[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this a Japan only game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 660x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 660x409
Why was this a Japan only game?
>>
>>24679956
I imagine the low sale rates of WiiWare wasn't enough to justify localization costs
>>
>>24679956
it's better that way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgw81efYZtg
>those sound effects
>>
>>24679956
Because they sucked.
>>
>>24679956
It sucked ass.
>>
>>24680009
>>24680155
Can anyone explain? I always see people saying they suck but they never say why.
>>
>>24680552
The gameplay itself is good, it's almost identical to the DS games. I would even say dungeon layouts are even better in this one. Another good thing is that you can use the DS as a controller.
Japan seems to have had some cool online stuff, but I don't think it's of much importance to us. The starter selection is nice too.
Everything else isn't as good. I've seen people complaining about how types are distributed in the game, complaining about the Pokémon Towers being too powerful (I always assumed I just needed to level up a bit, but some say it's just a bad mechanic). Something I can actually say it's worse than the DS games gameplay-wise is that enemies can evolve if they defeat one of your partners. And after evolving, they're hardly stoppable and are going to defeat your whole team. This could have been handled better.
This is what I would tell you, but I guess most people didn't like that its story is "ooh i want to eat chocolate! let's go find the treasure! whooaaaaa the treasure is: FRIENDSHIP. YAY! wait, i lied! the treasure is... a cookie! You got it because you understand the importance of friendship, so now you're going to share it with the whole town!!!! NOW LET'S GO FIGHT ARCEUS FOR NO REASON AT ALL.", most of the music is dumbed down Explorers music and almost three new tracks and Wiiware Pokémon models. The whole game feels like what you'd expect from the postgame of a PMD game.
Aside all of this, it being Japan exclusive and requiring you to either buy it from the Japanese eShop for 15000 Wii points (or do they use Yen there?) for each of the three games (which actually try to make a complete one, since they share the same saves) or to download them from the internet as .wad files and installing them to your hacked Wii or playing it on Dolphin on a computer that can run it decently and not having even a basic menu translation limits its userbase a lot, so not a lot of people actually tried it out.
>>
>>24680690
D-does anyone care about the useless stuff I wrote?
>>
>>24681422

Too long; didn't read.
>>
>>24681500
b-but
w-well okay
>>
>>24681422
I read it all. That is a reasonable complain about why it didn't got international releases.
>>
>>24680690
Read it, thanks for explaining buddy :~)
>>
>>24682528
=D
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.