Flying STABs they've always wanted and Mega Alt drops the flying shit altogether and gets a much better defensive typing. When Dragonite inevitably gets its mega I guarantee they're either going to either make it Dragon/Water or turn it back into pure Dragon.
>>
>>24695367
A lot of people seem to miss the fact that Fairy is the magical girl/Sailor Moon type. It's basically a love letter to the Sailor Moon series- as a type. If you've ever watched the original Sailor Moon anime you'd know what I'm talking about. Basically, if a pokemon looks like it could appear in an episode of Sailor Moon and use fairy attacks alongside Usagi without anyone blinking an eye, that pokemon has a lot of reason to be fairy type.

Still, this isn't the only reason a pokemon would be classified a fairy type. It seems gamefreak used SM as an inspiration adding elements of actual fairy lore along the way.
>>
>>24695551
i guess because back then they didn't have fairy type and they wanted to give it a special typing
>>
>>24695367
Damn, Mega Altaria's official art is pretty goat.
>>
>>24695551
How to ruin a type: 3rd gen edition.
>steel pseudo legend
>still get a dragon pseudo legend
>ground/water legendary duo
>still get a dragon legend
>sand bug pokemon
>actually dragon because why not
>eon duo for good measure

There, now the rarest, strongest type is as common as random shit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.