[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are hacks/RPGMaker fan games almost all like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: QoQW73N.png (52 KB, 514x387) Image search: [Google]
QoQW73N.png
52 KB, 514x387
I don't fucking get it. Pic related is probably the biggest offender of the 'mature Pokemon' theme these games like to use all the time, in addition to both the game itself and the community reeking of Tumblr.

There are few fan games that actually attempt to craft something in the vein of the official games. The only one I've played that was close to that was Pokemon Brown, and that game is as old as shit. We need more games like that.
>>
>>24687216
Take Coolboyman's words with salt but if he really releases it in December my Christmas will be made.
>>
>>24687216
Because only literal children are interested in Roms.
>>
>>24687241
Prism I mean.

>>24687285
>>>/trash/
>>
Because most of the people pioneering fan games were those that were longing to make their self-indulgent fan fiction a reality. Ever notice how many conversations you've seen in the past where people are asking for a "dark" Pokemon? Those are the people that were the first to jump in on fangame engines.

This is less of a problem with ROMhacks because those have been around longer and the community is more aware of what works and what doesn't. The Essentials engine has only just recently reached the maturity needed for people to start easily building their own shit.

>>24687241
>>24687298
Do we know if CBM made Prism's rival less of an edgelord? That was the only thing that put me off while playing the 2010 beta.
>>
>>24687437
>Ever notice how many conversations you've seen in the past where people are asking for a "dark" Pokemon?

Exactly, well put.
>>
>>24687437
I remember him saying somewhere that the rival was toned down.
>>
>>24687216
Play Pokemon Rijon adventures
>>
>>24687216
Vega is great too outside of how grinding heavy it is but it does have original music that doesn't suck
>>
>>24688470
It's also getting a translation VERY SOON.
www.romhack.me/vega

Also not all fangames/romhacks are edgy, you've just got to find the right ones. Normally the most popular ones are shitfests because of edgy teenagers.
>>
I actually knew someone working on a decently popular fangame who had a Tumblr ironically.
>>
>>24687216
>all
No, not really. We have a hack that takes place in fucking candyland.

It's just the "top" ones that get all the popularity that tend to be cringe material in one way or the other.
>>
>>24687216
>this guy again
Dude, go post in /heg/ already. Some newfag already thinks you were a "raid" with the reborn posting a while back.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.