[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting a new 3ds xl and havent played a pokemon since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: pvd.png (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pvd.png
119 KB, 500x500
I'm getting a new 3ds xl and havent played a pokemon since gen 1. What should i pick up?
>>
>>24670623
Whichever one looks coolest to you.
>>
Pokémon Picross.
>>
>new 3ds xl
oy vey, buy a rereleased console that has minor changes
good goy
>>
>>24670623
ORAS is the latest release, but since you haven't played any since Gen 1 you should consider checking out BW as well by virtue of it being the most similar to the original games but not in the nostalgia whoring way like in XY.
>>
>>24670623
Get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. They have most of XY's features plus more, and XY will probably be getting a third version next year.

OR/AS have a bad rep around here for falling short of player expectations, but they're still pretty fun and definitely a better buy than XY right now.
>>
wait for Z

>>24670649
and don't listen this faggot
ORAS fixed jack shit, Z still has a chance
>>
>>24670647
I really wouldn't compare BW to gen 1. BW may have a "back to basics" feel, but the design philosophy with the story is completely different.
Only play BW if you want Pokemon with a more JRGP style story.
>>
>>24670647
>B/W
>being the most similar to the original games
Are you retarded? B/W and R/B are polar fucking opposites.

>Kanto opens up after the third badge and is the most nonlinear Pokemon game
>Unova makes you do what GameFreak wants you to do when GameFreak wants you to do it

>Kanto's story is short sweet and to the point, but there's extra lore scattered around if you're into that
>Unova's story is forced upon you at every opportunity

OP should play HeartGold or SoulSilver. the Johto games are objectively the most similar to the Kanto games.
>>
>>24670654
I didn't say ORAS fixed anything, it just includes the big XY features (Amie, Super Training, Maison, 3D-ness) and adds Dexnav and new Megas. If a gen 1 guy wants to see where Pokemon has gone, ORAS is a fine place.

Considering Z hasn't even been announced yet, "wait for Z" is shit advice.
>>
>>24670623
Super Mystery Dungeon
>>
>>24670623
Anything really. Don't listen to the faggots trying to force their taste on you, the series barely changed in those 20 years.

I'd start with XY though since it has online capability and kicked off this current gen.
>>
Ok dont buy a fucking new 3ds just buy a used 3ds or a 2ds for a fraction of the price. Pokemon isnt even a game that utilizes the extra ram and we all know the new 3ds is just the new DSi.

Second of all fuck what anyone else says. Buy ORAS. It has the most features and the most connectivity out of any game.
>>
>>24670732
>>24670637
my hands are too big for the regular 3ds/ds im trying to get a bigger system
>>
Sometimes I wonder if threads like these are really just bait for people to come and "subtly" force their favourite games onto OP
>>
File: order to play pokemon games in.png (1 MB, 1520x502) Image search: [Google]
order to play pokemon games in.png
1 MB, 1520x502
Here's the order I'd recommend playing the games in.

You can skip FireRed and LeafGreen, since they're just remakes of Red and Blue.
>>
>>24670747
Get the 3ds XL of the 2ds then. The 3d looks like shit anyway.
>>
>>24670669
>Kanto's story is short sweet and to the point, but there's extra lore scattered around if you're into that

>Just kill everything with you overleved mon
senpai
>History

Even a cardbox has more development than Kanto
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.