[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamefreak has asked you to design the Pokemon League for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
Gamefreak has asked you to design the Pokemon League for the next game in 2018

what would the four types be and what is their theme and lineup? they will be battled in order

the champion will be based on you, what would your lineup be?
>>
Electric leader, female, designed the E4 Box system
Ground leader, female, makes sandcastles because she can't swim but leaves the beach
Poison leader, male, Chef who cooks with normally toxic ingredents
Dragon leader, male, is a fantasy author who makes kids books and dresses up as a fantasy hero

Leader is based on a sentai hero

:^)
>>
E4
Grass
Fire
Water
Electric
Champion:
Normal
>>
why is Eevee Blue's signature Pokémon?
>>
>>24685472
I guess they took it thinking about Pokémon Yellow.
>>
>>24685472
His starter on Pokemon Yellow
>>
>>24685472
Eeveelutionfag pandering
>>
>>24685486
>>24685488
If that's the case, why nitpick that one only but put both Steven and Wallace for RSE?
>>
>>24685518
Well, which pokemon would you put as Green's signature? Or are you suggesting putting the fucking three starters on the final form?
>>
E4 would be based around strategies like in Colosseum/XD rather than type
>>
the four members would each have a different type of weather team

champion would have some other type of field effect team, maybe trick room
>>
all elite four members have 5 mons with the Champion having 6 as usual. All pokemon league members should have at least 2 region-native mons.

as for types:

First: Ground
Second: Steel
Third: Fairy
Fourth: Dragon

and as for a thought for putting a twist on the pokemon league, I think it'd add to the challenge for their mons to have their hidden abilities, so you'd be going up against real threats Moxie Salamence and defiant Bisharp to offer real difficulty.

as for a champion's team for me, the only thing I'd say is that it wouldn't have a type theme, but be balanced with dedicated mons serving their roles like tanks, walls, sweepers, and utility, and improved AI that could make the switches into the right mon for the right role.
>>
Before Gen 6 came out I actually predicted France as the main region and came up with my own Elite 4. Of course I'm biased but I think I did a better job than Gamefreak but prediction wise I got them all wrong. However I made a Gen 6.5 in Britain list as well and that E4 is almost identical to how XY turned out (Female Fire user, Male Water user, had a female Steel user and an Ice user instead of Drasna, female champion but I had mine as a younger lady that specialized in Dark types).

Anyways my original Gen 6 prediction:
1st: Flying Type, older man
2nd: Grass Type, guy in 30s
3rd: Rock Type, girl round 20
4th: Electric Type, woman in 30s

Champion, Normal Type, black man in his late 20s, average joe kind of guy that took the challenge of a type without strengths super seriously, worked extremely hard to achieve his dream of becoming a Champion tier trainer
>>
File: BLUE MEGA PIDGEOT.jpg (43 KB, 480x296) Image search: [Google]
BLUE MEGA PIDGEOT.jpg
43 KB, 480x296
>>24685472
its not
a japanese magazine confirmed it to be pidgeot
>>
File: 1444505507846.gif (896 KB, 500x564) Image search: [Google]
1444505507846.gif
896 KB, 500x564
Fuck typing. Let's have the Elite Four actually have decent mixed teams.
>>
>>24685834
Themed, then? That could work nicely.
>>
-Hail team.
-Sand Team.
-Sun Team.
-Rain Team.
The Champ takes after Cynthia in using a balanced team of the strongest most iconic monsters from the region.
>>
type, theme, lineup
1: Poison. Stall with a mega beedrill for the lols.
Member should be someone like koga who 'plays dirty'.

2: Flying. Diversity with each poke covering each others weaknesses.
Member should be able to switch out pokes freely instead of the normal style of battling.

3: Dragon. Hyper offense.
Member should have legit wallbreakers instead of some half assed pokes with half assed attacks

4: Steel. Bulky offense.

Champion, any type.
Makes it harder to fight.
The E4 members should try to have 1 mega plus 1 legendary.
>>
>>24685535
Pidgeot.
It's his highest leveled in G/S/C iirc.
>>
>>24685980
Yeah, but that's G/S/C, not R/G/B/Y.
>>
instead of simply give a signature poketype, I would give them a theme

Medieval E4:

The Jester : Mr.Mime, Slurpuff, Gengar, Grumpig
The Princess: Gardevoir, Liligant, Blissey, Swanna
The Monk: Bronzong, Medicham, Shiftry, Spiritomb
The Knight: Excavalier, Gallade, Samurott, Aegislash

The Champion is the King: Slowking, Nidoking, Arcanine, Tyrantrum, Slaking, Pyroar
>>
>>24686049
Alternatively, one based on chess. E4 as Rook-Knight-Bishop-Queen and Champion as King.

Too lazy to think of teams for them. Feel free to try.
>>
>>24686082
>rook
rock/ground team

>knight
steel/fighting team

>bishop
ghost/dark team

>queen
psychic/fairy team
>>
E4
Dragon, lance ripoff but make him edgy
Fairy, flamboyant fag
Steel, kid with a knight delusion with princess and dragon slaying talk
Water, a bitch

Champion needs pokemons from his region and variety. If they want to force him into a type then either psychic or fighting but he will need a team from other regions.
>>
>>24686285
E4
>gravity team using stupidly powerful low accuracy moves that hit under gravity. would be a diverse team.

>tricksters.
pokemon with prankster and pokemon who abuse items/trick as well as sucker punch or foul play.

team determination.
a team full of sturdy mons or focus sashes.

trick room team.
well, easy enough.
>>
whoops, forgot to erase quick reply.
>>
File: 1445603837245.jpg (3 KB, 125x118) Image search: [Google]
1445603837245.jpg
3 KB, 125x118
Fuck these contrarians and their "theme" shit. Theme is only acceptable on occasion, usually when there aren't enough of X type to fill out 5 slots. Or for champs.

>all have 5 pocketmen except champ has 6
>if megas aren't removed at this point, every member can have one

FIRST GUY
>Bug type
>probably Bugsy, has reached his final form, is an amazing buge tactician and can command all his pokemon at once
>That's right, horde battle
>Technician Scizor, M-Pinsir, Yanmega, Forretress with Spikes+T-Spikes, Parasect with Spore/Rage Powder/Wide Guard/Giga Drain

Second guy
>Psychic type
>someone like the Trick Master, might even be encountered during the storyline setting up cheeky puzzles in places
>Reuniclus, Bronzong, Malamar, Claydol, M-Alakazam
>uses the fuck out of Trick Room

Third
>Steel type
>cave explorer kinda girl, can run into her in back corners of the caves on the map randomly sometimes
>M-Mawile, Mold Breaker Excadrill, Steelix, Skarmory, Magnet Pull Probopass

Fourth
>Poison type
>chemist who uses his pokemon generally for toxin/caustic substances research; battle-wise he is extremely technical and booksmart. Imagine a smogonfag but good
>HA Scolipede, Weezing, M-Venusaur, Drapion, Tentacruel

Champ
>shows up a couple times during the plot and is a special snowflake super amazing trainer but not shoved in your face all the time
>has some unobtainable specialized pokemon which get shown off during plotline battles. They're fairly common pokemon something changed because 'he believed in them and unlocked their potential' and shit
>his ace is an Awakened Slaking, has Vital Spirit and the color scheme of a Vigoroth
>Bug/Dragon Flygon
>Sap Sipper Swampert, gets green oozy outlines on its paws
>the region's pseudo
>M-Lucario because special snowflake
>and he gets a legendary during the plot; Hoopa-C -> Hoopa-U for the champ fight
>>
All else members now use 6 mons each. There.
>>
Why not an elite 4 based on strategies rather than typing? One of them is a stallfag with M-Sableye, Chansey, Clefable, Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Gliscor, for example
>>
>>24685433
I would have them based on industry:

Rock
Water
Steel
Electric

The latter 3 of which are some of the best types.
The champion would be inspired by Aleister Crowley. His mons would be Psychic, Fairy, Dark, Ghost.
>>
Make it an actual league, whether it be 16 man or whatever with a random pool of 100 trainers that can be thrown in whenever you replay it. Then after that you get the E4.
>>
>>24685433
Can be fought in any order:

The Naturist: Cradily, Florges, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, M-Venusaur

The Technologist: Golurk, Jolteon, Porygon-Z, Magnezone, M-Manectric

The Mystic: Mismagius, Clefable, Starmie, Sigilyph, M-Gengar

The Sceptic: Scrafty, Snorlax, Mienshao, Weavile, M-Lopunny

Champion is someone who values nature, technology, faith and reason in balance
>>
>>24685433
RBY 2

1. Misty
>Water
Gyarados 58
Politoad 60
Togekiss 60
Kingdra 59
Starmie 62

2. Blaine's son
>Fire
Ninetales 62
Rhyperior 60
Magmortar 61
Salamence 61
Arcanine 64

Jasmine
>Steel
Magnezone 62
Skarmory 65
Steelix 63
Mantine 65
Metagross 66

Lance
>Dragon
Aerodactyl 65
Hydreigon 64
Charizard 64
Garchomp 63
Dragonite 68
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.