[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game is pretty fun. It's no pokemon killer though, its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: youkai_watch_west_hasbro_toys.png (400 KB, 660x448) Image search: [Google]
youkai_watch_west_hasbro_toys.png
400 KB, 660x448
Game is pretty fun.

It's no pokemon killer though, its too simplistic and a lot more relaxed. not really goal oriented the way pokemon stories are, its just "Go do this sidequest earn exp and items" kind of deal. Something you just take slow and enjoy. Kind of reminds me a lot of Ni no kuni.

Theres also no real strategies to the battles, not the way pokemon is, at least. theres eight types, but the unity bonuses gained from them barely help you at all, and its just easier to bum rush with whatever yo-kai you want. Its not like STAB at all.

Evolutions a bit wonky. Theres only 15 types of yokai that can evolve, and the ones that do arent very interesting. the others are gained through fusion, but those are tough to go after, and by the time you're done, you'll probably already have beaten the story and everything, so theres no real reason to. Not like theres online battling.

All and all, its pretty fun. but its also kind of lack luster. Like fantasy life. you enjoy it for like a day, then you drop it.
>>
>>24671745
The game itself isn't what is "killing pokemon" though, it's the whole yo-kai phenomenon in japan. The first game is only a tiny part of that.
>>
>>24671745
wow... i never expected i YW thread here without the usual Shitpost of how its gonna kill Pokemon...

Well done Anon, well done

finally some faith in /vp/
>>
I enjoyed this more than I enjoy 6th gen from pokemon currently
surely there is third version coming so it can change stuff but still
>>
>>24671745
its pretty boring senpai
>>
>Not Pokémon

You know where it goes, dingbat...

>>>/v/
>>
>>24672031
>Comparing it to pokemon

Still on topic. dingbat.
>>
File: QHV2ScD.jpg (850 KB, 829x6077) Image search: [Google]
QHV2ScD.jpg
850 KB, 829x6077
>>24671745
>Theres also no real strategies to the battles
There kinda is and kinda isn't. Random battles are pretty lackluster, but boss fights do require some pre-coordination and plan before the fight begins
>>
>>24671767
This. The phenomenon part is also big in the pokemon franchise.

Though I still dont see pokemon being killed even taking that into account.
>>
File: 1434562409267.png (19 KB, 196x229) Image search: [Google]
1434562409267.png
19 KB, 196x229
>>24672183
>Pokemon rip off

But its not? Have you people seriously never played any other RPGs? It's nothing like pokemon, in fact it borrows far more from Dragon quest monsters, Ni no kuni, and SMT.

The only ties to pokemon are the 6 party slots, and the tribes, The elements are no different then a traditional RPG.

Other then that theres nothing pokemon related. No online battling, No badge collecting, No evil team screwing things up. Nothing.

It feels and plays like a child friendly SMT game, You even give them items and money in the same fashion to coerce them into joining you. And it even the same retarded luck system.

Yokai are demons for fucks sake.

The people comparing this to pokemon have either never played it, or are just ignorant of literally ever other Monster RPG.
>>
>>24672183
Did you base the recomendations on designs too? Because I like all of those.
Thanks for the guide btw.

>>24672237
>Pokemon fans
>knowing anyhting that isnt pokemon
are you new?
>>
>>24671745
Is there some sort of Pokedex equivalent in YW?
Collecting is the most fun part of pokémon for me, and I don't think I could enjoy YW without something that logs my Yokai.
>>
>>24672259
Yes, the Yokai medalium
>>
>>24672259
you have to actually befriend them for it to count, there is no "seen" "caught" sort of deal. And befriending them involves random chances akin to recruiting in mystery dungeon.
>>
Few outside Japan give a shit about this crappy franchise, and it's people like OP shitposting with it that contribute to that (well not really).
>>
>>24672340
How is a valid critisism about a game I liked shitposting anon?

Do you even understand what that word means?
>>
>>24672259
Youkai Watch has really, really bullshit recruiting mechanics. You've have to be a huge masochist to try collecting all 200 of these things.
>>
>>24672250
I'm not the guy that made the FAQ. Thank the anon that did it on the ywg or the one from /v/.
>>24671745
it's still pretty sad that clickbait articles and shitposting gave it that name though, even if the game is fun.
>>
File: 49575288_p6_master1200.jpg (62 KB, 466x516) Image search: [Google]
49575288_p6_master1200.jpg
62 KB, 466x516
A reminder for everyone to motemote~ their favorite youkai!
>>
>>24672600
you know this thing is a dude right?
>>
File: 1435285413020.png (368 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1435285413020.png
368 KB, 1000x1000
>>24672701
Since day 1
>>
>>24672413
>You've have to be a huge masochist to try collecting all 200 of these things.
You've just described me exactly. Have been spending hours farming Noko and Castelius III.
>>
>>24671745
I have like 70 hours in it and 191/250 yo-kai. It's a lot of fun, not similar to Pokemon except for collecting monsters.

I hate how RNG recruiting is though. I will probably never get all the Crank-a-kai exclusive yo-kai either.
>>
File: 53030693_p16_master1200.jpg (439 KB, 765x1024) Image search: [Google]
53030693_p16_master1200.jpg
439 KB, 765x1024
>>24672758
>trying to get crank-a-kai exclusives
You're better off trying to get a shiny
>>
>>24672701
>he doesn't know about the mote fag
>>
>>24671767
It's not really killing Pokémon though. Yo-kai merch is down over 75% on last year and the anime keeps trading places with Pokémon as to which is more popular
>>
This game was just so overhyped over here. it didnt help that it was released AFTER halloween
>>
>>24675148
Blame those Inaho/USApyon centric episodes for that weird fluctuation.
>>
File: 1447621421707.gif (2 MB, 440x253) Image search: [Google]
1447621421707.gif
2 MB, 440x253
>people keep saying "It's almost exactly like Pokemon"
>play it
>it's more like Dragon Quest Monsters, with both the personality system and how you can catch monsters, along with some of the pun humor when it comes to names
>people will just continue to say "It's Pokemon"
>>
Only 20-something posts by 17 unique IPs. I guess people aren't getting baited by this shit as easily now after it flopped in North America?
>>
I played the demo, thought it was too childish in the game mechanics section. I know the demo isn't usually like the finished game, but the battling was so Damn boring.
>>
>>24675805
People just have Yo-kai Watch, Yokai Watch, or Youkai Watch added onto their filter so they don't see these threads under normal circumstances.
It's currently number 1 on the eshop sales list ever since its release (though it jumped from 1-3), so it might not be a huge flop
>>24675148
overstocking when demand is small is a bad business decision, especially when the third game has been delayed.
>>
>>24675148
post merch

anything good?
>>
>>24676348
>might not be
It never was gonna flop. Only retards actually believed this. Same type of retards that thought splatoon would flop.
>>
>>24676665

Sure looks like it flopped, when it couldn't crack the top 40 list for preorders in the U.S. less than one week before its release:

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/42309/USA/

I guess, ultimately, it depends on how you define "flop". When your hot new "Pokémon killer" gets its ass beat in the U.S. by a spin-off series (PMD) that doesn't sell all that well (compared to the mainline games), that's pretty laughable.
>>
>>24676736
>People actually think this.

its called advertising. Pokemon SMD is getting commercials, and flyers. it also sells on the name "Pokemon" alone.

To america, Yokai watch is brand new, and has little to no advertising, and is about as well known as Rodea the Sky soldier.

Factor in the time of release too, I came out in the same month as "GOTYAY FALLOUT4 10/10 MASTERPIECE!" The normal public wouldn't give two shits about it.

as far as they're concerned, Fallout 4, Ass creed syndicate and Blops 3 are all that came out.
>>
>>24676783
lol
>>
>>24676783
>Pokemon SMD is getting commercials, and flyers.
What fucking planet are you on? It got almost no fucking advertising.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.