[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got this beauty - should I get XY or ORAS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: new3dsxl.0.jpg (29 KB, 660x426) Image search: [Google]
new3dsxl.0.jpg
29 KB, 660x426
Just got this beauty - should I get XY or ORAS?
>>
Why not both? But if you buy both start with XY so you can learn about mega evolution
>>
Get Z, stay away from ORAS
>>
xy is great
>>
Oras really is the most boring and easy pokemon game ever made. Might be fun for nostalgia though.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
How easy is it to remove the top screen caseing on the n3ds?

Congrats anon
>>
Mad there was no blue one when I bought mine :(

Also ORAS is awesome. Its a cakewalk yes, but so is XY. The Exp Share really does ruin it,

/vp/ is a bunch of autistic retards that thinks the story in pokemon games means jack and shit, think grinding mindlessly for hours on end is somehow a challenge, or that getting fucked by RNG in the battle frontier was somehow fun.

But yeah, I'd get both. Kalos is pretty big compared to Hoenn and its pretty fresh to explore, but ORAS for nostalgia and just for all the legendaries you can catch post game
>>
>>24675443
Z
meanwhile,get SMD
>>
>>24675443
X/Y is fun, just remember to turn off exp share when you get it.
>>
Both because both are awesome.
>>
DON'T GET ORAS
>>
Get ORAS since that's the most recent and relevant release. Some mystery gifts are also exclusive to ORAS and not XY.

If you have cash to burn later, you can spend $15-25 on a used copy of X or Y.

Meanwhile, you should get Super Mystery Dungeon starting tomorrow.
>>
>>24675443
Wait for Z or buy XY
>>
ORAS is what I'd recommend first (found it to be more entertaining than XY personally) but it is your call anon. Eventually try to play both.
>>
>>24675443
XY is one of the shittiest games of all time, and ORAS is decent at best. Don't bother with XY though because, while we don't know when it's going to be released, there's hope for a third game that fixes all the problems XY had. ORAS is great for competitive, however, as it allows you to breed and check IVs faster, as well as having great move tutors in the same island where you can do what I just mentioned. That, and they also just stopped caring about XY since most online competitions and events are ORAS only.
>>
>>24675443
XY, while not great, are more worth your time and money than ORAS. Weaker story, but more content and better added features.
>>
>>24678091
I wouldn't call XY "shitty" on objective terms, but yeah, ORAS is more relevant since GameFreak decided to stop caring about XY for events.
>>
>>24675443

How does it look outside?
>>
>>24675443
First answer this, what pokemon games have you played?
>>
Just wait a few months to see what's going on with the third version.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 350x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 350x281
>>24675496
Easy? I dunno.

On a 5 party run with worst nature shitmons Atm and heading back to the pokecenter every 3 trainer battles.
>>
>>24675443
Wait for RBY.
>>
>>24675443

Did you get the blue one? How did you even get that? My stores only sell either Red, Black, or the Zelda one.
>>
>>24675443
Neither, come on OP, why waste time with trash like pokemon when there are so many great 3DS games? You could be playing great games like majora's mask and MH4U.
>>
>>24675520
You mean you let an item that is completely optional to use ruin multiple playthroughs?
I get the first time in XY, since you might not know exp. share with overlevel your pokemon, but why didn't you turn it off in ORAS?
>>
>>24678457
those are default colors for europe.
>>
>>24675443
6th Gen sucks all around for general jrpg purposes. Story sucks in both games. You choosing between crap and shit. If you're into cart competitive, it is recommended to get the latest game because GF/Nintendo favors those games with updates/new features/etc. Here's a quick breakdown:

>XY: visit the new Kalos region
+ introduces mega evolutions
+ very large Kalos Pokedex of ~450 different Pokemon
+ waifus and husbandus for one and all
+ you get rollerskates
+ has a nice little side quest postgame
+ game is an homage to original Kanto region
- game is an homage to original Kanto region
- game pacing escalates extremely quickly after a certain point in the game
- do you like Lucario? It is GF's imperative that you will
- there are only ~70 new species of Pokemon (we usually receive upwards of ~100-130+ new species)

>ORAS: revisit the Hoenn region from RS
+ new mega evolutions that are unavailable in XY
+/- Pokedex remains largely the same from the original RS
+ Pokedex UI/bottom screen has more options than XY
+ even more waifus and husbandus
+ you can sneak walk really slowly (no rollerskates)
+ new postgame plot after you "beat" the game
- unlike past remakes, minimal content is used from Emerald. Whereas HGSS incorporated Crystal's subplot heavily and replaced the Game Corner with a minigame. Here are some common complaints:
- no game corner
- no battle frontier (only copy/pasted Battle Maison from XY)
- (arguably) lowered difficulty. especially apparent in early game.
- forced scenes that were not present in the original games
- do you like Lucario? no? Okay take this Latios/Latias instead.
+ Flannery best girl
>>
>>24678839
>- no game corner
Literally who cares???
>>
>>24678865
enough people to have vocally complained about it when ORAS came out. I was just listing common complaints anon.
>>
>>24678477

Actually, there's more than just those.
>Mario Land
>Fire Emblem Awakening
>Sm4sh Bros
>One of the Atlus RPGs
>Bravely Default
>Luigi's Mansion 2
>Cubic Ninja, which opens up many options for emulation

I'd say wait until Z for shit to SLIGHTLY get better.
>>
>>24678371
kek

must feel kinda shitty tho to go to these lengths to make the game somewhat challenging
>>
>>24675443
ORAS was trash and there is no point in getting XY now that Z is less than half a year away.
>>
Wait for RBY.
>>
Whatever you choose, turn off the exp. Share , it ruins the game making it retardly easy
>>
>>24675443
you should've got a 3DS with 9.2 and pirated them
>>
>>24675443
go for X then OR or go for Y then AS. So you can get a fresh national dex full.
>>
>>24681698
>>24675457

>less than half a year away

Nice meme, go back to /v/ pretend you bought 40 Wii Us and had to sell them away.
>>
>>24681624
>underaged newfags raiding the site don't know what special runs are

That's why you don't see much talk about nuzlockes nowadays
>>
>>24675443
Both.
Some autist has turned having an opinion on ORAS, good, bad or mixed, into a fucking meme.
>>
>>24678839
>- (arguably) lowered difficulty. especially apparent in early game.
But the trainers have higher levels. If anything this should be a +/-
And what are these forced scenes?
>>
>>24675443
Both.
XY first.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.