[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6
File: Immagine.png (344 KB, 486x572) Image search: [Google]
Immagine.png
344 KB, 486x572
thoughts ?
>>
>>24688520
ORAS was an insult. Worst anniversary gift ever.
>>
>>24688520
I first learned they were a thing when I ran across them in my local electronics store. I was shocked the Pokemon series was still going strong (thought it was going to end after gen 2 since everyone was getting out of it). Convinced my mother to get me Ruby. Loved them out of the box. I didn't know how much of a backlash they got until I started using the internet for something other than silly flash games.
>>
>>24688529
>ORAS was an insult
I agree.
>>
>>24688520
That Blaziken sure looks hot.
>>
>>24688520
>that latias sprite
What the fuck were they thinking
>>
Back when it first came out, the box legend actually being part of the story was a new thing. Older games had no major threat to the world. Especially Gen 2 which is just an adventure.
>>
>tfw still have most of my pokemon from Sapphire on my gen 6 carts

It's fucking weird to think people are still able to use the pokemon they caught in these games all these years later.
>>
my thoughts are that you need to stop sucking serebii's dick by reposting every fucking thing he tweets
>>
>>24688674
I remember seeing a RS commercial play and it had Grovyle and I instantly got hooked. I skipped out on GS so seeing Pokemon continue I took as a sign to return to the series.

One of the best decisions of my life
>>
>>24688699
Big white penis. Same with B/W legends.
>>
>>24688717
pomf pls
>>
>>24688717
This post is sponsored by HAVA Media.
>>
>What you mean I can't get older pokemon like Miltank?
>What's with all the exclusive legendaries?
>And why is there so many of them?
>How come you don't get to select the day you're in?
>Oh shit it doesn't even turns night
>So I've beaten the E4, is that it? No Kanto? Johto?
>the pokemon craze is kill, no one to play with

People talk shit about ORAS, but no game was more disappointing than the original RS.
>>
>>24688529
lack battle frontier, lack of more megas.
sure
>>
>>24688765
To be fair, they fixed this up with later installments. That was the plan after all.
>>
I remember the massive disappointment I felt when I played them.
>>
I remember the massive enjoyment I felt when I played them.
>>
>>24688765
>>24688823
>>24688969
But to be completely on this, it doesn't matter how much we wanted the battle frontier

It was NOT in RS so what was the point of making it or putting into ORAS

Even in the original RS, they only gave hints about the battle frontier, there was no actual battle frontier. To be honest, having the battle chateau was better than the battle tower. Honest opinions as far as they all go, it stuck closer and even to the storyline than anyone could have asked for. In the next games they could fix it, but for now, I honestly don't think they screwed up.
>>
>>24689058
>acting like a child because I can't get my way

Quit pandering to the babies who feel like they need to have everything in one way to make it work. The reason they don't put that crap in is because half of the time it just doesn't work.

I don't want ORAS to be shit, I just know it's not worth putting in half way done things into a cartridge where it won't fit or it'll just glitch. So yeah, I am wanting them to continue onto a third game for each, and they'll fix it like always. You don't want it? Don't buy it because all you are doing is making yourself look like a child for not like it. You didn't make it, you didn't put your input into it, jus shut up and deal.
>>
>>24689050
>HURRDURR ITS A RS REMAKE DURR
>this shit again

Fuck off mate
>>
>>24688703
>the box legend in crystal was part of the story, although not mandatory
>>
>>24689050
No wonder those games arent getting any better
>>
>>24688520
compared to gsc it was kinda dissapointing
>>
>>24689098
>>24689096
You fuck off, you wank

We get what we get before they fix it when they see what's going wrong.

The problem with this is that people want a game that they get to put 99% of their input into. But what they don't realize is that when the developers do that, they realize it can't all work out.
>>
>>24689120
I still was wondering if I can go to other region.
>>
File: 131048341210023.jpg (62 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
131048341210023.jpg
62 KB, 500x487
>>24688529
The problem I have with ORAS is how they reused all the XY elements instead of creating new ones.

Look like I still playing Pokemon XY reskinned version instead of a hoenn remake
>>
>>24689050
>it doesn't matter how much we wanted the battle frontier. It was NOT in GS so what's the point of making it or putting into HGSS
>>
>>24688520
R/S was underwhelming sure, but they introduced a fuckton of mechanics that formed the base of later installments.

Only four things that were really added later were damage split, new type, megas, and actual day/night/seasons.
>>
>>24689050
>It was NOT in RS so what was the point of making it or putting into ORAS

BF is in Hoenn. ORAS takes place in Hoenn. it's as simple as that. And this argument is refuted by GF putting a reference to the BF in the first place.
>>
>>24688529
True. ORAS was supposed to redeem Hoenn, showing it in all its glory.
It failed miserably and it's all GameFreak's fault for not putting the needed effort.
>>
>>24689050
I don't know, man. What was the point of putting a Battle Frontier in HGSS, or a Safari zone, or any of the shit that people complained about with GSC like the lack of Gen II pokemon in fucking Johto?

Oh right, it's supposed to be BETTER than the original games, not WORSE.
>>
>>24688520
I got Sapphire. My sisters both got Ruby. We used to pretend there was MMO-like multiplayer and would sit side-by-side, walking around together. We roleplayed and pretended to be students at the school in Rustboro. Sometimes we would go on field trips to Slateport and Lilycove.

I enjoyed RS a lot more than previous games in the series. Things were finally colorful, and Hoenn wasn't separated by guard stations (or whatever they are) like other regions are.

I still like ORAS, but it would have been nice to have the Battle Frontier and customization. I only played AS for about 250 hours compared to XY's 700.
>>
>>24689050
>people are still using this retarded argument in earnest even GF themselves wouldn't

There was literally no excuse, stop it
>>
>>24688823
>lack of more megas

Megas were pretty much the only thing this game seemed to put effort into, though. Rewriting the Southern Island event to make the player feel more special for using megas, creating a alternate timeline JUST for mega evos, etc.

The only mistake GF made was revealing all of them before launch, but they had no choice because there was nothing else to really talk about with ORAS besides Soaring and Dexnav.
>>
>>24688765
I remember being so disappointed the realtime clock didn't work like Gen 2 with having alternate tiles for times of day along with changing mon encounters.
>>
>>24689050

I don't like ORAS that much but you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>24688529
>>24688685
>>24688823

>tries to quntyn-post daily because autism won't let you go
>need to samefag because anons were on-topic

Nice, slug-fucker. Nobody will notice your samefag since it's just the 200030432th time
>>
>>24689992

I like how he tries to creates a circlejerk every day but even an year later he could get past a lone samefagging in some thread a day. At least his raging is fun to look at, even tho most is falseflagging.
>>
>>24689992
>more than one person disagrees with me?
>it must be a samefag!!
tippy top kek
>>
My experience is

Gen 1 new and exciting bugs who cared, glitches all part of the fun.

Gen 2 fuck me this is good oh look odd colored pokemon, 251 to collect sweet.

Gen 3 Ok lets play this, it feels so slow and drawn out why is it boring.

Gen 4 I remember having fun but can't remember much of the game.

Gen 5 ...so boring...no seriously this game is so boring I quit it.

Gen 6 Sweet it's fun, fast and plays well rekindled my love of pokemon.

Gen 6 ORAS god I remember the original games being dull but why did they have to port that over to the remake aswell.
>>
>>24692913
>gen 3
>slow and drawn out
see, this is how you spot a shitposter
>>
>>24692920
>defending gen 3
this is how you spot a Hoennbaby
>>
>>24692913
I don't remember Gen3 being slow, but the again, I was playing most of it with 1100% speed.
>>
>>24689050
>FRLG recycles elements from Yellow
>HGSS recycles elements from Crystal
>ORAS doesn't recycle elements from Emerald because it's extra special.

I hate this meme.
>>
>>24689050
Kinda pathetic, dont you think?
>>
>>24692984
>>FRLG recycles elements from Yellow

1. Yellow isnt the "third" version, but a special version and blue is the actual third version
2. what elements from that games did they recycle?

The main thing about emerald is, that most of the stuff happened, because Groudon and Kyogre battled against each other and that wouldnt make sense when only one Legendary is awake

The third gen is the first one, where a remake of the third game would actually make sense (not saying its happening), because it had a different Plot
>>
>>24689159
The damage split wasn't really even a new mechanic, just the same mechanic but each of the individual moves were reclassified.
>>
>>24692999
>he main thing about emerald is, that most of the stuff happened, because Groudon and Kyogre battled against each other and that wouldnt make sense when only one Legendary is awake
Not really. Stuff like BF, Gym leader rematches, improved gym teams and so on had nothing to do with that. These are the things most people are disappointed in, not the fact that Rayquaza and both Groudon and Kyogre aren't part of the main story.
>>
I'm one of the disappointed people; my reason was I expected graphic and story similar to Golden Sun - I was naive kid who had no idea how milking a franchise works back then...
>>
>>24692942
Sick maymay
>>
>>24693020
another reason, why an emerald remake COULD happen

not to mention they were mutliple hints to it, like Steven asking wallace to take his place and the Frontierhints
>>
File: 1446442131679.jpg (14 KB, 260x282) Image search: [Google]
1446442131679.jpg
14 KB, 260x282
Watch GF remake Diamond and Pearl, but leave everything good about Platinum out.
>>
>>24693047
name the good things platinum had
>>
>>24693052
Remade plot, more pokemon on opponent teams, BF, double battles, better national dex
>>
>>24693058
>double battles
???
diamond and pearl had those too

as for the more pokemon/national dex they expanded it on ORAS too so i doubt the would not include the platinum mons on it

which only leaves us with remade plot and BF
>>
File: 1443049130783.jpg (61 KB, 498x374) Image search: [Google]
1443049130783.jpg
61 KB, 498x374
>Gen 3 was the worst
>no one wanted to play them because we were all going to middle school and wanted to grow up
>also stripped almost all the features that were in Gold/Silver
>>
>>24693076
Platinum had a lot more double battles during the normal gameplay
>>
>>24688520
I loved RSE, I never got why whiny faggots couldn't let go of their old Pokemon after two regions of basically the same thing. Hoenn was a nice change geographically too, the weather effects and the storyline blew my kid mind. The day/night cycles being axed sucked though, and no accompanying Stadium game was pretty shit back then. But I ended up liking them so much that I started playing Fire Red and got bored before I hit Vermilion and never finished it.
>>
>>24692920
>>gen 3
>>slow and drawn out
It's true though.
>>
Didn't play them back then. Wasn't interested in Pokemon at all during that time. Girls and booze more interesting. Only came back years later, shortly before Gen 5 when I played third and fourth.
Found thrid to be my least favourite games, although the Magma/Aqua story was really funny in a satirical kind of way.
>>
>>24693967
>Not having Girls, a functioning liver and Pokémon.
Poor life choices bro
>>
>>24688529
At least it's objectively the best remake.
>>
>>24693625
But he's praising gen 2, which is by far the slowest (and worst overall)
>>
>>24689173
No BF is bad enough but the fact they put that model there is just a slap in the face.
>>
>>24688520
>Did you get these games?
Only gen I skipped

>What memories do you have of them?
None. Only played Emerald on an emulator. Skipped both of these.

>What Pokemon introduced in these games are your favorites?
Breloom. Also the only Gen 3 mon that isn't irredeemable shit.
>>
>>24696408

Sound like an autistic faggot
>>
>>24692913
>Gen V was the most boring
>Gen IV and VI were better

Kill yourself.
>>
>>24696408
>only Gen III Pokemon that isn't irredeemable shit

The only gen with consistently shit Pokemon everywhere was IV. You and retards like >>24696439 need to fuck off.
>>
>>24688529
Without a doubt. It's disgusting how they took remake far too literally. It's almost the exact same fucking game just in 3D and to add insult to injury it's watered down shit.
>>
>>24693052
>>24693076
>actually trying to compare ORAS to Platinum
>knowing absolutely shit about what made it good
>"ORAS expanded on the Pokedex too"

Just fuck off. Absolutely fuck off.
>>
>>24688520
hoenn was never good
>>
>>24692999
>2. what elements from that games did they recycle?
You know how they threw out the Nidorans and stuffed a Mankey in to make Brock extra easy? Yellow had that dumb idea first.

One could argue that the event Pikachus count as well because of Surfing Pikachu, but they don't really.
>>
>>24693046
>if an Emerald remake happens, it'll be like B/W2 where it's a sequel but nothing's actually accomplished by that fact
Either that or they make that Delta Episode super important for no reason.
>>
File: 1446317884863.png (1 MB, 1053x620) Image search: [Google]
1446317884863.png
1 MB, 1053x620
>>24697695
this image makes me want to cry
>>
>>24697677
I can understand getting through BW once because it was the new thing and at least slightly novel. But have you ever gone back to replay it? Shit may as well be unplayable.

And then there's BW2, which I can't even understand making through the first time. Playing it is like being shot with a tranquilliser dart, it's so terrible.
>>
>>24700351
Not him but BW is probably the game I've played through the most next to Platinum
>>
>>24693052
Varied environments, a story, expanded dex, Battle frontier, Gym Leader/Stat Trainer rematches

Can you fuck off, it's obvious you've only played only Diamond/Pearl or only Platinum. You don't know how much of an improvement it was.
>>
File: 1447785643957.jpg (60 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1447785643957.jpg
60 KB, 500x667
>>24693047
>DP remakes will make Sinnoh an endless grassy plain again
>DP remakes will have the gutted DP Sinnoh dex again
>DP remakes will not even try to include time or space theming, let alone a temporal world or spatial world again
>DP remakes will have no Frontier/Battleground/Villa again
>DP remakes will have shit/no rematches again

Put a bullet in my head if this happens. ORAS is alright because RS had some potential not entirely dependent on Emerald, but if they do it with Sinnoh they'll be the worst mainline games yet. Putting a time or space themed skin on the Platinum story would be the only way to save these remakes.
>>
>>24700497
ORAS is awful because R/S were awful
yes they were entirely dependent on Emerald.
>>
>>24700225
I havent played oras, are the top images ingame, and bottom ones how it should be?

are x/y like bottom pictures?
>>
>>24688529
ORAS is great, though.
>muh battle frontier
>>
>>24700497
>>DP remakes will not even try to include time or space theming, let alone a temporal world or spatial world again

I forgot, that they're probably gonna force Megashit in Team Galactic's plot

>>24700507
Top is ingame. XY isn't quite like the bottom, but it makes a better attempt at looking natural than ORAS does
>>
>>24700502

More like ORAS was good since RS were meh

And both of them outsold Emerald, so fuck off
>>
friendly reminder that emerald is only "good" because of the meme frontier
>>
>>24700351
I had absolutely no idea your opinions were facts.
>>
>>24700520
>that shitty filter
>natural
wew lad
>>
>>24700525
every third version is outsold by the original pair, it has nothing to do with quality
>>
>>24700541
sure
>>
>>24700539
>better attempt at looking natural

learn to read
>>
>>24700520
>Megashit
>>
>>24700512
>Battle Frontier is the only criticism anyone could have with ORAS

Every time. Fuck off.
>>
>>24700545
yes, that's what I wrote, It was a good concept with terrible execution that got even worse in ORAS
>>
>>24700502
RS were worth half Emerald, ORAS bought them up to a full emerald

DP aren't even a quarter Platinum, and GF are lazy fucks

>>24700520
>I forgot, that they're probably gonna force Megashit in Team Galactic's plot

Primalshit, and that is fine if it will involve giving Dialga and Palkia any semblance of time and space powers in the game at all.
>>
>>24700525
>muh sales

Probably the exact kind of retard who thinks popular = good.
>>
>>24700552
then how would you fix it
>>
>>24700549
It otherwise adds content onto the main game.

People who are complaining that it's too easy don't realize that Pokemon was always easy because its LITERALLY babby's first rpg
>>
>>24700533
>Tells person to kill themselves for thinking BW and BW2 were the snorefests they are
>Throws the opinions card as soon as someone counter-disagrees

Maybe you should kill yourself.
>>
why do you need battle frontier? don you have battle maison there? it's the same thing
>>
>>24700576
muh gimmicks
>>
>>24700576
Battle Tower, or "Maison" is 1/7 or 1/5 of the frontier
>>
>>24700539
Look at the top right and bottom right. Notice how the top right is unnaturally square? Gamefreak has an awful habit of thinking natural bodies of water are perfectly square/rectangular. The bottom made the little bit of ground the player is standing on round instead of square, and made the ground in the background less straight as well. It looks better because of its imperfections.
>>
>>24700596
the rest is irrelevant outdated stuff
>>
>>24700606
Platinum Frontier is still fun stuff.

Emerald Frontier, yeah, probably.
>>
>>24700604
>square shapes in square based game

wew
>>
>>24688529
what are you talking about? oras is exactly what hoennfags deserved
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.