[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: unpopular pokemon opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: ma mons.png (629 KB, 2058x956) Image search: [Google]
ma mons.png
629 KB, 2058x956
Gen V is my favorite gen, and I really don't get why it gets so much hate on here. also, there is nothing wrong with being a smogonfag OR a karenfag, play how you want to play the game.
>>
File: froakireeeee.jpg (54 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
froakireeeee.jpg
54 KB, 900x900
>>24676710
GET OFF MY FUCKING /VP/
>>
>>24676710

That's actually a popular opinion t.b.h
>>
I'm with you OP. Gen V was the most innovative gen in all respects. The story, the new Pokémon set, the mechanics (seasons, critical captures, dark grass, etc.) and the animated sprites. People just bash it because it's not familiar enough for them. Been playing since U.S. release date of R/B.
>>
>>24676686
>R/S/E and OR/AS were good
>>
I like Aromatisse more than Spritzee
>>
>>24676730
Its not just that. I feel like its just /vp/ that hates it. Even /v/ will admit that gen V is good, and they don't like anything
>>
>>24676730
>seasons, critical captures, dark grass
>more innovative than abilities, double battles, physical/special split, breeding, hold items

The only good/relevant changes in gen 5 were non-consumable TMs and hidden abilities.
>>
Pokemon lasted longer than it should have

The only important games are
>Crystal
>emerald
>BW2
>FR/LG
other games are a waste of time
>>
>>24676816
In fact, forget emerald. You only need to play one of the other three.
>>
>>24676730
I wish they had made the seasons time based instead of making them change each month.
>>
>>24676825
y'know, that's also a thing I don't get. where is this love for gen 3 coming from? I've noticed that for the past year or so, more and more people are saying that gen 3 is the best, when previously before /vp/ had a lot of hate for it. I could just say honen babies, but that feels unfair to the people that really do love honen without the nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>24676816
>BW2
For what reason?
>>
Iris was a fun and good anime protagonist, Gardevoir is a boring as shit Pokemon, Delphox is the best Kalos starter, as well as Kalos having the best starter trio. Team Plasma is the best villain team, and Hugh is the best rival.
>>
>>24676857
Because it's the best obviously
>>
>>24676686
I think Unova is the worst region
>>
I hate breloom and heracross
>>
>>24676815
but what you don´t get is, none of those features were removed in gen V:
That´s why gen V is regarded the ´best´ not the most ´innovative´. Even though I consider the changes made in gen V some of the bigger ones
>>
File: 1447912660054.png (106 KB, 311x333) Image search: [Google]
1447912660054.png
106 KB, 311x333
>>24677057
why???
>>
I think that Iris is the best girl for Ash.
>>
>>24676852
I don't know about you but, the love for Gen 3 has been around for a while outside of /vp/.
>>
>>24678978
Gen 3 is one of the most popular gens outside of /vp/ from what i've seen along with gen 1.
>>
>>24676686
I think you and me would be good friends,OP.
Anyway,here's mine:
Gen 1 sucks ass.
>>
>>24678990
I've never quite understood why though.
I can kinda understand Gen 1. But what is it about Gen 3 that everyone loves?
Just asking.
>>
>>24678990
And /vp/ hates it exactly because of that.
>>
>>24676686
> I really don't get why it gets so much hate on here
Because it has the closest thing to an actual storyline. The pokemon fanbase hates any kind of story that requires you to have the attention span of a 4 year old or more.
>>
>>24679005
I've seen mostly people liking gen 3 simply for it's music and Steven.
Yes, just Steven. As well as Maxie and Archie. I've asked some people before on why their favourite is Hoenn but I can't get any serious answers aside from that.
>>
>>24678990
>Literally the gen that created nostalgiafags
>one of the most popular
>>
>>24676686
I don't feel that Gen V is either overwhelmingly loved or hated.
If anything, its in a more controversial state.
>>
>>24679047
People either absolutely hate Gen V or love Gen V.
I've never seen anyone between that.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.