[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the main games never get to the point of having sprites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: PCP006.png (7 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
PCP006.png
7 KB, 128x128
Why did the main games never get to the point of having sprites this detailed?

It seems like every gen the depictions of all the monsters get more watered down and boring, even the 3D models all look like they're about to fall asleep from their own blandness
>>
File: PCP254.png (30 KB, 160x227) Image search: [Google]
PCP254.png
30 KB, 160x227
>>24667562
Because Game Freak doesn't develop the spinoff games.

Fun Fact: Did you know the Sceptile line was the only Hoenn starter line to be featured in Pokémon Conquest. We need more games when Blaziken isn't being dickrided.
>>
>>24667624
Reminder: Torchic line was the most promoted of Hoenn starters because Torchic is the favorite starter of Masuda, it is not the most popular starter of Hoenn.
>>
>>24667562
>Why did the main games never get to the point of having sprites this detailed?
Because the DS screen is only so big. It's not HD.
>>
>>24667562
Why did Conquest not manage to be anything but a very mediocre game?

>even the 3D models all look like they're about to fall asleep from their own blandness
Ebin.
>>
>>24668730
>implying blaziken isn't the most popular gen 3 starter
even if it's because of greninja-like shilling, the only group from whom i've seen sceptile get more acclaim than blaziken are smashfags (because muh grass rep)
>>
>>24668998
Sceptilefags are mentally ill. I think the pain of seeing Blaziken and now Greninja become so popular has pushed them over the edge.
>>
They had to spend extra time animating the sprites.
>>
>>24668973
nigga, the sprite in the OP is from conquest, which is in fact a DS game. the DS' resolution was good enough for these sprites, and they're a lot more detailed than the ones from BW/BW2
>>
>>24670210
How many points of articulation are in its animation?
>>
700+ Pokemon anon

They don't have time for that shit

And gen 4 sprites were great don't be a nitpicking bitch
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.