[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, do we all agree that Sinnoh was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: 800px-Pt_Sinnoh.png (937 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
800px-Pt_Sinnoh.png
937 KB, 800x566
Now that the dust has settled, do we all agree that Sinnoh was the best region?
>>
>>24674992
Yes
>>
>>24675000
nice genwar post
>>
>>24675000
The trips have spoken and the truth is revealed.
Gen 4 was Shit, Laggy as fuck. And wifi battles were ruined by impossibly powerful pokemon. How can anyone appreciate this peice of shit? Along with it spawn some useless mythology of a shit teir god pokemon who can't even learn every HP but suposedly created all pokemon? Get fucked gen 4.
>>
>>24675061
Meant to say HM and TM but you get what i mean
>>
>>24675061
It's pretty comfy tbqh
>>
>>24675070
getting 20 fps on a DS wasn't comfy. And the transition between pokemon encounters was worse for this reason.

The region was decent. However the game and format it was programmed with is by far the worst generation to date.

Gen 1 had game breaking glitches but at least encounters didn't take 5-7 seconds for the pokemon to actually appear on the screen. That's not including how shitty the side scrolling was because of the lag almost like a printer was drawing the lines frame by frame. ORAS if played on a 3DS with the 3D activated but at least it wasn't as horrible as the frame rates from pearl and daimond. Holy fuck. I quit playing pokemon after that game,.... Until black came out and it was a better experience.
>>
>>24675070
Also that's ignoring the impossible pokemon being used by cheaters in WIFI during those times. With 999 hp and 999 in all stats. It wasn't till 5th gen and beyond that they actually did a damn thing about it by adding a cap to levels and putting a cap on some abilities albeit some impossible pokemon with moves they can't possibly learn did make its way in 5th gen but at least it got nullified by the hack block. Of course that's only to do with online gameplay.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x283
>>24675075
>>24675080
You have such shit taste that you can't look past minor technical difficulties to see the brilliance of Sinnoh and the DP concepts. I bet you get online and bitch about RBY glitches oh my nards
>>
>>24674992

Eh, mt coronet and the snowy north were cool, but besides that nothing about the region was especially interesting. Hoenn had better environments all around, and Johto already had something similar to mt coronet with dark cave spanning half the region's map.
>>
>>24675121
The lag isn't just a technical glitch.
It completely affects the pacing of the game.
It ruins the narrative and game play itself.

This into just muh graphics. It's muh entire game play experience.
>>
Of course
>>
>>24674992
Yes
>>
>>24674992
Purely in terms of regions, not the attached games:

Hoenn > Sinnoh > Johto > Kalos > Unova > Kanto
>>
>>24674992
>too many grass and mountain routes
>the same annoying gimmick of sticking to the ground every damn time
>Shitty pokemon variaton

No by far not.
>>
>>24675549
Switch Hoenn and Johto and it's prefect.
>>
Running around Mt Coronet over and over was tons of fun.
>>
>>24674992
Has great pacing and Pokemon distribution, both in the wild and for trainers, so battles don't get boring (thank god, because it's the only thing that saves the experience from the god-awful lag).

The region is also fairly open, and exploring all the different sprawling paths is rewarding and doesn't feel like you're being shuttered into an arbitrary playing experience.

That being said, when you do encounter a roadblock, it's usually very contrived (Psyducks blocking an entire route because they have a headache, people having a conversation conveniently in front of a road gate, environmentalists blindly protecting a lake, etc).

I like how Team Galactic has Commanders there to fight you at the end of most missions, but most of what Galactic did was nonsensical (how did they steal energy from the Windworks? Why are they sending out multitudes of goons to collect honey? What purpose did their HQs serve, really?).

Music is amazing and the towns feel varied and atmospherically different.
>>
>>24675080
>complaining about an optional feature
>>
>>24676356
this desu senpai
>>
>>24674992
1. - No. Because of Arceus.

2. - only 493 Pokémon?
I need two Pokémon. Not 493 of them.
A Pokémon could be Anything.
Why hasn't Nintendo and Game freak ficture this out yet?
>>
>>24676484
It's Two thousands Pokémon.
>>
>>24674992
I have two things that make Sinnoh not perfect to me:

- The post game island it's to fucking hot, I don't care about Stark Mountain, you are at the same latitude of Snowpoint City.

- A lot of cities are ugly as fuck
>>
>>24675075
so you just skipped a single game (hgss)
>>
>>24674992
>Now that the dust has settled
Oh boy, it's this faggot again.
>>
File: Winter Dawn 3.jpg (96 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Winter Dawn 3.jpg
96 KB, 600x600
>>24674992
>Most comfy region.
>Best Pokegirl.
>Best music.
>Meh Pokemon.
Best overall.
>>
>>24674992
No, but we can agree that Johto was objectively the worst.
>>
>>24677314
>Best Pokegirl.
Gardenia was pretty good, it's true. Too bad the playable female was garbage trash.
>>
>>24677329
Generation 4 > 2 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 3

After the disappointment that was called ORAS I hope people realize generation 3 was truly the worst. It did however had one of the best Pokegirls: May
>>
>>24677314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qteowg4-D-c
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJpdmA90zMg

And some of the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqBaDX33Eew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn8c9vbUMIY
>>
great, now we're in that period where sinnohfetuses finally became adults after D/P was their first pokemon game and now will start begging for their own special snowflake remake like hoennfags did.
>>
File: giratina blue.jpg (238 KB, 702x810) Image search: [Google]
giratina blue.jpg
238 KB, 702x810
Pluses
>Diverse Region, varied towns/atmospheres
>The climax at the top of Mt. Coronet was cool
>Good side characters
>Enjoyable evil team
>Plot was fun
>Phys/Spec. split
>Good protag designs
>Platinum actually fixed many issues, instead of being a reskin with a new area
>Lore

Minuses
>Slow and laggy, almost to the point of unpleasantness
>Weird inbetween graphics
>Too much HM reliance
>Too many trips inside Mt. Coronet
>Bad pokemon distribution
>Bad new pokemon outnumber the good ones
>New contests didn't hold a candle to the RSE ones

Looking back, I enjoyed it more than I remembered for a while, but it certainly wasn't perfect.

Still better than Johto
>>
>>24677410
Oh, and it had some great music.
>>
>>24677377
Maybe a remake would fix it.
As long as they don't make it super easy They probably will, I shouldn't lie to myself and fix the fuckups from the originals, it could be a good game.
>>
>>24677410
>Too much HM reliance
That is my biggest gripe with D/P/Pt. God was it heavy
>>
>>24677450
Having an HM slave was always kind of recommended, but DPPt was the only time it felt absolutely, 100% necessary. All that Rock Climbing and Defog was terrible.

At least they had Bidoof, who coudo 9/10ths of the HM needs in one.
>>
>>24677464
>coudo
could do*
>>
>>24675061
>suposedly created all pokemon
No, just the universe
>>
>>24674992
honestly it looks like a vag!na
>>
>>24676356
>Has great Pokemon distribution
Except for fire types
>>
>>24676521
>you are at the same latitude of Snowpoint City.
The UK is around the same latitude as Canada, but it's much warmer because of the Gulf Stream.
Same thing could be happening in Sinnoh.
>>
>>24677464
>All that Rock Climbing and Defog was terrible.
And Strength
And Rock Smash
It's one thing that you need Surf to get to Cinnamon Bar Island, it's another thing when 90% of the fucking map is un-accessible
>>
>>24677529
I don't know what it is, but I have the worst memories of that area before Celestic Town.

All that defog still sends chills down my spine.
>>
>>24677561
>What's that? You don't have Defog?
>HAVE FUN FIGURING OUT WHERE TO GO, FUCKER!
>Are you upset you can't see shit, cap'n?
>WELL SO CAN'T YOUR TEAM
I prefer Flash to Defog, my god. And fuck whoever thought having a foggy cave was a good idea
>>
>>24677529
To be fair, traveling up and down a destroyed island with little hope for urbanization WOULD require a little hard work.

I didn't explore Cinnabar island until much much later, though, holy shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 650x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 650x478
>>24677314
>best girl
Whatever you say, delusional
>>
>>24677575
>I prefer Flash to Defog, my god. And fuck whoever thought having a foggy cave was a good idea
Ask me before I played DPPt and I would think anyone's crazy for prefering Flash over anything.

Ask me after? I'd take Flash any day over Defog.

>Foggy cave
Legitimately the stuff of nightmares at that point
>>
>>24674992
>dust settled meme
>3015-2000+1005-5
>>
>>24677353
You have got that almost precisely backwards. Hoenn was far and away the most varied, personal and well-thought-out, and is only hated here because of the ORAS hate bandwagon.

Johto and Sinnoh were garbage-tier clusterfucks of bad layout and HM spam, with no redeeming features. Except Sinnoh had a snow route so I guess it's "comfy" or whatever.
>>
>>24677611
How would you feel if they made D/P/Pt in X/Y/ OR/AS style?
And every foggy area is in 3rd person unless you have Defog?
>>
>>24677337
>Gardenia
My nigga. Some nice taste right-
>Too bad the playable female was garbage trash.
So close.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.