[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Pokemon game were you most excited for leading up to its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
Which Pokemon game were you most excited for leading up to its release?
>>
always start of a new gen games (DP, BW, XY, etc) because they have new Pokemon and a new region to explore. I'm never as excited for the mid-gen games. Of those, I don't know, probably DP? Because it was the first Pokemon game with online.
>>
>>24692088
XY
>>
File: 1427189700677.png (7 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1427189700677.png
7 KB, 645x773
XY definitely.
>>
XY
>>
Black 2
>>
DP, BW and XY.
But I don't like XY anymore, sadly.
>>
>>24692088
Red, Blue and Yellow.
I got Yellow later on.
>>
HG/SS, was not disappointed
>>
Probably Black/White and Black 2/White 2

I was excited for X/Y as well but I wasn't hugely interested in any designs besides a couple, the dex being so small didn't create much hype
>>
Pokemon Z
>>
XY but also BW2 and ORAS
>>
>>24692088
Crystal. And maybe Ruby and Sapphire as close second.
>>
>>24692088
HGSS
ORAS

With remakes I like to buy into the hype
>>
XY
>>
>>24692314
>>24692303
>ORAS

Fuck off falseflagger
>>
>>24692319
Fuck off 5 year old :^)
>>
>>24692319
epice meme dude XD

also ORAS and BW2
>>
File: xaxa.png (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
xaxa.png
4 KB, 225x225
>>24692323
>>24692325
>>
ORAS is shit
>>
>>24692088
Black/White. I thought I will have to drop Pokemon after 4th gen because I didn't want to buy new handheld, and then boom, twice as much fun for DS.
>>
>>24692334
read OP
>>
>>24692349
What did you expect from a shitposter
>>
>>24692088
XY
>>
>>24692319
I liked ORAS a lot too, kid :)
>>
>>24692162
What do you mean?
>>
XY, because after they had revealed the rivals I completely blocked out all the new info bc i wanted to experience the game without knowing what kind of pokemon were there or even what was the name of the villain team. Best choice ever.
>>
>>24692088
Platinum, BW2 and XY
>>
>>24692088
Chiming in for HG/SS. I literally stood by the store before it even opened, and that's not very usual for me. I ended up liking them a lot. (Pokewalker was nice, post-game had a fuckton of random bullshit to do, 16 fkn badges, I actually got all unowns in this game, played the shit out of the game, and it's the only game I've ever gone to tournaments with (3, lost them all at the first round, am such a fucking noob))
>>
>>24692571
Oh, and forgot to mention I've hyped the release of PSMD to death the last few days, too (fucking americunts took a whole fucking 36 hours to dump the game for us europoors).
>>
>>24692088
XY
And it delivered.
>>
>>24692088
Black and White and HGSS. Great games and fun times hyping them on /vp/
>>
>>24692571
>>24692573
Reddit that way good sir.
>>
>>24692088
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Y
>>
>>24692088
B2 is the first game i ever bought at launch price. i usually wait for a price drop or bogo sale, but the former never happens woth successful nintendo games lately
>>
G/S
That whole effectively pre-internet period was magical, getting poorly translated slivers of info on mysterious new pokemon like 'yadoking' and that concept art of bellossom with alternate colors in card game magazines felt more special then.
>>
>>24692088
Gold & Silver. I was 11.
>>
HG/SS. The hype was real for that game.
>>
BW was so hyped /vp/ had to be created to contain it. Those days were a lot of fun.
>>
XY, because portable 3d fighting was all 10 year old me was wishing for after playing stadium at a friend's place. And i love it so much. Give announcer pls.
>>
BW. It all died after that.
>>
>>24692088
Every single one of them since I started following the news.
>>
>>24692624
/vp/ was created to contain HGSS hype, newfriend
>>
Z. Z for sure. I'll probably vomit from excitment when it gets announced.
>>
>>24692483
I was excited for HG/SS the most, and it did not let me down. It combined the best regions and music with the physical/special split, much-needed gen II evolutions like Weavile and Honchkrow, and online play
>>
xy
>>
HG/SS
>>
>>24693134
This
>>
>>24693194
this
>>
>>24693202
>The music was bland and forgettable except for lighthouse
>region is full of shitmons
>nothing but geodudes and worthless bug types
>didn't fix messed up level scaling
It was nothing but a graphical update. The game was shit and that is coming from someone who's first game was silver.
>>
None desu
>>
>>24693226
I am sorry you feel so negatively
>>
>>24692088
HGSS probably due to being remakes of my favorite gen and game (Gold).
>>
>>24692088
Black and White. It was the first time since G/S a new pokemon game was coming out for me (Ruby and Sapphire happened when I was in the "eh pokemon is for babies" phase and it wasnt until Soul Silver I came back.
>>
>>24692088

Original Gen 2, FR/LG, X/Y
>>
Diamond and Pearl. I used to sit around in class making plans about what I'm going to do to pass the time. The day it came out, I got up at 4AM.
>>
XY no doubt. Jesus I was so disappointed
>>
>>24693587
I was only disappointed by how few new pokemon there were. ORAS disappointed me much more than XY did.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.