[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All this recent Genwun pandering is getting serously old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
>Pokémon GO
>Pokémon XY has nods to Gen 1 like Snorlax blocking a path, Kanto starters, Kanto legendary birds, Mewtwo in a dungeon, Viridian Forest clone, etc
>Smash and Pokken Tournament have mostly Pokémon from Gen 1
>now RBY ports on Virtual Console

Okay. We get it TPC! You have a boner for a Gen 1 and it started the entire series... blah blah blah!
>>
>first games in full 3D, giving old fans who haven't played in years a reason to try it again
>surprised at gen 1 fanservice
>>
>>24665776
feels good to be a genwunner :^)
>>
>>24665776

Like it or not, Genwun and the Pokemon from it are the most iconic and recognizable. The only exception I can think of is Lucario.
>>
>>24665776
Pandering is how you run businesses.

Also Mewtwo and the birds had to be in X/Y so people could obtain them with a gen 6 pentagon. That's why OR/AS are chock full of legendaries too.
>>
>>24665776
>Pokémon GO
1 gen stuff coming out during the 20th aniv? God have mercy on me.
>Smash
Every single Smash game has introduced at least one new Pokémon character from the current gen. We do have some other like Charizard at a later point but it's not really surprising given that this isn't a pokémon game and they will obviously include pokémon that other nintendo fans are familiar with. Jiggly is among the originals so it won't ever go away.
>Pokken
Also has kind of the 20th excuse since it will come to console in 2016.
The only one that really doesn't have any obvious reason is XY.
>>
>>24665776
>Pokken Tournament have mostly Pokémon from Gen 1
>Gardevoir
>Lucario
>Weavile
>Suicune
>Blaziken

This is half of the roster.
>>
>>24665776
>Disliking a Pokemon means you like the entirety of a different generation of pokemon, or that you like a completely unrelated pokemom

when is this meme going to be over
>>
File: 1435726389692.png (2 MB, 1362x1490) Image search: [Google]
1435726389692.png
2 MB, 1362x1490
>shitting on Pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>24665776
There was Gen 1 fanservice since get 2 all throughout gen whatever the fuck we're at now. It was always there. You're just noticing it now becuase this is the newst game and you want to bitch about it.
>>
>>24666229
dankest of all memes
>>
File: yo-kai qilin.jpg (24 KB, 230x238) Image search: [Google]
yo-kai qilin.jpg
24 KB, 230x238
>>24666229
Some of those aren't all that bad. I think a lot of people fail to realize that Yokai Watch aren't trying to make their monsters look like pokémon, but their own thing.

Besides, it's not like they don't have any 10/10 designs either.
>>
File: 1307846516228.jpg (296 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1307846516228.jpg
296 KB, 800x600
>Pokemon GO announced

"Jewnichi is kekolding the REAL fans of the series who have supported them all this time!"

>Original games made available for purchase

"Fuck Jewnichi's Genwun pandering! No one ones to play these games and anyone who does isn't a real fan of the series!"
>>
The Genfivurr Fallacy

When engaging in debate with the children that are Gen V fans, it is important to realise the juvenile mental tricks they will try to sprinkle through their argument. More well known fallacies they will use are the appeal to emotion, strawmen and ad hominem. The Genfivurr Fallacy, however, is the most common fallacy they will use.

The Genfivurr Fallacy can simply be defined as follows:
>Thinking that describing something automatically makes it good

Examples of The Genfivurr Fallacy:

>Conkeldurr is so cool. Everyone says he's terrible, but they just don't realise that he's a clown with bulging veins that's able to dual wield concrete pillars.
>Why do people say Vanilluxe is the dumbest pokemon in existence? It's not actually ice cream, it's just ice and snow that looks like ice cream!
>It's a samurai ottor. It stores its swords in its foreleg armour. It grew a beard.
>Garbodor is a dust bunny. You guys just don't get it.

And so on.

So, next time an Unovembryo posts something like this, you will be able to recognise it and combat accordingly. Happy posting, my anti-UIDF friends.
>>
Exeggute are SEEDS

I get fucking triggered when people can't see something that obvious and criticizes it based on their dumb misconception
>>
>>24666229
what is this
>>
>>24665776
That 4th point doesn't really make much sense
>>
>>24669253
Superior series
>>
>>24665776
>Pokémon GO
Has there been word that only the original ones are in? No. Shut up

>Pokémon XY has nods to Gen 1 like Snorlax blocking a path, Kanto starters, Kanto legendary birds, Mewtwo in a dungeon, Viridian Forest clone, etc
XY has nods to every single region and series. Of course they're only pandering if they happen to be about Gen 1 :^)

>Smash and Pokken Tournament have mostly Pokémon from Gen 1
They use the most iconic pokémon for such games. Most iconic pokémon happen to be from Gen 1. Deal with it

How terrible of them to release the original game in the Virtual Console in the 20th anniversary. They should totally pretend Gen 1 doesn't exist!

How and btw mind explaining to me how Exeggute is a food pokémon like Vanilluxe? You'd have a point if Exeggute happened to be a pile of scrambled eggs, but since they're regular eggs, which are something that happens in nature all the time, might as well consider Blaziken and Emboar foodmons as well
>>
>>24668485
epic genwar word
read the rules
>>
>>24665799
But that's the problem

>People who wont play anything that isnt Gen 1,2 or a remake of that
>Offering them anything that isnt that
It's retarded to cater to people that will never ever buy your shit.

>>24666281
>I think a lot of people fail to realize that Yokai Watch aren't trying to make their monsters look like pokémon, but their own thing.
Fucking this. I think many YW designs are awful but its stupid to expect them to work as pokemon.
>>
>>24669282
>Has there been word that only the original ones are in? No. Shut up
The trailer didnt show any. Which shows what they're really aiming at.
>>
>>24669338
No, yo're being stupid. Like it or not, the most iconic pokémon all belong to Gen 1. Charizard is the most popular starter despite all your lame Stealth Rock jokes, Pikachu is popular, and Mewtwo will always be the most iconic legendary pokémon. Of course they're not going to adversite Pokémon Go with whatever hipster shitmons you like.

So far there has been no indication that only the original roster will be included, so you can shove it
>>
>>24666119
whats the other half..
>>
>>24666229
>Tempura shrimp beard

some of these guys are badass you know
>>
>>24668508
>Exeggute are SEEDS
Sure jan
>>
Vaniluxe line was only shat on because of the localization name

It's supposed to be a glacier ice pick
>>
>>24669937
Vanilluxe was shat on from day one you newfag.
>>
>>24669937
Looks is that one retard that keeps trying to convice everyone that Vanilluxe doesn't have a clear ice-cream motif
>>
>>24666152
This. It's like when I stated my dislike for Doublade and retard anti-genwunner apologists were like
>B-BUT MAGNETON AND DUGTRIO
like they were automatically assuming I also like those Pokemon for some reason.

And gen 1 is always going to be the most popular OP. It's the original and most iconic. Sorry your anti-genwun cult isn't as widespread as you think it is.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.