[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mainline ames are shit >gamefreak is lazy >free-to-start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 464x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 464x470
>mainline ames are shit
>gamefreak is lazy
>free-to-start ""games"" left and right
>competitive is a joke
>fanbase is atrocious
>anime is plain painful
Is it time to leave the franchise?
>>
>>24690320

It was always like this

You were too young to know
>>
>>24690320
Probably. It isn't going to get better.

I like the idea of pokemon, but hate every form of media it is on now.
>>
File: 1442075628582.png (107 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1442075628582.png
107 KB, 320x287
>>24690320
If you don't enjoy it you can't do much more than leave to be honest, so why even make this thread? Go.
>>
>>24690320
Time for you.
Not Everyone else.
Opinion...Opinion...Opinion.
Game freak and Nintendo are good.
>>
>>24690320
Just leave.
Nobody fucking cares.
>>
>>24690336
>You were too young to know
Almost like we can't play the old games once a new gen is released
>>
>>24690360
So why are you still here then?
>>
>>24690320
Or maybe you just a shitposter who's bored.

Thats probably whats bothering you
>>
File: gong.gif (502 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
gong.gif
502 KB, 500x362
>>24690341
>GameFreak is good.

I can understand that people enjoy Pokemon for what it is, but I cant believe that anyone would call unironically GameFreak as a good company. They are literally garbage tier developers and they havent sink yet because of Pokemon brand.
>>
File: melo.jpg (18 KB, 197x188) Image search: [Google]
melo.jpg
18 KB, 197x188
>mainline games are shit
I don't think so, except for ORAS
>gamefreak is lazy
Granted I guess, but who cares. We know it's coming.
>free-to-start games
Who's making you play them, or care about them?
>Competitive is a joke
Not really. I don't have a big interest in it but I don't think it's a joke.
>Fanbase is atrocious
Pokemon has a massive fanbase, you can't really say it's collectively atrocious.
also, >caring about other people
>anime is plain painful
Actually this season is pretty good.

If you're not enjoying pokemon then just leave it alone, OP. I'm enjoying it
>>
>>24692326
because he doesn't think like you, and he has fun playing/watching/doing whatever it is he does with pokemon. Just leave it alone if you're not enjoying it, no need to try to ruin other people's fun.
>>
>>24692344
>They are literally garbage tier developers and they havent sink yet because of Pokemon brand.

And thats why main games sre selling like hot cakes? Side games mostly sell like shit yet they also have the brand name slapped on them.

You're just biased anon. GF has lots of issues but if theu games werent GOAT they wouldnt survive for 20 years and still going strong
>>
>>24692344
I don't know what makes you say gamefreak are garbage tier developers. That's not true.
>>
>>24692359
>And thats why main games sre selling like hot cakes?

>ALL MCU MOVIES ARE GOD-TIER CINEMA
I could go on pointing out how illogical and retarded you are. But that should be enough.
>>
>>24692359

You are just a sheep. I have stated that they havent sink yet only because of Pokemon brand. Just give it to anyone more competent and see what happens.
>>24692363
What makes you think that they are good
>>
>>24692365
Then explain why bad games sell like hot cakes for 20 years anon :^)
>>
>>24692369
>I have stated that they havent sink yet only because of Pokemon brand

LOL what about the low sales of side games anon. They use the same name
>>
>>24692371
>>24692365
why are you even on /vp/? what do you do that's pokemon-related?
>>
>>24692374
I dont play them so thats hard to tell from my viewpoint, but I guess its either really really bad or it isnt just marketed for a mainline game.
>>
>>24692383
>I dont play them so thats hard to tell from my viewpoint
Oh how sad

>>24692383
>it isnt just marketed for a mainline game.
LOL so? A game is a gme, no matter if its main or side.

get a life anon
>>
>>24692386
>get laid anon what a loser ;^)
>>
>>24692386
Not him, but you're an idiot and your arguments are barely worth those of a 5 year old kid.
>>
>>24692382
Shitposting.
>>
>>24692383
You're just butthurt or a shitposter. Saying that GF is pure shit and yet still claiming you're a pokemon fan is just shitposting
>>
File: cia.png (492 KB, 574x388) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
492 KB, 574x388
>>24692399
I dont have to like GF to call myself a Pokemon fan. Nice straws there m8.
>>
>>24692404
You hate main games
You dont play side games

So what do you do: watch the anime?
>>
>>24692407
Anime is the worst of the three, no. Main games are my thing, although I am getting sick with all the bullshit gen 6 shat so far.
>>
>>24692413
>Main games are my thing

Few posts earlier

>I cant believe that anyone would call unironically GameFreak as a good company. They are literally garbage tier developers

"I love main games but GF IS SHIT! SHITTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thats called living in denial anon. Even if you think gen VI is shit GF is also gen I-V.
>>
>>24692417
Okay, let me clarify - GF is shit now, gen 4 were the best times, but now it is showing its laziness at its most. There is a limit of shit you can take on your face.
>>
>>24692417
Not him, but there's nothing wrong hating the dev but still liking the games, or the concept at the very least.
See FIFA.

>GF is also gen I-V
Your point? We're talking about GF at this point in time.
>>
>>24692425
>but now it is showing its laziness at its most
I know right?

Mega evolutions
Pokemon amie and its minigames
Super training
Pr videos
Customization
Friend safari
PSS as a whole
DexNav and sneaking
AreaNav
BuzzNav
Soaring + mirage spots
Upgraded secret bases

This is all so lazy and creating it takes no effort at all
>>
>>24692427
>Not him, but there's nothing wrong hating the dev but still liking the games, or the concept at the very least.

When you're saying they are "garbage tier" and then you say their games are "your thing" then obviously you like their garbage, there's no way around it

>Your point? We're talking about GF at this point in time.
Nope. We were talking about GF overall. Besides saying that 6th gen is shit when its not even over yet is overreacting
>>
>>24692435
There is no point in discussing with someone who blatantly ignores facts and makes everything around him. In other words go kill yourself retard.
>>
>>24692431
this..
>>
>>24692445
You lost good arguments huh. Oh well stay deluded anon
>>
File: melo.jpg (16 KB, 198x189) Image search: [Google]
melo.jpg
16 KB, 198x189
>>24692445
>getting this angry at being refuted

kek
>>
>>24692431
>Mega evolutions
They added 72 new mons, so they HAD to make something new. But taking an already existing mon and adding spikes to it takes way less effort than creating an entirely new mon.
>Pokemon amie and its minigames
I liked amie, but the minigames were literally flash-tier. Also copy-pasted into ORAS
>Super training
Kinda fun, but also copy-pasted into ORAS
>Pr videos
shiggydiggy
>Customization
Cool. But then they decided to never EVER use it again. Why? Haha, I don't know.
>Friend Safari
Shittiest and laziest Safari Zone ever.
>PSS
What's so special about that?
>DexNav and sneaking
>AreaNav
Literally PokéNav, nothing special about that too.
>Buzznav
Wew extra text that's looped for ages
>Soaring + mirage spots
>completely forgetting that they made the Lati@s megas the same color so they could keep soaring the same in ORAS
I would've given it to you if GF actually made unique caves as mirage spots instead of the random generated-like areas.
>Upgraded secret bases
Flag collecting what an upgrade whoa

>>24692435
>then obviously you like their garbage
Well, I play pokémon for the sake of playing pokémon, I don't play them because they're necessarily good games.
I like its concept, but the ones who make them are literal shit. Again, look at EA and FIFA.
>>
>>24692479
>But then they decided to never EVER use it again

They never said that though. ORAS didn't use it because Brendan and May are established characters (and probably because they were a bit lazy to be honest, but then again Hoennfags would have called it a disgrace to the original games).
>>
>>24692479
>Well, I play pokémon for the sake of playing pokémon, I don't play them because they're necessarily good games.
>I like its concept, but the ones who make them are literal shit.

Again you're have some serious isseus anon. You should seriously give up on Pokemon if every aspect of it is shit for you. It'll be better for your menatl health
>>
>>24692485
>They never said that though
"In terms of the customization of the trainer, that was really kind of a special thing for the Kalos region, which featured this kind of motif of France and really focused on this beauty and fashion aspect, which is why it was a prominent feature in that game." - Masuda

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/so-does-pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-include-trainer-customization
>>
>>24690320
>Complaining about a game made for kids

Look at you.
>>
>>24692496
But it's gonna be used in Z. ;^)
>>
>>24692491
this, I don't understand people who do nothing but shit all over GF and pokemon in general and then still play it and post on a pokemon board. obviously it's ok to dislike certain aspects, but people like you act like it's 100% shit. why play it then?
>>
>all this samefagging
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.