[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game serious is so disgustingly unbalanced now. Seriously,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
This game serious is so disgustingly unbalanced now. Seriously, why does anyone still play this game competitively? Ye olde Gen 4/5 days were pretty good. Weather was a little too good in Gen 5, but it was still pretty fun and there were more options available to you. Tiers can only do so much, man.

So what's your excuse /vp/? Why do you continue to slave away, playing such a disastrously unbalanced game competitively?
>>
I don't.

I burnt out on competitive years ago.
>>
Vgc is still fun
>>
>>24681113
lol vgc15 has been the most boring of them all
take your head out of your ass sometimes
>>
>>24681295 This. VGC14 meta was very interesting but VGC15 sucked. I hope they remove genies for 2016.
>>
>>24681104
I was getting bored of it until I realized Smogon is shit, these days I have lots of fun with VGC and battle spot singles/triples. Japan's strong competition helps.
>>
>>24681471
Ban all legends with a bst of 600

>this kills the genies
>this kills heatran
>this kills cress
>this kills the jets

>b-but articuno!!! fags still get their shit bird
>>
>>24681104
Play in lower tiers, honestly, where the power creep isn't so evident
>>
>>24681486
this so much
>>
>Gen 5
>Balanced

Get the fuck out. Gen 5 was the absolute worst gen in terms of competitive play.
>>
>>24682061

I thought it was Gen 1.

>Mewtwo

>Mewtwo

>Mewtwo

>Mewtwo

>Mewtwo

>Mewtwo
>>
>>24681104
>This game serious is so disgustingly unbalanced now
>praising Gen 4 & 5

ahahahaha
>>
>>24682061

This. Gen V was the one with genies, right? Holy fuck the genies, Heatran, Cresselia, Darkrai made shit so braindead. I gave up because every team was the same shit. Heatran somewhere. A genie. It gets old.

I think the Mega Evolutions could be tinkered with here and there, but they've actually injected some life back into the game ant things are interesting again.
>>
>>24681104
For fun
>>
>>24681104
fug
>>
>>24681109
This. It stopped being fun years ago.
>>
>>24681104
>So what's your excuse /vp/? Why do you continue to slave away, playing such a disastrously unbalanced game competitively?
Habit honestly. Been playing this shit since IRC simulators, I loved gen 2 and 3 metas.

Now we have fags complaining about long battles and anything more complex than "deal big damage every turn" and we got this mess.

Gen 4 was started this braindead gameplay and it went downhill from there. New genners will never know the pleasure that is Focus Punching a Skarmory.

>>24681486
Thundurus is 580.

VGC's saving grace was pentagon rule in 2014. Kang without Low Kick wasn't too bad, no genies and Heatran to fuck up every steel type meant Mawile + Goth Trick Room teams was the big threat.

But then GF being GF just released all legends and move tutors in ORAS. The only hope is gen 7 with a "hexagon rule" or whatever, this time without retarded decisions.
>>
>>24682090
What is species clause
>>
>>24681104
Dragon was a pain without fairy.
>>
>>24681104
You come just too shitpost, you are clearly superior than all of us manchildren. Go, you have a company ton tun, a family con comfort, and a bomb to defuse, to save the president long lost son.
I mean, that or you are just a sad fuck
>>
>>24682103
Good genies were banned in gen 5
>>
>>24682326
Not in Gen 4, all the broken dragons were banned and Dragonite only had the option of Inner Focus and Inner Focus. If you wanted a Dragon-type to use in OU it was him or shit like Flygon
>>
"We"'re making a new tier because several monsters were simply too good to stay with the others. We deny the fact that they actually became too strong because we isolated every of their counter in lower tiers in the first place. Cheers."
>>
So were there any balanced metas post- RSE?
>>
>>24682373
>we isolated every of their counter in lower tiers in the first place.
How did you come to this conclusion when you can use lower-tier monsters anyway?
>>
>>24682395
Because their are people there who actually think playing NU mon in OU should be prohibited.
>>
>>24682326
And now fairy is a pain, complemented by Landorus' Earthquake.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.