[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's kill this meme. What exactly is wrong with ORAS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 21
Let's kill this meme. What exactly is wrong with ORAS?

Hard Mode: Don't mention the Battle Frontier
>>
>>24671516

It got made
>>
>>24671516
It's way too fucking easy.
Insufficient postgame.
>>
>>24671516
all the designs of the new megas are complete trash along with the rest of gen VI. GF needs to stop rushing their shit.
>>
>>24671516
The Battle frontier and the Battle frontier Cloning Glitch.
>>
>>24671516
Fuck you. Fuck these threads. Fuck people who still keep these threads alive. You all just go in circles and it's done to death. No one's going to convince the other side at this point. Just go whine about Z being teased for too long or something, just not this shit again.
>>
>>24671516
Other than "Hard Mode", no gym rematches.

That's it. It was pretty good. Certainly the best thing about gen VI so far.
>>
>>24671549
No. Battle frontier Cloning Glitch.
>>
>>24671516
>they didnt fix water issue
>villain team's roster is a lackluster like before
>plot is from RS, which is objectively worse than that from Emerald (muh RS remakes)
>Pokemon found in wild are pretty much the same

This game seems like a rushed remake to be honest. They didnt fix a goddamn thing.
>>
No BF. Post game is hardly better than XY if at all. Game isn't balanced around exp share and as a whole is way too easy compared to the originals with gym leaders being nerfed. No customization. Contests are hardly improved and are also over casualized thanks to the Pikachu.

Just lacks the polish HGSS had. HGSS felt like it had a lot of work put into it that made it worth having a remake in the first place. With ORAS I question whether I should even play it over Emerald.
>>
>what, people don't like things I like? Better call it a meme
postgame sucks, I hated how they made handhelding more obvious, FREE FUCKING LEGENDARY before 5th gym
>>
>>24671562
Also no post game worth my time.
>>24671566
>With ORAS I question whether I should even play it over Emerald.

This.
>>
Its a remake of the worst region with the worst selection of pokemon and the worst story/villians, but dumbed down, tons of sreas simplified or straight out removed, and less content than emerald

It still has x/y problems of terribke framerate and alot of the remixes in the game where terrible

Its also so easy it makes ither pokemon games look hardcore

Besides that there are tons of little issues in the game. Poor design choices that the decs seem to out in just to destroy any attempt at having fun with the game, like the sand traps at the battle resort

Its a really, really bad game. Not just a bad pokemon game, but a bad game in general
>>
>>24671562
what exactly did they fix in HGSS or FRLG?
>>
>>24671582
NateWantsToBattle please don't even try
>>
>>24671582
so its basically because people didnt like the Region to begin with?
that would explain why I enjoied ORAS WAY more than HGSS
>>
>>24671591
They didn't ignore blatant improvement from 3rd games.
>>
>>24671516
Did not feature Crystal content like HGSS did (in this case, Emerald content). Had less new content than FRLG.

Also
>what is wrong, but don't mention what is wrong!
>>
>>24671611
>ignores the fact that he listed all kinds of things that can be said even if you would like the region
>>
I find it funny how every single problem that people have with the game is either something that can also be said of XY, or just something they didn't like from the original RS.

>b-but ORAS didn't fix RS's mistakes
HGSS didn't fix GS's mistakes. Quit whining.
>>
>>24671622
bur those things weren't even citadel, anon.
>>
>>24671629
It's almost like both XY AND ORAS have been bad!
>>
>>24671636
>citadel
citated, fuck this phone
>>
>>24671516
ORAS for what is, is fine
ORAS for what it could've or should've been (depending on who you ask), is complete dogshit.

They also literally spoiled the entire game in prerelease news. You get no sense of exploration when the game is a remake of a game everyone has already played (the only new area to explore is Sea Mauville) and there is nothing to look forward to since if you followed up on news, everything was revealed.

Also shit being taken out of Ruby and Sapphire like the Safari Zone, limits on Pokemon Contests to make them easier, the ability to explore Granite Cave on first arrival and the Game Corner means the game literally has less content than its predecessors, which is totally unacceptable
>>
>>24671629
The thing is, XY isn't a remake. It's a brand new start of a gen with a new region and new Pokemon and a bunch of new features. That makes it easy to look past its problems. ORAS is a rehash with a pre built region and a pre built game engine yet it still failed to deliver and doesn't even have everything XY does.

And yes HGSS improved on the originals by adding an extra area to Johto and making Kanto more explorable. On top of that at least it didn't ignore the content from Crystal.
>>
Stop pretending like ORAS is some sort of a godsend. I would like to think that this board's existence is justified because of good, well-thought opinions. But it isn't.

>you dont like that game? b-bait!!!
>this game has a lot of problems due to it being rushed? f-fuck you!!!

Just another subreddit for Pokemon and dont mistake me for being a newfag. I have been here for few years and the irony is that you are the whiny bitch here. If someone is criticizing you should be okay with that because that means that this board is not a big hivemind.
>>
>>24671516
The games are easier than RSE which is a shame. Being a remake it could have at least had the same team lineups as RSE.

The fact that there are no gym Rematches yet there are trainer rematches is an odd choice as well just like how there weren't trainer rematches in XY but gym rematches at the Battle Chateau. It all just seems backwards.

The way of catching legendaries in the post game, albeit a nice concept, is bad in execution. Each of Hoopa's rings should have brought the player to a dungeon where the player had to do a puzzle and then encounter the legendary. It shouldn't have been time based either as it just makes things all the more tedious

The graphics look great but a lot of areas felt blocky and not as good as XY's areas. Camera angles could have been better used to create a better feel of immersion in more areas like XY.

While I understand why trainer customization wasn't in ORAS, they could have added a bit more than just the Contest Outfits, like getting to choose the default outfit but in red or blue colors.

Keeping the selection of Pokemon mostly the same was also a problem. We have 720+ Pokemon , there could have been a lot more variety. It's even more of a pain to complete the dex by yourself if you don't have two systems or Pokémon Bank.

The lack of unrevealed Megas is also a downer since all of them were shown before release.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>24671566
>Contests are hardly improved and are also over casualized thanks to the Pikachu.
What?
>>
>>24671669
>you like this game? stop sucking Masudas dick! OMGLOL!
>>
>>24671629
But that doesn't prevent it from being true though.
They kept some of the shittiest features of gen VI, while ignoring some of the popular ones, and didn't even fix the problems with RS that Emerald fixed 10 years ago.

I guess you could be satisfied with ORAS if you not only expected but also tolerate absolute minimum effort.
>>
>>24671619
>Had less new content than FRLG
Now this isn't true at all.

What new content did FRLG have? The Sevii Islands?
>>
>>24671689
>sevii islands
>not huge as fuck
have you even played them
>>
>>24671669
OR/AS are a godsend because ROM hacking exists, meaning we can make OR/AS better.
>>
>>24671676
Exactly what I said.
>>
File: cia.png (492 KB, 574x388) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
492 KB, 574x388
>>24671680
You are allowed to like ORAS but fuck off with trashing everyone who criticizes it.
>>
>>24671696
>this game is good, just let fans fix it first!
God, It's almost like bethesda all over again
>>
>>24671669
>implying there are not like 90% threads of how bad the games are and everytime someone says, he likes ist, it turns into a shitpoststorm of how bad the games are
>>
>>24671651
The Safari Zone wasnt taken out. Are people really mad that the retarded time limit was removed?
>>
>>24671709
Yes, I know. The fact that it was made is a godsend, not the way it was delivered.
>>
>>24671699
The Pikachu doesn't casualize anything. It has no advantage over your other mons, as the costume changes do nothing but give you a new move that isn't even all that great.

Contests are easy as fuck because they removed the pokéblock limit, meaning you can just max everything. I don't see what that Pikachu can do that your starter or a random Zigzagoon can't.
>>
>>24671716
People are mad that there is literally no difference between it and a regular route now.
>>
>>24671716
>missing the point entirely
>>
>>24671706
i dont mind, if someone dont like it, but everytimes someones says, he likes it,its followed by 100 shitposts of how bad those games are (not talking about critic here, but about those statements i already posted)
>>
>>24671723
if you need fans to fix your game, then the game itself isn't good
it's not fans job to fix your own game
>>
>>24671696
And worst
>>
>>24671734
Remember that this game was made because of the fans, but I don't like how Game Freak did decision, either. Nothing should be stopping fans from fixing a game where it needs, it would happen even if OR/AS were almost flawless.
>>
>>24671739
>>24671592
>>
>>24671617
>FRLG
>Third Game
Elaborate, please?
>>
>>24671783
Our RB are technically Gen I's "third game", I guess.

Because if he means Yellow he's full of shit.
>>
>>24671629
>HGSS didn't fix GS's mistakes. Quit whining.

Except RS were bad games, unlike GSC.
>>
>>24671829
Didn't you read the OP? It's meme busting time, anon.
>>
>>24671695
The Sevii Islands were just like the Looker story and Delta Episode and served no purpose after the Rocket conflict was resolved besides having some Johtomons

You just have bias
>>
>>24671516
>RSE had pretty much zero gates or transitions in the overworld
>ORAS: gates and transitions EVERYWHERE, even in the middle of routes and cities
Reminder that the reason they redesigned Mauville was because they wanted to add gates to the huge crossroad it originally was.
>>
>>24671731
>>24671726

What was the point? The post says they took out the Safari Zone which isn't true. The only difference between the Safari Zone and a regular route was the time limit which was unnecessary
>>
>>24671794
I think it's more along the line that Blue didn't really have any straight up improvements over RG. Aside from bug fixing it was just tweaking some pokémon encounters, in-game trades and remaking Cerulean Cave. None of that was straight up additional content and it's the same amount of content basically. There's no completely new content like Eusine subplot and Battle Tower in Crystal. Or BF, Mirage Tower, Trainer Hill and some more stuff in Emerald.

Yellow is just odd, I wouldn't say it is correct to call it a 3rd version even since it changes so many things to fit with the anime. For better or for worse.
>>
>>24671888
fuck
>>
>>24671829
GSC were boring games that are only praised because they have Kanto which is empty as all hell and only exists for the gym battles
>>
>>24671888
Reminder that this isn't a problem with the game but with the developer. GameFreak needs to learn how to optimize
>>
>>24671883
They were still 7 Islands that weren't included in the originals that you could explore and battle new trainers on.
>>
>Let's kill this meme

Stopped reading right there. I hate Gen 6 fags for making this shit form of "rebuttal" a thing
>>
>>24671917
And ORAS opens up an island that holds a Battle Tower-like area as well as other trainers sprinkled around the island. Numerous other islands are opened up as well that you can fly to in order to catch legendaries, Pokémon not native to Hoenn, and items you can't get in Hoenn
>>
>>24671883
Nah, Sevii Islands had new areas to explore and quite a few interesting NPC's scattered around too. The three first islands are part of the main story too.

That's not to say that I didn't like the Looker quest though, but for quite different reasons. Having so much small stuff going on in such an enclosed space was refreshing in pokémon. For once it wasn't about saving the whole region, I think I liked the Looker quest better than the main story in any pokémon game actually.

Delta Episode is just flying around to places you've been around the region. You're barely even doing anything until the end. Worst part is probably how terribly written Zinnia is.
>>
>>24671900
It's literally only a Safari Zone in name.
They took out the fee, the 30 Safari balls limit, step limit as you said, and completely changed the battle mechanics there to be exactly like a regular route.

Believe it or not but some actually liked having to catch pokémon in a slightly different way for once.
>>
>>24671901
I know that, which is why I said "I guess". I have no idea what we meant as FRLG don't exactly have a third game to "ignore blatant improvement from", either form the gen it's remaking or the gen it was remade on.

And yeah, Yellow was called "Special Pikachu Edition" for a reason. I hold it as something entirely different from a "third version".

>>24671900
I'm not either of them, but come on, the safari game was a lot different form a random route, the time limit was only one aspect of it. No weakening them, rocks and bait, they're prone to running away, etc.

Whether you think its removal is a good or a bad thing, it's pretty different from a normal route.
>>
>>24671957
And then those same people complain about the transfer minigames
>>
>>24671965
You have no way of knowing that.
>>
>>24671907
Still had Kanto while RS had nothing. You can meme all you want, there's a reason it's the most disliked games in the series. Literally the first ones that REMOVED content instead of adding. They removed even the fucking pokemon from the game.
>>
File: 1446774001923.png (254 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
1446774001923.png
254 KB, 800x640
>>24671942
>Worst part is probably how terribly written Zinnia is

Not this shit again
>>
>>24671973
because it is? You get just a tad bit more text and you're already sucking its dick?
She was absolutely horrible, and only morons without good taste think she was well written
>>
>>24671970
Quality>Quantity

Rather not have a empty region just for the sake of having it
>>
>>24671932
The problems with the Mirage islands as opposed to the Sevii Island is mainly how completely creative they are. Sevii Islands had some cool areas. Mirage Cave 1-8 and Mirage Forest 1-8 are literally the most boring and unimaginative areas I have ever seen in any pokémon games. The legendary areas dotted around on mirage locations are just as bad.
>>
>>24671980
What part about Zinnia was bad? That she had a different stance on how things work than everybody else?

And yes, with a series like Pokemon, more world building is a lot more interesting than just churning out some area with more trainers to fight.
>>
>>24671942
There was nothing wrong with Zinnia
>>
>>24672007
Problem with her was that she was presented as the good guy despite acting like a complete moron.

Delta Episode has the worst kind of world building though in the form of massive mandatory exposition dumps. I must more prefer to get small bits from different people you you meet here and there. You can learn some cool stuff about the Sevii islands if you take the time to look around and talk to people.
>>
>>24672032
It was on the Sevii Islands we learnt that Giovanni is Silver's Father.
>>
>>24672017
Well meme'd, have an upvote my good sir! : >
>>
File: 1417662268257.gif (718 KB, 252x199) Image search: [Google]
1417662268257.gif
718 KB, 252x199
>tv is on
>super mystery dungeon will be out soon
>they still advertise this shitty game
>>
Too easy.
Postgame is lackluster.
Lots of places feel soulless (Mauville).
Too easy.
Framerate issues weren't fixed.
Hand holding like crazy.
No Frontier (fuck you OP). I'd rather just have a Battle Tower if I had to pick between that and the Maison.
Oh, and it was too easy.
>>
>>24672069
Are you in the wrong thread buddy?
>>
>>24672087
No, I'm saying ORAS are shit games
>>
>>24672032
I wish they would bring the fame checker back. For someone that likes to talk to random NPCs and learns small bits about characters and put pieces of lore together yourself it was really handy.
>>
ORAS is shit and everytime you bring this game up, we will derail every thread with it.
>>
>>24672073
>Lots of places feel soulless (Mauville).
As opposed to Generic Pokemon Town # 8471965782465782274210 like it was before?

>>24672404
That's against the rules, so enjoy getting banned
>>
>>24672412
oh snap!
>>
>>24671516
It was worse than X/Y.
>>
>>24671992
>Quality>Quantity

Yeah? Too bad ORAS lacked in either.
>>
>>24671706
>trashing
>tumblr pic

This and the hugbox/circlejerk mentality kinda make you unwanted here, newkun

Here: >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>24671706
>>24671709
>>24671669
>>24672752

>shitposts all day with /v/ tier trolling and copypastas
>do it for an year
>eventually some fag disagrees, not even trolls back
>WAAAAAAH STOP HARASSING MEEE! RESPECT ME!!! WAAAAAAH!!!

Could be a good falseflag if it wasn't so cringey.
>>
>>24672765
It's literally the /v/ consolewars but here. Most, be it against the xbone, pc or nintendo were made by sonyfags from gamefaqs, and they'd admit it, but from time to time, they'd flood the place with falseflagging, on how they were being harassed and attacked by evil (insert boogeyman) who didn't respect innocent opinions, and that they were actually the victims.

I think this proves /v/ undersaged fags are using this board as playground now;
>>
File: 1435726389692.png (2 MB, 1362x1490) Image search: [Google]
1435726389692.png
2 MB, 1362x1490
>>24671543
>shitting on Pokemon designs
a reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>24672073
>Too easy.
JUST
>Postgame is lackluster.
wew lad easy mode
>Lots of places feel soulless (Mauville).
what the fuck does soulless even mean here?
>Too easy.
TURN
>Framerate issues weren't fixed.
this is gamefreak's incompetence, not specifically attributed to ORAS
>Hand holding like crazy.
IT
>No Frontier (fuck you OP). I'd rather just have a Battle Tower if I had to pick between that and the Maison.
le easy mode x2
>Oh, and it was too easy.
OFF

Why, in every single ORAS shitpost thread, do people not actually bitch about the BAD things?
It's as if they haven't played the fucking games.

>ctrl+f lati
>0 of 0

Throw this sack of shit into the >>>/trash/
>>
>>24671516
>same spam pic used on every day shitposting

Yep, no way the slug fucker is behind this one, must be a coincidence for the 1020293202930239th time.
>>
I get this is totally subjective, but in all honesty I don't really like Hoenn as a region and the regional dex doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>24671669

Stop pretending to rage at ORAS like it's some sort of a devilsend. I would like to think that this board's existence is justified because of good, well-thought opinions. But it isn't.

>you like that game I never played? b-bait!!!
>this game I never played don't justify circlejerks and tard-raging? f-fuck you!!!

Just another subreddit for Pokemon and dont mistake me for being a newfag. I have been here for few years and the irony is that you are the whiny bitch here. If someone is not raging at some game, you should be okay and not rage at shit you never played just to shit some autist's board you don't like, with that because that means that this board is not a big hivemind.

Fixed my typo, guise
>>
File: pepe gets social anxiety.jpg (38 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
pepe gets social anxiety.jpg
38 KB, 600x568
>>24672790
Holy shit, is /vp/ finally catching on?
I've known this for months.
Maybe the mods will figure it out, too!
>>
The Maison was lazy as fuck. When I got there, I expected to see Hoenn trainers because it's goddamn Hoenn. Instead
>Rising Star Geronimo
and alikes.
No customization. Looks like changing clothes is Kalos-only.
They give you a fuckin' Lati too early in the game. Even XY's roaming birds had some logic and fun.
Safari Zone is shit. Even Friend Safari would've been better.
Sky Pillar was simplified just because DEEPEST LORE.
Too much focus on the "remake" part instead of "improvement", it's just RS with better graphics.
The whole game was just "oh, you're so special, the chosen one, your bond with pokemon is beyond compare" BS.
>>
>>24672948
>The Maison was lazy as fuck.
So you confirm HGSS was lazy as fuck for copypasting Platinum's frontier?
>>
>>24672073
>soulless (Mauville)

I know you are just shitposting, but this is trying too hard, it's the one place that got much better. Can't you make shit up that actually works if you gonna do it all the time? I though /v/ taught you something.
>>
>>24672949
no, because Johto only had a Battle Tower before and the Frontier is an improvement which includes the Battle Tower anyway. ORAS is lazy for not including Emerald's BF. On top of that they added other side stuff in HGSS that weren't in the originals like the customizable Safari Zone, Pokeathlon, and Voltorb Flip. In comparison, ORAS dumbed down the safari zone, didn't add any new side game, and there was no effort to replace the game corner at all.
>>
XY is mediocre but satisfies the single player experience slightly more. ORAS was clearly made with the online scene in mind, and there is plenty of evidence for that. Neither are stellar but they're okay with ORAS being the best we've gotten for hunting HA's, hatching IV, and training EV.
>>
>>24672826
Also
>you like that game I never played? b-bait!!!
>this game I never played don't justify circlejerks and tard-raging? f-fuck you!!!

You are proving my point that people who blidnly defend ORAS are really fucking retarded. I wouldnt even come here if I didnt play ORAS at all, you failed abortion.
>>
>>24672948
>The Maison was lazy as fuck. When I got there, I expected to see different trainers instead of more of the same shit from all of Hoenn. Instead Bug Catchers and alikes.
>Friend Safari is shit. EvenSafari Zone would've been better.

This is why you don't nitpick blindly just for the sake of joining the circlejerk, memebase-kun.
>>
File: hirumake.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hirumake.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>24672970
>Oh no they catch on my autistic may mays and that I was just shitposting all along! H-Help meee I'm being triggered!
>H-h-hang yourself! I'm totes like, not new, I mean, wtf, u cis scum ecs dee!!

kek, you need to be 18 to even shitpost here, baby.
>>
>>24672973
While they skipped the battle tower they added several other features that you'll all be whining for once they're gone.
>>
>>24672979
Also
>you dont like that game? b-bait!!!
>this game has a lot of problems due to it being rushed? f-fuck you!!!

You are proving my point that people who blidnly rage ORAS are really fucking retarded shitposters. I wouldnt even come here if I didnt play ORAS at all, you failed abortion.
>>
>>24672979
>>24672970

Yes, keep sperging and raging. So you'll prove them that you are not baiting, but just a 10 years old fedoralard who dropped here last week. I think it'll gonna work.
>>
>>24672777
There's always a point on those circlejerking rage threads when this happen. The shitposters suddenly starts acting like a victim that got raped for giving out innocent opinions, it could work if the faggot didn't shitposted daily so hard. You can see they are trying to do it on this very thread.
>>
>>24672970
People are right and I'm wrong, so I'll tell everybody to kill themselves to save face, that always works on mah lebbit.

Gotcha work harder for dem upboats

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>24672777
this is very similar to sonypony threads now that I think of it. Through they tried to bring this circlejerk on /v/ and it failed even there. You won't see it anywhere on the internet either, even on /vp/ outside of 1/2 threads a day (proving it's a single small group of retards doing it). I mean, how shitty they'd need to be to not work out a shitpost on /v/ of all places?
>>
>>24672979
>a shitposter wouldnt even come here if they didnt play ORAS at all
>because nobody on 4chan ever crossed boards to shitpost elsewhere for n reasons

How new can you get to try that one, shitposter?
>>
>>24673009
>that you'll all be whining for once they're gone

not really. I'm not going to miss slower fly that can only be used with two pokemon or the rng grinding bottom screen gimmick.
>>
>>24673117
I'd be more inclined to believe you if people didn't still whine to this day about useless shit like following pokémon.
>>
>>24672782
>Hating on wazzhat

Fuck you. Wazzhat is great
>>
File: 1ui7k62i.vichan.gif (612 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1ui7k62i.vichan.gif
612 KB, 180x180
>this thread
>>
>>24673151
following Pokemon? yeah I don't miss it a lot either. It was a fun little feature but I can live without it.

What I WILL miss if they remove is customization. Which of course ORAS didn't have.
>>
>>24673180
>Missing the ability to be a special snowflake when it was never even needed for any of the previous 20+ games.

Yeah what a fucking tragedy, I can't be black anymore! or wear pretty dresses! or post selfies of me self to all my friends!

Good fucking riddance. Theres an established male, and established female for a reason.
>>
>>24673216
>limiting it to two genders

Fuck off
>>
>>24673117

What about flying to individual routes, blissey bases, an infinite loop with an IV judge and a daycare, simplified horde training, or dex nav?
>>
>>24673160
Why do teenage girls save gifs about grown man doing faggy, girly faces anyway? Do they project themselves into middle-aged man and want to emulate how they'd express themselves on them? Do teenage girls have difficulty understanding people that are different so they project their own over emotional behavior and obnoxious faces on men? This could be worthy a freudian analysis.
>>
>>24673224
>Supporting degeneracy
No sir,and or mam you fuck off.
>>
>>24673232

Nobody likes those things.
>>
>>24673216
>when it was never even needed for any of the previous 20+ games.
People's been asking for this feature in ages.

>Good fucking riddance. Theres an established male, and established female for a reason.
Please refrain from going full retard.
>>
>>24671516
Brendan's robotic face
>>
>>24673224
rot in aids tumblr
>>
>>24673216
>Theres an established male, and established female for a reason
Evidently not if XY allowed you to go against it.

I can already choose my name and gender. Why the fuck not choose my appearance? The "canon" bullshit doesn't matter while I'm playing the game. It's an RPG. The whole point is to be your own guy instead of some pre-established bullshit.

>>24673232
infinite loop is shit because of the sand

IV judge and flying shit is convenient but I won't care that much if it's removed. Taking a few seconds to fly every few party's worth of eggs isn't much.
>>
>>24673232

So what about blissey bases, consistent hordes and dex nav?
>>
>>24671516

>postgame is backtracking and exposition for 2 hours (and the only good thing to come out from it is Deoxys becoming a standard legendary)
>didn't even bother to replace the Game Corner
>Most of the tracks were better in the original. The only few that are better in the remake is the Team Leader Boss music, Diving theme and Rival Battle Theme.
>disgustingly easy, even for Pokemon standards.
>some of the legendary requirements are downright silly
>removing the safari zone
>removing the pokeblock mini game
>casualizing contests, and not making contests online
>move tutors are just copypasted from BW2. We really could have used some moves that weren't tutor moves in previous generations.
>
>>
>>24671725
Cosplaychu comes with maxed contest stats and really good contest moves .
>>
>>24673315

Is your children's game to easy?
>>
>>24671734
Fans aren't fixing anything, they are upset Gamefreak didn't make the decisions they think they want.
>>
>>24673315
They're not maxed. I just checked mine. It's about 3/4 pokéblocks worth. That's nothing.
>>
>>24671629
>HGSS didn't fix GS's mistakes.

Not all of them, but most of them.

Yeah, HGSS still has borked level scaling but you can tell they at least tried with the slight increase in Kanto Trainers levels, and yeah, Houndoom and Sneasel are still not catchable until postgame but the Safari Zone at least gave you a lot of the previously Kanto exclusive only mons for you to try out during your romp around in Johto like Misdrevous, Larvitar, Kangaskhan, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Mr. Mime, Murkrow, and a bunch others.

With ORAS they didn't even bother and the only problem they somewhat tended to was the size of the water routes. They are smaller, bt the encounter rate is still high and the pokemon variety is still borked.
>>
>>24673250
>>24673287
You are so close-minded that I have to pity you.
>>
ORAS does nothing interesting. It's not exactly bad. but its boring as all hell.

Team aqua magma are a fucking joke in the remake. Matt is some dudebro who loves his bro archie, and Tabitha is a fat fuck nerd whos self conscious about his weight. Instead of being the competent admins they were in gen 3.

Areas are boring. Gyms and elite four are a breeze. and theres literally NOTHING to do Post game.

also forced in megas
>>
>>24673232

I don't like that. Made it too easy for casuals to make competent teams.
>>
Conservatives STILL getting triggered over the smallest shit. When will you "people" evolve past the middle ages?
>>
>>24673289
No. Fuck off.

The game dictated two protaganists, One male, Calem, one female, Serena.

This is THEIR story, not some self insert fanfic where you get to tag along.

You dont play Zelda as black link, or trans link, or female link, you play as link, the hero of time, the established character for that narritive.

There is literally NO reason to change the characters the game already made for you. thats just you wanting some kind of pathetic pandering in a fucking video game of all things.

Go read politics and bitch to your girlfriends about that kind of thing if it offends you, but leave it the fuck out of video games and media.
>>
>>24673438

Is it really "their" story if they don't talk, you name them, and you make the few decisions they get to make with no input on how the character themselves would react? I get what you're saying and I sympathize with your point of view that identity politics doesn't need to be dragged into every game, but this game is full on immersion in a world where the setting is far more important than the main character, why not allow customization?
>>
>>24673438
That Gamergate rant tho.
>>
>>24673438

>link has characterization

In like one game he has characterization. I love Zelda but come on, it's not a fucking character study. Hell, the player characters default name (which you can change) is Link, as in your link to the world.
>>
>>24671965
Personally, I don't want to waste time with a limited battery life on trying to catch the pokemon I'm moving over. It's like "Congrats on ctaching that Pokemon! Now do it again if you want to move it to a new game!"
>>
>>24672782
Is that a male version of V-Dural?
>>
>>24671516
Didn't incorporate enough from Emerald, like facing both teams. Facing Carvanha over and over again got old fucking fast.

Battle Maison wasn't good, and this was the ONLY post-game (gym rematches would have been nice).

Awful framerates in 3D.
>>
>>24673620
>Awful Framerates
This was pretty much a leftover from X and Y's engine, you know. Clearly, those games weren't meant to be played on normal 3DSes or underclocked New3DSes.
>>
>>24672073
The Maison is the Battle Tower you faggot

At least the Maison has Frontier Brain-like figures instead of nothing at all
>>
>>24672948
>Even XY's roaming birds had some logic and fun.
What logic?

What fun?

It was never explained why they were in Kalos and their roaming mechanic was changed so that now it is a lot more tedious
>>
>>24673620
>and this was the ONLY post-game
No it's not.

You have the Secret Bases, Contests, Maison, Legendaries, Delta Episode, and Online. The Maison is literally the Battle Tower with four leaders and more ways to battle.
>>
>>24673699
>The Maison is literally the Battle Tower with four leaders and more ways to battle.
So I suppose it would be ok if they just copy pasted it on every game from now on.
>>
>>24673719
They did the same thing with the Battle Tower and no one complained so why now?
>>
How about the simplification of contests? It feels like a minigame now, not a cool side thing like it did before. Being able to stuff your pokes full of as many Pokeblocks as you want takes out most of the gameplay. Now you just press A A A A while you look at something else for a while. Did Game Freak actually think that was an improvement? And no berry blending minigame. Contests are practically not even the same thing they were in Gen3, the appeal stage is the same but everything else plays differently (and not for the better).

If they kept contests how they were and added Gym Rematches maybe I could forgive the Battle Frontier removal but come on. And no Safari Zone too? And dumbing down areas like New Mauville, Sky Pillar and Granite Cave?

The whole game feels gutted, like they were intentionally trying to make it worse. (Maybe they were and Delta Emerald is on the way)
>>
File: copypaste.png (273 KB, 860x288) Image search: [Google]
copypaste.png
273 KB, 860x288
>>24673727
>>
>>24673758
What is this post trying to convey? Are you agreeing with me?
>>
>>24671516
Too much water
>>
File: actuallycopypaste.png (510 KB, 598x366) Image search: [Google]
actuallycopypaste.png
510 KB, 598x366
>>24673768
>>
>>24671907
>only praised because they have Kanto
I love this meme. You clearly never played GSC and you're probably under 18.
>>
>>24673795
Just because it is optimized differently doesn't make it any different. They each are structured the same way.
>>
>>24673795
they really put 0 effort into this
even the trainers use the models from kalos instead of their hoenn equivalents
at least they went through the trouble of changing the chatelaines' dialog a little
>>
>>24673795
Where's the Platinum and HGSS one?
>>
>>24673805
Can you tell me what is so great about GSC then?
>>
>>24673821
Have you actually played it? Hell you can even see a female Ace Trainer in the back on the ORAs one
>>
>>24673834
How's those relevant again?
>>
>>24673850
He's talking about the opponents you mongoloid.
>>
>>24673853
A shitty copypaste no one complained about.
>>
>>24673866
Still can't see the relevance in this thread about ORAS.
>>
>>24673861
Maybe because the trainers there are Kalos trainer classes. There aren't any Rising Stars or Veteran Trainers in Hoenn
>>
>>24673880
See >>24673719
Anon is implying the Battle Maison in ORAS is a shitty copypaste yet no one complained about the Battle Tower being copy pasted for 3 generations
>>
File: 1446225310494.jpg (503 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1446225310494.jpg
503 KB, 600x700
>>24671516
The only things I find wrong with ORAS are it being easier than RS in terms of the main quest as well as the overworld looking very blocky.

It's really strange. ORAS looks amazing with its colors and environments but at the same time, just really square.

My only other issue is a nitpick but, Regigigas isn't part of the regional Pokedex, and it's the leader of Hoenn's lesser trio.
>>
>>24671562
>they didnt fix water issue

The water itself wasn't an issue. It was the slow surf speed and the high encounter rate that made the water routes bad. Those were fixed in ORAS.
>>
>>24673909
>It was the slow surf speed
Didn't RSE have the fastest surf speeds for awhile?
>>
>>24673933

Other regions had less water, so the slower surf speed was bearable. Surf speed was still slower than running/biking on land which was a big deal when you had such long routes.
>>
>>24673895
>Battle Tower being copy pasted for 3 generations
You even know what a copy paste is?
>>
>>24673954
Yes, do you?
>>
>>24673963
Yes, when you copy from a source and paste it somewhere else.

The battle towers looks nothing alike. They were made from scratch each time. Unlike the Maison.

Is ORAS so bad that you got retarded from playing it too much? Or is it so bad that you're just grasping at straws here?
>>
>>24673954
>>24673999

The same Battle Tower was used in Crystal, RS, and DP. The Battle Towers in Emerald, Platinum, and HGSS are also copy pasted but with a Frontier Brain added in the end. They all have the same mechanics, ways of battling (bar Crystal with Double Battles), and work the exact same. 9 games with the same facility through 3 generations is a lot more questionable instead of a new facility that has been copy pasted in two games from the same generation.

>They look nothing alike

You are fucking blind
>>
>>24673999
So then how about you start shitting on HGSS for having a copy pasted Battle Frontier instead of praising it

Oh wait, you are a biased piece of shit. My bad.
>>
>>24674025
Not him; I actually like ORAS a lot, and even I see that the Crystal, RS, and DP Towers aren't copy pasted. Crystal was the start, RS had double battles, and DP had a Tower Master.

The only real instances of copy paste was Platinum and HGSS, and people welcomed that because the Gen IV Frontier was much more varied than the Maison.
>>
>>24673904
>OR/AS is easier
Is is really that much of a problem?
>>
>>24673699

But you can do all of those except for the Delta Episode and Maison before you even beat the 8th Gym, so technically, they are not post game.
>>
>>24674087
I mean, it isn't much of a problem, but I guess the feeling of having a challenge just wasn't there in ORAS.

Sure RS were easy games as well, but there were some portions of it that acted as skillbars at times. The battle with Brendan/May under the Cycling Road in RS being the one I can distinctly remember.

As for ORAS, despite its flaws, I'd actually play that more than Emerald, and it's only due to the generational enhancements that came with it. Emerald just feels uncanny to play with the lack of the physical/special split, day/night cycles, and so on.

Emerald has more things to do for the single player campaign, but it when it comes down to actually battling trainers, ORAS just has it beat.
>>
>>24674053
>instead of praising it
Where I praised it? Please remind me.

>>24674025
You are completely hopeless.
>>
>>24671516
The Battle Frontier is a thing, but not the only one.
I was waiting for a pseudo-remake of Emerald, which is way more equilibrate, complete and fun than Ruby & Sapphire in every aspect. And I get a fucking lazy remake, easiest than the originals games.
>>
>>24674214
This is why I'm glad they're taking forever in order to make the new game. I can legitimately hope for a great game. Please, take the time, GF, and don't disappoint me.
>>
>>24671516
>same pic spammed every day
>for months
>mods still won't just ban it at sight

There's a point where shitpost becomes too obvious.
>>
>>24674387
So this is what ORAS damage control has degraded into? wow you guys are losing your touch
>>
>>24673999
It was so bad underaged shitposters from /v/ who never played it, like >>24673999 came here to rage at it everyday, just to play consolewars somewhere since their board banned them.
>>
>>24674387
>same pic spammed every day for months
>d-d-damage control

You really are not a smart shitposter aren't you? How old are you? You are either a preteen or an autistic NEET to force it everyday.
>>
>>24674411
meant for >>24674392 obviously.
>>
>>24674387
those threads are so shit, the fake genwunners evolved into fake sjws along the way.

I'm starting to think quentyn or some equal turbo-tard comes to /vp/ now, he did go to /a/, /v/, /tv/, /co/ and /lit/ all at once.
>>
>>24674433
>yfw it's not a fake sjw
>yfw it's a real landwhale cunt

That would explain the shitposting being so bad, but then the culprits would have to be /co/mblr.
>>
>>24674392
see >>24672790

I'm sure your need to fuck slugs has nothing to do with it, autismo-kun.
>>
>>24671516
You should kill yourself instead.
>>
>>24671516
Nothing. It was a good fucking game with cool improvements.
Latio/as flying is fucking God-tier of all pokemon game gimmicks.
>>
test
>>
>>24674810
*slurp slurp*
this is a sound of you sucking masudas dick while you have low standards
>>
Nothing.
>>
>>24671566
>Game isn't balanced around exp share

When will you fuckers learn to turn it off? It's a built in Easy/Hard switch after people complained about easy/hard mode only being unlocked after you beat the game.

inb4
>hard

They're all easy.
>>
>>24671516
>Here, let me heal your Pokemon

Is a bit obtrusive, but I get it since it can be a bit annoying slogging up and down Hoenn's routes to get to a Pokecentre. Otherwise nothing much, they're great games.
>>
File: replica.png (533 KB, 851x435) Image search: [Google]
replica.png
533 KB, 851x435
>>24674402
You realize both posts are mine, right retard?

>underage
I'm not the Hoennbaby defending the worst remakes in the series with stupid arguments such as >>24674053 or >>24674025

>Never played it
Yeah, sure, keep telling yourself that. Being in denial won't make the games any better though.

>rage at it everyday
You overestimate how much I care about those shitty games.

Enjoy your Battle Maison replica :^)
Or don't, since you fuckers don't mind, GF can just paste it again in Z.
>>
>>24675149
The exp. share is just one of the things. You also have Mega Evolution, lots of NPCs healing your pokémon, strong gift pokémon and probably some more.

It's not an built in Easy/Hard or even Easy/Normal. The game was as you said always easy. So at best it is Easier/Easy.
If you want ORAS to feel like the same difficulty as previous games you have basically do a novelty run and ignore many new things the game throws at you simply because thegf didn't take them into account when making the games.
>>
tfw my ROM hack will fix a lot of problems with OR/AS
Will it stop shit posting, though? Doubt it.
>>
>>24676054
We already have ROM hacks that fix a lot of the problems. See >>24671734
>>
>>24673999
>The battle towers looks nothing alike. They were made from scratch each time. Unlike the Maison
LOL
>>
I'm at the 7th gym right now and all my team are in their low 60's. Rest of the game is going to be tedious.
>>
>>24676063
LOL
THEY COPY PASTED FRONTIER, THEREFORE INVALID ARGUMENT
>>
>>24676092
Well, yeah.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>24676092
Not that guy, but that is exactly what this means.
>>
>>24676092
>The battle towers looks nothing alike. They were made from scratch each time. Unlike the Maison.
>>
>>24671582
>Worst region, worst Pokemon, worst story
WHY DID YOU BUY IT THEN, ASSHOLE
>>
IF THEY JUST PUT IN THE BATTLE FRONTIER THEN THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TO MAKE AN ENTIRE NEW GAME FOR IT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>24676106
Are you? That's the Frontier, and yes, HGSS copied it. So? What are you even trying to argue there? Semantics?
>>
>>24676133
Don't worry, they won't.
>>
You are arguing over and over again about this shit, but whats the point if no one can change your mind? For some people ORAS is a lazy remake, for others its a decent game, whats the point of this thread you fuckfaces
>>
File: scr_1_TOP_RIGHT.png (150 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
scr_1_TOP_RIGHT.png
150 KB, 400x240
>>24676055
I'm the one doing this project, which replaces overworld map textures, character texures, mons textures, shiny textures, cries, sound effects, music, trainer mons/moves/items/levels and maybe other shit when we get the tools for it. I'm both gonna fix and improve on shit.
By the way, the guy you were quoting doesn't seem like he wants OR/AS to be good anyway.
>>
>people say the game is too easy
>"j-just turn off the exp share!"
You're a faggot if you actually use the EXP share in the first place.
It's still stupidly easy.
>>
Why didn't we just get a remade Emerald?
Doesn't GF realize they just need to remake the third version of each game and it'll be a lot better?
We're not getting a remade Platinum. I just know it.
>>
>>24671516

>Same pic every day for an year

Either Quentyn or an actual kid needs to be behind those orasexcessive rage memes
>>
>>24676474
>whats the point of this thread you fuckfaces

It's called shitposting, same with the slug fucker threads and /v/ consolewars. If newfags didn't lost their time trying to debate literal autistic shitposters like those and just trolled, saged, reported and ignored those threads, they'd die down.
>>
>>24676179
>I can't argue, so let me save face instead

Proven wrong already. Go pretend you bought 10 wii us and sold them away on /v/
>>
File: Hirumakek.png (212 KB, 600x391) Image search: [Google]
Hirumakek.png
212 KB, 600x391
>>24676031
>getting this triggered over people finding out you are underaged
>getting this triggered over your tears being drinked over and over
>giving away the most autistic reply possible, proving everybody right when they called you 10

kek, I can smell the pink fedora and pony shirt, you are as underaged as the kid who posted >>24676031 now go sperg back at /v/, place's 18+
>>
File: 1447882510770.jpg (18 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1447882510770.jpg
18 KB, 408x408
>>24674936
>>24676031
>You realize both posts are mine

I can't believe you fell for that crap autismo-kun. Why don't you say you are new and be done with it? Why not just say you suffer from retardation?

>actions

no wonder you aren't shitposting on bigger boards, even they ban toddlers
>>
File: anon nails oras.png (52 KB, 927x173) Image search: [Google]
anon nails oras.png
52 KB, 927x173
tldr
>>
Oras was just bad because they had no game record
>>
>>24671516
Too easy for those who know a lot about Pokemon, and easy for newcomers or casuals to get into.

And no postgame in sight. The Delta episode and copy pasted Maison is clearly not enough.
>>
>>24671516
What's wrong with falling down and breaking your neck?

Hard mode: Don't mention the part when your neck breaks and you die.
>>
>>24675149
>Easy/Hard switch

that would work if the "Hard" switch was actually hard.

IT's more like Cakewalk/Easy.
>>
>>24671591
just a bit more content in Kanto, and you can get mons from newer generations if you choose (i.e. Togekiss, Mamoswine, Tangrowth) spicing up the variety a bit
>>
>>24675149
>When will you fuckers learn to turn it off? It's a built in Easy/Hard switch

Except it's not? You fuckers only pretend it is just to suck Game Freak's dick some more and to pretend it isn't an unbalanced as fuck item. NOWHERE in the game or officially did they ever state it's meant to be a difficulty switch. If they wanted a difficulty switch don't you think they would just...you know... Put in a literal fucking difficulty switch instead of some item that the player is supposed to assume is a difficulty switch?
>>
>>24671516
no fucking variety until AFTER postgame
Like getting a zorua on route 1 is fun after you beaten the game.
>>
File: 1446141820466.jpg (69 KB, 581x494) Image search: [Google]
1446141820466.jpg
69 KB, 581x494
>>24677391
Oh no he's angry
>>
File: OEFwLUp.png (41 KB, 755x627) Image search: [Google]
OEFwLUp.png
41 KB, 755x627
>>24677359
Basically.
>>
test
>>
>>24671516
Same thing wrong with most Poke games.
>>
>>24677320
Never played DP. What would we miss if they don't use Platinum for the remakes?
>>
File: cad9bb_3856475.jpg (345 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
cad9bb_3856475.jpg
345 KB, 893x1200
/r/'ing the ORAS edit of this
>>
>>24686255
Battle Frontier, Gym Leader + other trainer rematches.
>>
File: cringegen.jpg (2 MB, 1400x1700) Image search: [Google]
cringegen.jpg
2 MB, 1400x1700
>>24687407
There's one already and it's as shit as this.
>>
>>24686255
Revamped Regional Pokedex (original only had 2 non-legendary Fire type lines in the entire dex, including the starter), gen 4 battle Frontier, Disortion World, revamped plot in general, legendary hunt...
>>
>>24687680

This pic is shit and always will be shit

The "counterpoints" if you even wanna call it that, are just "well I don't care, so it's not a flaw!"
>>
>>24677320
Then GF would lose out on the autists that buy one of each version. It's a cash grab, and why lose out on sales when you can remake two versions instead of one.
>>
>>24677400
/thread
>>
>>24686255
Platinum is basically Emerald 2.0. We won't miss much.
>>
>>24687680
holy shit nice autism you got there pal
>>
>>24687407
Just curious, most of these problems, it not all, were fixed in FireRed / LeafGreen, right?
>>
>>24690613
Yes, but FRLG is a gen 3 game so thats kind of a given
>>
It's really phoned in when compared to heart gold and soul silver. I think in one interview, they actually mention that ORAS was directed by someone who was really inexperienced because they were putting most of their effort into XY.
>>
>>24671645
It's because you are looking for the word "cited".
Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.