[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vp/ixelmon server
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
Hey, so I was thinking it would be cool if /vp/ had a pixelmon server again.
I've actually prepared a few things, too:

>most plugins done
>map created by /int/'s server owner (map of eastern hemisphere)
>dedicated and won't crash

Would anyone be interested? I'm thinking of making it towny with a sort of "alternate reality" theme where it's the real world but with Pokemon.
>>
>>24676991
Eh. maybe. It just annoys me that you have to install the Technic Pack to do this.
>>
>>24677042
You don't, just Forge and Pixelmon.
>>
>>24676991
Ive always like pixelmon servers, they just die in less then a month
>>
>>24677782
I've hosted servers that lasted years. If I can get enough people interested, I can do it desu
>>
>>24679616
maybe. what about legendaries though?
>>
I miss hosting a pixelmon server. If I hadn't been kicked out of neetdom, I'd still be doing it.
>>
>>24681800
If you want, you can help set some things up/give advice. It'd be nice.
>>
>>24681800
I couldn't play on it towards the end because my computer didn't have enough ram.
>>
>>24676991
Will you be using any furniture mods? I need more furniture so I can reach maximum comfy.

Actually if you could list all the mods and plugins you'd be using that'd be great.
>>
>>24682957
Well, I'd like to do as few mods as possible. However, if we do, we'll use CustomNPCs, which includes quite a bit of furniture along with, well, custom NPCs.
>>
>>24684077
What does it add?
>>
>>24676991
Have a poster. I'd be in.
>>
>>24685088
Lots of different furniture, weapons, banners, and of course, it allows admins to make custom npcs.
>>
I just had a random urge to play Pixelmon again, so I'd probably join if it was to return. I'd prefer it if it had the Gen 1/2 feel to it again, with fewer mods and more of a free roam. Gen 1's spawn town was real nice.
>>
>>24686998
Yeah, I'm planning on making there only be 2 mods, 3 tops.
Here's the idea:
We have a map of Eurasia + Africa, and Towny. You can create towns dedicated to a specific aspect of pokemon-- some towns can be friendly. Others can use them for mounted combat.

I'm planning on having everything free (as in no donating), except stuff like legendaries, since /vp/ is a small board and I can pay myself. Even then I'll try to do events (twice a month) to give people a chance at rare things, such as shinies, 6IVs, or magic items.
>>
Be sure to use a fork of Cauldron, its maintained by spigot if I believe correctly.

Also, don't get overly ambitious, I let others set up g4 and that's what failed it. The original dream was Pixelmon, everything else is a plugin through cauldron.

That being said, the mods you do add, keep them small and purposeful. MrCrayfish adds comfy furniture, HarvestCraft adds more food options. Those two together give the player a lot of role playing enjoyment. CustomNPCs is something I wanted to add personally, it allowed for a more living world. However, keep in mind that a lot of stuff in that mod can't be crafted, so you'll need a plugin to supplement it, just like we had on in the original to supplement the pixelmon recipes. So many other things can, and should be handled by plugins to keep what the player has to do very small, timewise and download as well.

The overall goal of your server should be to bring the autists together to pretend they're living with their pokemon. I'll keep an eye on this, I'd much more enjoy running alongside as a moderator/admin instead of an owner for once if you wanna hook your favorite OP up. IGN: ProfRowan

I'm going to keep an eye on this project ofnyours, I'd love to see the server rebuilt again, I just don't have the resources to do it myself. Godspeed anon.
>>
>>24687378
Thanks for the info. Got a skype?
>>
>>24687475
Yeah, I won't post it here for obvious reasons, but I'm in the public circlejerk from gen4.
>>
>>24687581
Hm. Got a username on showdown? I can message you there.
>>
Another pixelmon server would be so cool, please set one up OP
>>
>>24687617
TheProfessorRowan
>>
Bump, anyone who wants to test it out message CharlieTheAnon on showdown
>>
>>24688515
Will give out some nice things to first 5 beta testers, so far we have 2
>>
I miss the old /vp/ixelmon server. The people in the server was pretty cool.
>>
>>24692134
I've been here since Gen 1 anon, I may come back
>>
>>24688515
Still in need of people to help set up.

>>24692134
>>24692409
We have a few of the people from the old serb, as well as the owner, who said he'd help.
>>
Bump.
Also, the guy from /vp/ixelmon said he'd put the mods we're using into a modpack.
>>
Bump.

I've been doing my normal OP shenanigans and disappearing for periods of time just like our Lord and Savior, Putin. I'm working with the new owner in hopes of getting this up and running with the same success of gen2.

That being said, I'll begin my work on mod pack configuration and uploading come tomorrow.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.