[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's you're favorite fallout from the Pokemon era?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 2154166-0002.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2154166-0002.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
What's you're favorite fallout from the Pokemon era? Monster rancher? Digimon? Jade Cocoon? and wish would be in the pokemon games. Mine is Suezo, he would totally fit in as a normal/psychic type
>>
bulu monste
>probably wrong answer to post but oh well
>>
File: Hare'sTrick.png (581 KB, 708x531) Image search: [Google]
Hare'sTrick.png
581 KB, 708x531
Monster Rancher had a lot of shit that could have made it to Pokémon.

Hare looks like a possible evolution to Bunneary (with some changes, of course).
>>
monster rancher and digimon were for the slightly older audience since they featured deaths and similar drama
>>
File: oqfWh.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
oqfWh.jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
>>24691694
Genki was cool, he actually joined the fight. He wasnt just a trainer or some evolution catalyst
>>
File: acd[1].jpg (49 KB, 519x370) Image search: [Google]
acd[1].jpg
49 KB, 519x370
>Plagiarism the pokemon
>>
>>24691694
Is that the hare that fights using farts?

I watched some weirdass pokemon clone when I was on a vacation to Spain when I was a kid, but obviously I didn't get anythings ince it was in spanish
>>
>jade cocoon

Oh my gosh, what a game. I remember abso tanning the demo from the PlayStation magazine but I never actually ever saw an full game
>>
>>24692746
Yea. With a bunch of monsters that looks like a psyduck+donphan, a blue wolf with horns and is called "tiger" etc
>>
>>24691660
Fuck. I forgot how fucking hideous this thing was.

No wonder Monster Rancher ate shit and died. Concept wasn't bad, but when your mascot is that retarded looking, youre pretty much bound to fail.
That whole show was just fuckin'.. weird, man.
>>
>>24691660
I remember Monster Rancher to be very deep and grown up for a kids show.
with all that dying...
>>
>>24691660
I grew up having a little bit of every Pokemon-clone. I thought Monster Rancher the game sucked, but I always preferred Monster Rancher the anime over the Pokemon anime.

It might be more akin to Gundam but Medabots was my favorite Poke-clone. The anime and the game both kicked ass. I think I even had a Metabee model.
>>
File: blanderofthecentury.jpg (18 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
blanderofthecentury.jpg
18 KB, 256x363
>>24692908
fuck dude you missed out. Jade cocoon was fucking amazing.
>tfw the sequel wasabsolute trash
>>
>>24691660
I liked a little bit of them all. I wasted so many hours with Monster Rancher 2 just seeing what monster all the various CDs around my house would barf out, which was the whole gimmick honestly, and it worked well for younger kids because it was one of the first steps towards integrating real life into the game. I used to crossbreed monsters until I found one that looked badass and then just train them and battle the way as far up the arena as I could before they died of old age. That's where it got old and caused me to put it down, because there was only so far you could progress.

I loved Digimon and the Digimon World game on PS1, even collected the cards even if I didn't have anyone to play the game with. They were still cool looking. I'm actually half tempted to check out Digimon Adventure Tri because it looks... interesting and it goes back to the first introduction I had to the series. I just enjoy so many Digimon designs because they're kind of charmingly offbeat and just weird, and I like that.

Jade Cocoon is fucking AMAZING. I played that through so many times it's not even funny. It's a shame that it didn't spawn a sequel, but at the same time I'm glad it didn't. It was an amazing experience because it was a one-off and didn't get milked. It's a literal playable Studio Ghibli film and it was gorgeous. It's still got tons of style even today, and a great story to follow. The music is still etched in my brain.

DQ Monsters was also ridiculously fun. I spent so much time on that game after I finished Pokemon Blue. I snapped it up and played it even longer than Pokemon because there was more content and more monsters. I never ended up playing any of the others, but I adored the first one, and I'm still pissed they haven't brought the 3DS remake to English speaking territories. I want to play the game again and having it look fantastic with improved content would be even better. I'd probably never be seen again.
>>
>>24693141
>Jade Cocoon is fucking AMAZING. I played that through so many times it's not even funny. It's a shame that it didn't spawn a sequel
it did have a sequel, sadly it didn't hold a candle to the original. Would have done well as it's own thing but it was just too different.
>>
boom
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.